Twigs

SourceBans Ban URL: Panda Community SourceBans
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Twigs
Steam ID 32 STEAM_0:0:139248913
Date and Time of the Ban: 2022-05-12 20:27:22
Reason about the Ban Duplicate account
Admin that Banned you: CONSOLE
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute / teamban:
I frequently use a service called ProtonVpn, which is a program that provides free VPN connections so that I can use my personal computer while at school instead of having to use my school computer. However when I finished class and opened up team fortress two, I neglected to turn off the VPN. I tried connecting the first time and it just said I got disconnected, but then the second time I tried connecting, it said I was banned from the server for having a duplicate account. I only have this account, so that kinda confused me so, I googled why that happened. And from what I understand SourceSleuth, the program you guys use for your automatic bans doesn't detect VPNS, but instead bans based solely on IPS, which means that players that connect with the same IP as someone who was previously banned will also get banned as well and seeing as I don't have any other accounts I feel like this is a pretty good example of this. On top of that I feel that the fact that my account is over six years old also proves that it's not a duplicate account seeing as most duplicate accounts are usually made a day after the initial ban.
I really love playing on your servers whenever I can and I enjoy getting to be a part of the community. I don't want any of that to be ruined though, because I accidently forgot to turn off my VPN after school.

Here's the forum post regarding most of this information as well as pictures of ProtonVpn and examples of how it changes your IP address.
1652390225463.png

1652390264443.png

1652390317370.png

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=329723 ( link to the forum post )

Here's also screenshots of the program itself

1652390879347.png

1652390974976.png

1652391061238.png

Well, make sure your VPN is off before you join next time. I've removed the general ban, IP ban stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread