UI & Lag problem (1 Viewer)

Je Hooft

Hey guys, so since like a week ago my tf2 started acting really strange. There are two main issues I'm having:

1. My pc starts lagging hard (like 5fps) whenever I load into a new server. However I can turn it off by changing my anti-aliasing settings. Sounds normal enough right? Well, no. After I change my settings, everything works fine for the map I'm playing on (this happens for every map), however when I go to the next map, I start chugging again. However when I change my anti-aliasing settings back again (I usually go from 4x MSAA to none and back to 4x MSAA etc.) everything works fine. I just don't understand why tf2 does that, it's so weird... Does anyone know what I can do or what a problem might be?

2. I usually play VSH on here, but since like a day or so after the first issue appeared, I also started getting UI issues. When I'm alive everything works fine, but when I die the killcam thing that normally shows your killer's name and hp says %killername% and %health% where the hp bar appears full. This is annoying on its own, but after I die, I can't see the damage I did to Hale anymore, nor can I see the damage the person I'm spectating does. I also can't see the top three damage dealers when I type !haledmg on after I die. I also dont get win/lose screens when I die.

Can anyone please help me with these issues? They just happened out of nowhere and I do not at all understand why it's happening. FYI I'm not using any custom UI or whatever.

That first issue you have, I had few months ago after GPU upgrade.
My FPS would drop to ~5 and only thing to fix it was - like you said - toggle (something like AA) video settings. After witch game would freeze for few seconds and continue normaly.
I find solution. I had some conflict with driver (or GPU itself) vs rest of hardware. After all I tried, in vain, I upgraded CPU (and some other things). And after that it worked. Without single problem.
So... my guess is driver problem (unless you changed your hardware, in which case the solution is expensive)

I updated all my windows files but nothing helped. I do not know how to reset my driver or on what website to upgrade my driver (I also have no idea how to upgrade CPU). Could anyone help me please?

Have you tried adding an FPS boost Config? Or maybe just some simple commands to reduce the strain on your computer. It sounds a little simple but running just tf2 and no other apps may help. Anyway good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread