Accepted Unban Appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaz

SourceBans Ban URL: (my ban list, I dont know how to get the specific ban link) https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:58833059&Submit
Name of your Banned Steam Account: chaz
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198077931846/
Date and Time of the Ban: 04-17-17 18:27
Reason about the Ban: Avoiding punishment
Admin that Banned you - danny1998
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute:
Okay, firstly before I got the 12 hour BAN, I got a gag for 240 minutes for saying "afk" three or four times in the chat (obviously classed as spam). I do not recall getting warned about this. Therefore it is unfair that I got the gag as I didnt get warned and also I was trying to be a good citizen to the server so the Hale would get slayed by an admin so we can get on and play the next round. Because of this gag, I was using the mic as I was not muted for that. I was not spamming or disrupting in any way when I was using the mic. The reason I got banned is because I renamed myself "ungag me" and names like "put ungag chaz in your name". This was classed as avoiding punishment because I was talking to the server with my gag. I was renaming myself for a joke and I was not avoiding the punishment as I was talking on the mic so I could still contact the people in the server anyway. Also, a key factor of this is that I did not get any warning of avoiding the punishment which is very unfair because if I did recieve warning, I would have changed my name and stopped. I am a common player on the server and I have a lot of friends on it. I know and they know I do not mean to cause disruption in any way.

• Friendly
Reactions: PNN
He always reminds ppl of the important rules and makes the server unique
.He did nothing wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: chaz
So in my opinion, if it's okei for me to say it, is that Chaz did the only good thing there. Recently there have been way too many AFK hales. With the AFK hales, players get 14k damage easily, which is annoying for the others. We compete on the scoreboard and the ranking system you got, so when one or two players get 14k damage by just goomba the shit out of the hale while the others have no idea about it, it messes up the scoreboard and the ranks. Everyone want to get to the top 10 rank, but not by killing AFK hales.

A warning should have been enough, but he never got one.

• Agree
I am a common player on the server and I have a lot of friends on it. I know and they know I do not mean to cause disruption in any way.

There it is your a common player on the server we don't have to warn you everytime if you break the rules.
We don't have to warn you everytime if you do something wrong Enough = Enough
There are even admins that just warn 4- 5 time and then is enough you will get your punishment

Hello Chaz!
As you said, you're a common player. However, it looks like your awareness of the rules about spamming and punishment evasion is not there at all. When it comes to your gag, I do recall I warned other players, that spamming is not allowed. Those messages are meant to be reminders for other players that are not the ones who spam. These recently given-out messages give me a reason to not warn other players. In addition to that, common players like you know the basic rule about communication via text and voice; no spamming. You have three gags now. That means you have experienced the lack to communicate via chat. Hopefully, you could have learnt a lesson after those two gags before this one. Those two gags, before the recent one, are from the previous month.

I shall repeat myself. I gagged you without a warning directed to you, because:
  • You're a common player. You know the rules.
  • I warned other players recently.
  • You had two gags before the recent one. I assumed you knew better.

You were banned for 12 hours for avoiding the gag, because you communicated with your name. I prolonged the ban's length to a day, due to the fact that you have now three bans already (one of them for admin impersonation).

The punishment evasion:
a7zu.png

I was renaming myself for a joke
Joke or not, it is not allowed. I am sincerely sorry to do this to you, but rules are rules.

Also that "danny worst admin" :kappa:

More Regular rulebreaker and liar then common player.

You need to understand that I was not intending to spam. I was trying to help. However, the gag isn't the main reason for my appeal. I accept the gag as I can still play on my favorite server. It is the 12 (now 24) hour ban that is my main issue. You did not give me ANY warning for avoiding punishment. As I said, I would have stopped immediately. Also, I did not impersonate an Admin, but I have forgotten about that and I wont get on to that as in my opinion it was not right to ban me (for a week).
Also, I would like to get input from other admins as I am pretty sure Iceviet and danny1998 are not very fond of me.

Do we realy have to warn you for not avoiding punishment ?????????????????????????????????????????

Yes, as I have not done it before.

I would like to get input from other admins
That would not be a problem, of course you can get input from other admins!

I am pretty sure Iceviet and danny1998 are not very fond of me.
An admin is supposed to treat all players equal, even though the player is a new player, a regular player or a donator. In this case, I treated you along with the rules you broke. I respect that you think like that about us, but it does not change the fact that you broke the rules, I'm afraid. All situations are also supposed to be seen on in an objective way.

• Friendly
I know I broke the rules of Avoiding Punishment. But I think the ban was unfair and not the right thing to do. That's the point of my appeal. I explained why I think it's unfair in the appeal.

Also, I find it very unfair that you have prolonged the ban for another 12 hours because I have been banned before. I have been banned before, yes, and that was my punishment and I have faced the punishment. So why give me an even longer ban when I have already faced the punishment?

The more bans you have, the longer the next one will be.

EDIT: It depends on the severity as well.

https://www.panda-community.com/threads/a-warning-before-punishement.11493/page-2#post-62868

As established following the discussion in this thread, admins should warn players when appropriate. I don't think the rule about avoiding punishments shows up in the rule box upon joining the server. It may be obvious that the player could not repeatedly change their name to communicate with players casually, but it is not unnatural for a player to use their name to ask for an ungag without resorting to the forums immediately. A warning would have been appropriate.

Any appeal could be dismissed by saying "don't expect warnings, just use common sense", but this contradicts the conclusions drawn in the thread linked above. Regardless of whether or not you agree with a system of warnings, admins should apply it consistently. Unless for some reason that I cannot see this case is markedly different from other instances of rulebreaking, a warning would have been expected of Danny - as was established in the discussion.

• Friendly
Reactions: chaz and PNN
I typed something up but realized upon reading the thread again I missed something.

Is this an appeal for the gag? ban? or both?
As @chaz said they were not interested in appealing for the gag anymore half way through the thread.

Also did chaz get warned at all for the changing of names, the spam, both or neither?

This is appeal is mainly for the ban, but the gag was the reason for it so I felt like I needed to include it. For the spam I didn't get warned in particular but danny1998 said he warned other players recently, I am a common player so should know the rules, and he thought I knew better. For the changing of names I did not get warned at all.

This is appeal is mainly for the ban, but the gag was the reason for it so I felt like I needed to include it. For the spam I didn't get warned in particular but danny1998 said he warned other players recently, I am a common player so should know the rules, and he thought I knew better. For the changing of names I did not get warned at all.

Can I also assume that you are mainly well behaved in the server? (plox be honest i don't bite)
Sorry forgot this question :p I just want to form an opinion as Danny wanted some.

I do behave well on the most part :kappa:
I like to reinforce rules like "No insulting", "Only english".
I have a lot of friends on the server so I am kind to everyone. (unless they break the rules)
If I get mad I try to keep it in and I like to rage to my friend in steam chat instead of in server chat :p

If this is a the case and it's a one off they should of been warned.
If they are know to cause trouble and have been warned within a week then I personally think a warning shouldn't be given. I've had regulars test how far they can push it and use the no warning as an excuse. I don't really stand for that BS, making me top lel badmin :kappa:

As for the name thing you shouldn't of been doing it. If danny kick warned you though (which I'm assuming he didn't) and you came back with these names I'd say the ban was in order.

Overall, I believe Danny was doing his job. Maybe he had a bad day... or you had a bad day as well for the slip on the spam. Both parties can be blamed in this case.

That's my opinion. Over and out ::):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread