Declined Unban appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWC

-https://bans.panda-community.com/in...ch=STEAM_0:0:107024909&advType=steamid&Submit
Name of your Banned Steam Account:TheWalkingCake
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:107024909
Date and Time of the Ban: 08-22-18 17:04
Reason about the Ban: CallAbuse/SpamCalling
Admin that Banned you:Magglet
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute:I never called abused anyone there was indeed a hacker on the server he got banned after I did, and I never knew that there is a rule about "Spam calling" and I did not recieve any warnings

I usually consider invalid reasons in calls to be call abuse. If the player does not know there is an admin on, which can happen, I also do not consider that call abuse. I simply remind them that I am here, and handle the situation. However, if they keep calling after I have made it clear I am present, then a punishment will be given.

Also call spamming? Not to be rude, but maybe calls wouldn't be spammed if the admin(s) got on.. Like, call "spamming" can be annoying, but it's still a call that needs to be handled. Isn't there a cool down on the !call plugin, so "spam" shouldn't exactly be a problem?

If possible, @Magglet, please share with us what the calls exactly were and how many times Cake (or others) did call within a certain time frame.

Reactions: PNN and TWC
Would like to point out Cake has two bans prior for call abuse.
"Multiple false calls"
"False Reporting, Reporting when Admin is active"

I don't want to make any implications because I know 0% of what happened.
However the above evidence does not help the appeal.

"I never knew that there is a rule about "Spam calling" and I did not recieve any warnings"
Well, for the record, !call sends a private steam message to all admins who staff the server you call from.
If you send more than one call and an admin doesn't show up, it does not mean to keep calling until someone appears.

If @Magglet will open his calladmin chat and see if the history is still there, he can copy paste the calls made to show us the amount of calls and their reasons.

New report on: http://Panda-Community.com #25 | Trade

Reporter: TheWalkingCake (STEAM_0:0:107024909)
Target: Fleshlight Furby (STEAM_0:1:217594576)
Reason: Hacking
Join URL: steam://connect/176.57.142.80:27075

If you have handled the report, type !handle 146042

6 calls identicle to this within an hour. As well as constant private messages

Would like to point out Cake has two bans prior for call abuse.
"Multiple false calls"
"False Reporting, Reporting when Admin is active"

I don't want to make any implications because I know 0% of what happened.
However the above evidence does not help the appeal.

"I never knew that there is a rule about "Spam calling" and I did not recieve any warnings"
Well, for the record, !call sends a private steam message to all admins who staff the server you call from.
If you send more than one call and an admin doesn't show up, it does not mean to keep calling until someone appears.

If @Magglet will open his calladmin chat and see if the history is still there, he can copy paste the calls made to show us the amount of calls and their reasons.
The bans were 3 years ago

New report on: http://Panda-Community.com #25 | Trade

Reporter: TheWalkingCake (STEAM_0:0:107024909)
Target: Fleshlight Furby (STEAM_0:1:217594576)
Reason: Hacking
Join URL: steam://connect/176.57.142.80:27075

If you have handled the report, type !handle 146042

6 calls identicle to this within an hour. As well as constant private messages

So now theres proof of one call, which is not abuse. To even consider declining this, more proof will be needed. All calls are saved in steam, but if you can't find it, the steam app on your phone saved it.

As for you @TheWalkingCake , do you really belive theres needed a warning for everything before getting punished? By looking at your SourceBans, you already have been banned twice for callabuse, which in this case is your warning in the first place. You should by now know this rule.

Reactions: Inkticious
So now theres proof of one call, which is not abuse. To even consider declining this, more proof will be needed. All calls are saved in steam, but if you can't find it, the steam app on your phone saved it.

As for you @TheWalkingCake , do you really belive theres needed a warning for everything before getting punished? By looking at your SourceBans, you already have been banned twice for callabuse, which in this case is your warning in the first place. You should by now know this rule.
I never called abuse my ban was for call spamming a rule that does not exist

Lets put this from my perspective. Considering me and Zeprus handle 90% of all of the calls for trade because most of the other admins are inactive in answering you messaged me and called. I have told you in the past its okay to message me if u need me. My online status was on due to my computer running a trading bot so I am always "online" but I have told you in the past that if I don't reply I am not available.

You decided to use the call feature along side this which is fine. But you decided instead of waiting patiently for either myself or another admin to come you called continually over and over on the same person as well as spam messaging me.
It was incredibly rude to me as I attempt to answer every call I am available for. I was in hospital at the time ( I don't need sympathy or anything) and my phone going off almost 18 times over the same matter which I hadn't replied to within the hour at all.
You continually felt the need to harass me as an admin and the call system. Yes it is uncommon to see someone banned for call spam but I think it is perfectly acceptable to put it under the "call abuse" rule as you did abuse the call system to harass me and I guess the other admins.

I do not copy and paste every single call that was put up they are identical. You can feel free to check. Here are the handle numbers
There are older ones that I couldn't handle but I have this in the history.

Call #146042 was handled by Magglet
Call #146041 was handled by Magglet
Call #146040 was handled by Magglet
Call #146039 was handled by Magglet
Call #146038 was handled by Magglet
Call #146041 was handled by Magglet

I just copied the bottom

P N N, he said there was 6 other identical calls, I see no reason to distrust him on that.
Cake, spamming the call admin bot = abusing the call admin bot.
Staff members have a life outside of Team Fortress and cannot cater to 100% activity.

Unfortunately the call information doesn't show a time stamp for each call, Magglet would need to manually show us those as well, but it was stated they were within the frame of an hour, so at least one call every 10-15 minutes. In addition, PM's which were not answered to further the case that the call was not going to be handled at that time.

I'm going to decline. Your ban will be over soon, it's not permanent.

Please consider obtaining evidence on the player, and placing a report next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread