Declined Trash Man's 2nd Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Wiggler

Donator
(Your name/nickname)
The Trash Man

(Age)

(Permission to apply)
Not required via age

(Steam32 ID)
STEAM_1:1:85678223

(My Bans)
Comms https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=Trash+Man&Submit=Search

Bans https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=Trash+Man&Submit=Search

(General online times/Timezone)
I am usually on for about 2 hours a day, may very depending on day.
My timezone is CDT so I am usually on at about 4:00 to about 6:00 and sometimes from 7:00 to 9:00

(Server you usually play on/wish to apply to)
I normally play on the NY Jailbreak server and it is the server I wish to apply for.
I visit other servers here and there but not to often the only other server you really see me on other than NY Jailbreak is NY Trade server.

(Time on the server)
https://gameme.panda-community.com/playerinfo/4022386

(Do you have a microphone)
Yes I do have one and from what I am told it is good quality too.

(Do you have previous Admin/Moderator experience)
I do not have previous admin experience unless you count discord because I am a admin on most servers I am on.

(Do you have experience administrating with SourceMod)
I do not but will begin to look into it and getting experience with it but from the looks most of it can be done via in-game chat.

(Why should you be a part of our team)
There are very few dedicated admins to NY Jailbreak and I think it could use some more admins on to manage most times, I have a little bit of experience with how to manage problems with players from friends administrating and it will be crucial that there are people on who know what they are doing.

(Briefly explain how you would work)
Everyone thinks different on how punishments should work from a little bit of time to permanently, I believe it should be 5 chances but that is what I think. But I am willing to change if my mentor sees it proper.

Bans and Comm Bans will go in this order of stacking.

2 Hours - 12 Hours - 1 Day - 1 Week - Permanent.

After their second ban which is 1 day they usually make the decision of if I care enough about playing on the server I will appeal it, and if they don't care they will just see to getting banned and staying that way.

I will list my ideals for the Jailbreak rules that can be broken and be punished for.

(Micspamming) - I tend to hear a lot of earrape stuff along with music which can affect others and annoy anyone playing I will probably warn them once and if they continue I will start my line of bans.

(Baiting) - I tend to see and hear a lot of baiting scenarios which will be blown off by most but people new to the server will attack them making it fun for no one so I will give them two warnings to stop before I ban them.

(Exploiting) - I see quite a bit of map exploits like Door glitching, Standing on door during nine square to avoid death etc. so I will warn them once if they are caught doing it again they will get a ban.

(Fail Warden) - This is one of the most common ones around someone new joins blue but doesn't want to be warden they will be moved to red and told to read the rules before joining blues, if they do it will be a guard ban.

(Inappropriate Sprays) - I will keep it simple if I see it they it will get removed and they will be warned, if they spray it again it will be a spray ban.

(Freekilling/Mass Freekilling) - One of the worst for last sadly this is one of the most common cases where either they are new, on accident, or on purpose this will work simply I give them two warnings the first they will be warned and slayed, if they do it again it will be final warning and they will be slayed, anything past that will be banned.

I wish you all a good day and I hope to make this community a better place

Player has passed all the requirements.

Connection time is currently 11 days 12:01:46 hours

1 Ban

1 Comm. block

Although both of these are within 3 months of this current day.

Summoning NY Jailbreak admins:
@Madact (Gave feedback)
@ZeroPC
@XplosiveAction

forgive me if I forgot one there was a big wave of them.

Good luck!

EDIT: Also there is a magical thing called editing your post if you forgot something, please try to do that next time @The Trash Man

Last edited by a moderator:
(Micspamming) - I tend to hear a lot of earrape stuff along with music which can affect others and annoy anyone playing I will probably warn them once and if they continue I will start my line of bans.

(Baiting) - I tend to see and hear a lot of baiting scenarios which will be blown off by most but people new to the server will attack them making it fun for no one so I will give them two warnings to stop before I ban them.

(Exploiting) - I see quite a bit of map exploits like Door glitching, Standing on door during nine square to avoid death etc. so I will warn them once if they are caught doing it again they will get a ban.

1) you mute people who micspam not ban, ever. Im sure you know this though

2) Guardban for baiting specifically

3) Door glitching isn't really exploiting at least not as of right now. It's really cheating which the warden has to specify "no cheating" towards.

Also I believe it's necessary to have 6, not 5 punishments for panda. Maybe squeeze in something between 1 day and 1 week.
I would like to see a full list of punishments for the types of offences. Look at Mine/Zero/Madacts app to see examples. Things like MFK obviously don't get 5 punishments and then a 6th perm. It would get like 1 720 min ban and then a perm ban pretty much, depending on the admin.

Really nice person, friend of mine and all. Would enjoy teaching how to use sourcemod and whatnot no problem. That being said with me and zero just becoming an admin we need to learn all this stuff ourselves so right now we're getting used to just being a team and getting ready for when we have our permissions.

In between neutral/+1. I guess you'd call it +.5 lol.

I don't have my trial tag just yet at the time of writing this but I hope I can still give my thoughts.

Without a doubt, @The Trash Man is quite one of the more active regulars on the NY JB server. He's kind, friendly, and people do seem to enjoy his company on the server. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly positive on this application as of now. I don't think I've seen enough of his behavior towards rule breakers yet to give my full opinion.

Just like Justin said above, I would like to see some punishment numbers to further understand how exactly you would punish players. I don't think the simple order you gave above will cut it for every possible punishment.

As of now, I am Neutral on this.

My vote may change once I see more of his activity on the server.

• Dislike
Reactions: Dandy
(Micspamming/Gags and Mutes only)
30 minutes - 2 hours - 6 hours - 12 hours - 24 hours - permanent(depends on how often it happens and how bad it is)

Team Bans

(Baiting)
30 minutes - 2 hours - 6 hours - 12 hours - 1 day - 1 week - permenant(Can go down depending on how often it happens and how bad it is.)

(Fail Warden)
1 hour - 3 hours - 12 hours - 1 day - 1 week - permenant(will not reduce for future offenses)

(Freekilling)
2 hours - 6 hours - 12 hours - 1 day - 1 week - 1 month - permenant(May vary due to purpose or accident. Burger King massacre is immediate perm ban)

Spray Ban

(Inappropriate Sprays)
1 hour - 3 hours - 6 hours - 1 day - permenant

As stated by @XplosiveAction exploiting isn’t really a rule so there is no need for a punishment list for it.

Anyways thanks all for viewing this I hope you enjoy my presence in this community and I hope you enjoy your day!

You’re getting there but these punishments are really low for the first two.
Though I have seen madact do 30 min punishments there’s not much escalation for anything besides Freekilling (btw your freekilling one has 7 steps not 6)

“2 Hours - 12 Hours - 1 Day - 1 Week - Permanent.”
Wasn’t a bad progression

• Dislike
Reactions: Ranger Ciri and Jim
(Inappropriate Sprays)
1 hour - 3 hours - 6 hours - 1 day - permenant

I’m no admin but I’m pretty sure if you have an inappropriate spray its a warn to change then a perm spray ban (unless appealed obviously)

As stated by @XplosiveAction exploiting isn’t really a rule so there is no need for a punishment list for it.

It is a rule just not door glitching or cheating if you activate bkm that is exploiting if you stand on a tiny piece of land in 9square to evade death that isn’t exploiting it’s really confusing but I guess when you become admin you gotta learn to deal with that stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: TWC
I am trying to give punishments but don't want to be too strict about it. Thats all really.

• Funny
Reactions: TWC
Try to find the right balance between strict and forgiving going to far either way can be bad.

Also is it just me or does this seem like you just copy pasted your old application here.

The last one did not get a chance to be upvoted or downvoted due to me getting banned 30 minutes before I applied

Hello!

So lets see here...
I've known TrashMan for a while now, I get on with him. He's a laugh and generally enjoyable to play with. Over the months of coming back to adminship I've had my fair share to see Trash and I have seen improvements.
There where some points in the past where I remembered you having a Trashman bind in all caps, which I see you don't use anymore. I see some light warnings about rules which is a good start and also those sessions are pretty sweet.
What does concern me is your teamkill. It still has to be taken into consideration. Can you explain what happened? If you even remember what happened.
Also one thing (this is out of your control) is that the two new admins do need to learn first how to administrate jailbreak to get their experience up. I need them ready to be able to function on their own before I want to consider more jailbreak admins at this moment. That being said I don't mind having applicants to look through but it's difficult for me to say yes or no during this time as I don't want more till we get a solid foundation for this team.
Your microphone is clear and I believe you can warden correctly, so no issues on that half.

Overall, it's mainly positive but I don't want to give my actual vote till we are ready. I hate delaying this sort of thing but I really cannot help it.
Also I want to see your answer to this teamkilling & a little more time to make sure you have definitely improved from your past mistakes.

Sorry if this hasn't really given a solid answer :nekoheart:

Edit:
Applicant has recently broken blue team rules, this will have a serious effect on his application.

Edit edit:
I'm going to have to -1 vote now. With the recent mishaps maybe you need more time to adjust to server rules or you're just making too many mistakes I'm not sure. Sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeroPC
What does concern me is your teamkill. It still has to be taken into consideration. Can you explain what happened? If you even remember what happened.

Yes I have PMed you on the forums to let you know what happened about it anyone rating this feel free to PM me any bad things you saw about this and I will do my best to take a look into it!

Also to everyone who have replied thanks for taking the time to view this admin application, thank you very much!

Reactions: Geronimo
I have already voted in private, but due to recent information, my feedback must go public.

Sorry Trash Man but I cannot agree that you will be a fitting member of this team. You certainly are a nice guy and people enjoy your company. But in the past week, I haven't seen you take any kind of action/alert towards rule breakers, nor have I seen much dedication to attempting to care about this application. I saw some dedication the first couple of days of submitting this application (really good dedication too), but as of lately, I haven't seen the same thing. One last thing:
Also one thing (this is out of your control) is that the two new admins do need to learn first how to administrate jailbreak to get their experience up. I need them ready to be able to function on their own before I want to consider more jailbreak admins at this moment. That being said I don't mind having applicants to look through but it's difficult for me to say yes or no during this time as I don't want more till we get a solid foundation for this team.

My vote could change overtime if I see more dedication, but I am sticking with -1 for now.

• Agree
Reactions: vinny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread