Pending Trade Suggestion? Do they still exist? (1 Viewer)

Add afk manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
I want to keep this short, it's 3 am in the morning and I don't want to write an essay. and i want to sleep

2 words: AFK Manager. sample text (alliedmods)

Almost everyday when I join, when the server is full, I see a good amount of players, usually ranging from 20 to +40%, idling in the spawn, doing nothing and wasting a slot that could've been used for another trading user. Already got some people calling me multiple times for kicking some dude who was afk since the day before, which it happens a lot frequently sadly.
Also, it happens frequently that some players join during the day, play for like 30 mins/few hours and then stay afk for few hours, until they don't come back for doing this in cycle until the evening when they quit. Two examples can be seen in the spoiler. (Guy with 5h 51m / Guy with 2h 4m)

At least, from my point of view, it makes me annoyed because of the amount of players that everyday needs to be kicked because of this issue.
I would personally kick after 30-45 minutes of idling, as the players could have some small stuff to do irl.

A small example can be seen down here in the spoiler:
You can already see that there are 2 AFKs, and I don't know about the other people in the server.
This happens more frequently on EU trade, with way worse results, and I can't take a screenshot now because everyone is sleeping.

ustrade.png

US Trade Screenshot taken at 3:05 am (GMT+1)

This small feature could help the trade server to be more active in trading and tryharding, aswell as helping the admins that don't need to remember and check anymore every X hours if there's someone idling and wasting a slot.

Would like to hear other Trade Admins' opinions.

@Hedgehog
@ZeroPC
@thebishcrazy
@Agent C
@Zeprus

Sorry for the ping.

I don't really have an opinion here. This barely happens when I join. Rare chance it does, I just kick (assuming they are indeed AFK for hours) so I don't care if we have a plugin or not.

The rest of the trade team will probably have some insight.

Idk how this entirely plays out, but I guess it'd depend on how aggressive the afk manager is? I'd imagine people genuinely tabbing out to trade might find themselves needlessly punished.

I can concur, sometimes especially on US trade I see people on the server for 6, sometimes even 10 hours sitting in spawn afk, then they just disconnect.

Reactions: fanthom
To begin I’ll be addressing mainly NY Trade’s standpoint since I’m more familiar with that sever, overall it just depends on the time of the day how active it is and even then I do see some idlers that spend hours afking on the server. I didn’t really it that much of a problem in hindsight as a former admin and only really kicked people when they were clearly afk and the server was full/ people were attempting to join and couldn’t due to the slots being taken so I do take in some fault in the whole situation still continuing.

Personally I think of it more of just a mindset of just “oh, I should kick people that aren’t active/ not participating in the game mode ( say for example being “friendly” in VSH and dealing 0 damage).”

I wouldn’t mind a plug-in, worst case it’s broken or easily abusing some of the regulars and they’ll share their disgruntled feelings.

Reactions: fanthom
mp_idledealmethod "0"
This command picks what idle method to use, 0 disables it, 1 forces the players to spectate and then kicks if they keep being idle, 3 kicks them.

mp_idlemaxtime "0"
To make mp_idledealmethod work you need idlemaxtime, which is in minutes, and here you can configure how long they can go afk in game and when the limit ends they do whatever the mp_idledealmethod is.

Better to use this commands instead of using a plugin imo.

I think it'd be good to have because i see many traders trying to join. But are struggling because the server is full due to the fact there are afk's taking up space. For example last night there was like 3 or 4 people afk in the server, standing still not doing anything, and theres traders that i know that come on to the server and actually advertise but can't.

Not only that i also get messages off people asking if i can kick an afk so they can join to advertise what they're selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread