Accepted Unban for smurf account (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathreus

SourceBans Ban URL: I don't know how to get a specific url...
Name of your Banned Steam Account: MySpaceBarDoesntLikeMe
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:417599466
Date and Time of the Ban: 01-25-18 01:43
Reason about the Ban: Apparently cheating ...
Admin that Banned you: Luigi123
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute: I've never cheated, is the ban actually for using an alt?
Note: My main is of the same name as my forum name. I have been playing on the server on the alt for a while, people can confirm I'm legit. My main has 2 weeks logged on the server.

• Funny
Reactions: Pricholas
Unfortunately being a legitimate player on one account, and cheating on the other does not show much integrity in your sense of character.
Let alone creating a new account here to make an appeal.
We already knew about the alt, VPN, and lmaobox. We've been waiting on Luigi's decision, and I think it's obvious what he thought.

Fortunately multiple users came forward with collaborative evidence to support their claims that this was indeed you, and that you were using 3rd party software. Luigi has seen this evidence as well and will probably tell you something similar.

Sorry not sorry

I never used a VPN, and am I allowed to see the evidence?

I've been playing in third person recently which I found out actually seems to make the reflect hitbox bigger, or just makes it easier to hit at certain angles, can reflect at almost a 90 degree angle and with the new airblast you can hit rockets behind you if you time it right because the hitbox extends slightly behind you, there's videos showing this behavior

Let alone creating a new account here to make an appeal.

Actually, I made the account last year because I was going to make a post suggesting my dodgeball versions modifications, like spectating the rocket

I closed my browser and then forgot all about it so I never made the post

I've been playing in third person recently which I found out actually seems to make the reflect hitbox bigger, or just makes it easier to hit at certain angles, can reflect at almost a 90 degree angle and with the new airblast you can hit rockets behind you if you time it right because the hitbox extends slightly behind you, there's videos showing this behavior

Could you link such a video please?

Not that it really matters, but all I saw was the new member tag on your profile so, assumption made. I can admit I'm wrong.

If the users who reported you are willing to come forward, they may do so.
If Luigi feels it necessary to share the evidence, or to reveal his sources he may also do so.

I've seen the evidence myself, so the defense you've presented is a falsehood.
It's not easy to judge someone's character over text, but I never would have made you out to be a cheater and a liar.
We have had a handful of community members who were respected and well thought of who turned out to be using cheats.
Nobody wanted to believe it, except for the proof sitting in front of their noses.

Hi there,

A user has came to me and reported you about hacking on an alt account, a video is not provided as the reporter was not able to record, however the evidence shown convinced me that you have an alt account and you were cheating on it. The suspected name is "Myspacebardoesntlikeme". Seen a name like this before and surprised it is showing up in the evidence.

First screenshot shows you and Cloud ninja talking to each other about Deathreus talking about him having fun being legit and not being legit, this could show that Deathreus has been hacking on an alt account and probably on his main, however I don't believe he was hacking on his main, but that's still into debate.

Second screenshot shows Deathreus claiming that is his alt, Cloud has mentioned to me that he has been on his alt on the server and cheated as well, no video evidence, but this can be the proof of what we needed, but can still go into debate. Deathreus also mentioned in the screenshot that the loader keeps crashing, a software named Lmaobox has a file called puindg or something and that you have to relog into your account before the software loads, if it crashes during game, you have exit the game or not and load the software again.

And the last screenshot shows that is Deathreus himself.

Overall, I placed the ban to get other peoples thoughts on this case, and in my opinion, if he has been hacking on other servers and on Panda, then the ban should go on as he could change his name or get a new IP and play on our server and cheat. Like dark angel as he uses a vpn to get onto our servers, which we can handle. Knowing someone is cheating with screenshots as evidence is hard to believe a little bit, however the screenshots above should be enough to prove that he is cheating and that who knows if he was using a software on his main as well. Cloud did not want to ruin his relationship with him, however he came clean and reported Deathreus.

Question is, shall we keep the ban on?

View attachment First Screenshot.png View attachment Second Screenshot.png View attachment Third Screenshot.png

I haven’t seen Deathreus’ alt on that much let alone his main, but the first thing that strikes me immediately is what he says in his appeal:
I've never cheated
And in the conversation with Cloud: “I forgot how fun it is to play half legit half not”.
I don’t know if he’s lying in the appeal or joking with Cloud, but whatever the case is it’s incredibly suspicious.

Without the demo it’s really hard to analyze this further, but this is just my take on it. I’ll let others give their opinions.

Now that it's out that I reported him (was hoping it wouldn't go that far but oh well) I'll come out and speak openly

I was playing with Deathreus (while he was on his alt) on a couple other servers, and didn't want to touch the community at all with it. I was fine with messing around on some little kids cp_orange_x5 critz,rtd,NEEDADMIN kind of servers, because they're just cancer anyway.

But then he started playing a significant portion of time on Panda and it got a little out of hand, as the account now has a full day of playtime on just Dodgeball TX.

• Informative
  • Dislike
Reactions: Jim and Zeprus
Now that it's out that I reported him (was hoping it wouldn't go that far but oh well) I'll come out and speak openly

I was playing with Deathreus (while he was on his alt) on a couple other servers, and didn't want to touch the community at all with it. I was fine with messing around on some little kids cp_orange_x5 critz,rtd,NEEDADMIN kind of servers, because they're just cancer anyway.

But then he started playing a significant portion of time on Panda and it got a little out of hand, as the account now has a full day of playtime on just Dodgeball TX.
So there is no actual proof he has cheated on our servers?

So there is no actual proof he has cheated on our servers?
If you look at luigi's post

He post's screenshots i provided from my discord conversations with reus while this was happening. He says here "I jumped from MaxDB to Panda to Disc to GSN, I'm on skial right now"

I've also provided a screenshot of his discord profile which is linked to his steam account.

• Dislike
Reactions: Jim
If you look at luigi's post

He post's screenshots i provided from my discord conversations with reus while this was happening. He says here "I jumped from MaxDB to Panda to Disc to GSN, I'm on skial right now"

I've also provided a screenshot of his discord profile which is linked to his steam account.
Which means he played on panda with that alt, not he cheated on it. Or am I missing something?

Which means he played on panda with that alt, not he cheated on it. Or am I missing something?
Reus "I'm just bad enough that admins come and go and I'm still around"
Me "What server you playing on?" "Panda?"
Reus "Various" "I jumped from MaxDB to Panda to Disc to GSN, I'm on skial right now"

To me that seems like clear admission.

• Dislike
The ban should be lifted because there's no actual evidence of him hacking. No demo, no ban.

"But Crypt, he sold himself out by saying he doesn't play legitimately?"

Yes, it was dumb on his part for self-incriminating himself; however, that could've been all talk. We can't punish players for breaking rules that they've claimed to done, if there's no actual evidence of them doing so. Not to mention, people lie all the time. There's a lot of people with lmaobox binds, yet the majority of them don't actually have the hack itself; it's all for show.

Here's another scenario that dates back to 2016:

Capri: Like you literally know he's breaking the rules when no admins are on
Cryptic: How's that bias? lol
Capri: "But he's chill so don't worry"
Cryptic: He tells me he does, but I can't do anything about it. You want me to punish someone, even though I didn't witness it myself?
Capri: Uhm he just admitted to breaking the rules?
Cryptic: Yes, but you can't rely on chatlogs. People lie all the time
Nation: Actually have to agree with Cryptic. Zeus will say I team-kill and steal from him as he does it to me, so I kind of have to back his side
Capri: What. No, but you know he's stealing. He's told you and people had numerous reports about him
Cryptic: Reports can be false, too
Capri: I even joined with a different name to check it out and he was stealing
Cryptic: I'm sorry, but I don't punish people, without witnessing 'em breaking the rules myself
Shiroe: He'd still need 100% proof of it.
Shiroe: That's what makes Cryptic a good admin. He knows how to punish people.

As for bypassing his ban, I deem that to be punishable because regardless of the ban being false, he used an alt nevertheless. Next time, record a demo, Cloud. And as for Deathreus, don't be so careless. If your appeal is accepted, there's going to be a lot of eyes watching you. Have fun with that.

• Agree
Reactions: Zeprus
Except I never really used it on dodgeball servers, I get too focused on actually playing the game, I should of clarified that a bit better when I said I didn't cheat but you can only edit a certain time after a post is made which is silly, the time to edit had just passed when I went to edit it again.

I know you made an effort to not join Panda when you were using it with me, as long as we're being honest here, whether you were actually using it or not, you did get on with your alt one day.

There's a lot of people with lmaobox binds, yet the majority of them don't actually have the hack itself; it's all for show.
In the past people with LMAOBox binds have gotten banned (mostly for advertising cheats/spam, but that aside)

I guess you didn't want to mention that one day you did get on Panda, as long as we're being honest here, whether you were actually using it or not, you did get on with your alt.
Alternate accounts aren't against the rules. Alt accounts that are cheating however, are.

• Dislike
In the past people with LMAOBox binds have gotten banned (mostly for advertising cheats/spam, but that aside)

They are being banned for advertising it, not for alleging that they use it. As long as there is no adequate proof (eg a demo or other suitable recording), I fully agree with what Cryptic said. Also let's not turn this into a shit-flinging contest, nobody here cares who allegedly did what on their alt account or on other servers.

• Agree
Reactions: Jim and Zeprus
Deathreus is a good player, but he is just above average. His alt on the other hand, which i had been on with numerous times, was a very different story. He would do amazing one game, and far less the next, hitting insane shots, and failing to hit a 160 direct. I agree, without a video proof, it is hard to definitively say "he was hacking" but he has not responded to the thread in a long time. I am fairly certain if he knew he was not guilty, he would continue to refute this ban. Also, players will sarcastically say "oh yea, time to toggle: and the like, but when someone laughs about how they are going on servers playing half legit, it is quite hard to feel sympathetic with them when someone reports them. Also, for him to be "joking" and including an issue the hack client has seems a bit off. When players normally joke about it, it is obvious and when asked they say they are messing around. Deathreus had done none of these until he got banned, which shows that he either was hacking, or felt it was a great idea to tell one of the few people who report on the TX server that he likes hacking, but not being obvious with it, that the loader kept crashing, and such. If someone with the name LMAOBOX joined and said he was hacking, dominated one of the better players, and the like, would you not be suspicious? Being a known player of the community makes it worse, because it shows that you care very little about the server, even if he didn't hack, why say he did in such a manner?

• Agree
Reactions: Pricholas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread