Declined Trade Server - Grappling Hook (1 Viewer)

Add Grappling Hook to Trade server

• Yes.

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • No.

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddin

Banned
Grappling hook on Trade server, thanks.

Reaching the rooftops is a pain if you can't jump on the pool board properly.

nice poll

i don't like to have grappling hooks on trade
is a pain in the ass when a spy keep getting away because of the grappling hook

Requesting that OP or an Admin fixes the poll.

Never liked the grappling hook from the beginning and since the rooftop in particular is reachable by all classes in one way or another; it's going to be a no for me.

Throwing a comment in here since I've talked about this very briefly with DaRandom and thought my opinion might bring something new to the table.

The grappling hook doesn't just make it easier to reach the roof, but also makes it way harder to spawncamp. It enables a quick reliable way to leave the spawn and get out of the direct reach of the enemies. As it is right now there are pretty much only two way to leave the spawn. Through the main gate and the underground. Most of the time one team spawncamps the main gate of the other team on trade and very few people actually use the underground way to leave spawn. Fighting against those spawncampers is extremely hard as the spawn is designed in a way that makes it spammable (windows to see the enemies coming, highgrounds to shoot down from, direct line of sight for snipers).

Using the hook you can grapple past the main gate and doge most of the spam, but also leave through the third exit below the resupply chest without having a disadvantage because you can simply grapple onto a highground. It also reduces spawncamping in general since it makes the top area easier to access and less people will be focused on sitting infront of their spawndoor.

When spies use the grappling hook you'll be able to track them easily since they either move in a straight line or keep giving away their position. The hook can also be used against spies since once you hit them with it they have no way of escaping and usually uncloaking takes too long for them to save themselves.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But Zeprus, the trade server is not meant to be played serious. It's for trading!
Ok.

I've tried to edit the poll to the best of my ability. Looks like you guys can choose both yes and no :p

I've added a closing date but I'm not sure due to OP response if this is serious? Zeprus seems to make it serious again so I'm going to take it a serious suggestion.

As my opinion on it...I'm honestly not sure myself so I'm staying out of it.

In terms of attracting and keeping players interested in a server, this would be a good idea. The main issue would be that this feature wouldn't fit with the current map at all.
The grappling hook would enable more and more engineers to reach the ledge in no-time and the amount of sentries inhabiting it would skyrocket, causing a lot of issues.
Also a lot of the places in the map are made so that it would require at least a tiny bit of effort for one to get in them, instead of just pressing one button for a free pass.

*sigh* I know the server isn't a "real" tradeserver anymore rather than a minecraft-themed DM, but grappling hook does attract alot of... well younger people, that being a good thing or not I don't really know.
TLDR; With the current map, no. With another map/another server dedicated to random "fun" stuff for f2ps to play around with, yes.

• Agree
Reactions: iceviet and Capp
qn0SiRi.png

Farsight
Capp

Only iceviet actually plays on the Trade server, has voted AND has stated why.
Pretty useless poll.

Speaking of votes, let's look at the people who voted AND actually commented (keep in mind the poll is slightly, uhh, not up to code because it's pointless);

12 votes, 6 positive, 6 negative.

I voted positive, giving a somewhat lacking answer as to why; answer I will elaborate on in this post.
I'll assume Zeprus voted positive as well, since he's the one who suggested it initially to DaRandom.

So, that's 4 out of 6 possible people who haven't even commented.

As for the negatives;

iceviet voted negative and explained why.
Redspike voted negative and gave a less than satisfactory answer. >I don't like it therefore kek

So that's 4 out of 6 possible people who haven't even commented as well.

Alperrt explained why but I can't tell if he voted positive or negative, so that's probably -1 negative or positive as well.

Now, keep in mind that people can vote twice so that probably influences the score but still.
Poll's pretty useless.

As for my reason as to why grappling hooks should be added to at least the Trade server;

1. Easier to reach rooftops.
- Most people cannot reach the rooftops through the poolboard jump and, let's face it, the rooftops unlock a whole new level for gameplay on the minecraft map.

2. Easier and faster movement around the map.
- Pretty self-explanatory.

3. Prevent spawncamping.
- Already said by Zeprus but I figured I'd comment on what alperrt said.

The grappling hook would enable more and more engineers to reach the ledge in no-time and the amount of sentries inhabiting it would skyrocket, causing a lot of issues.

You could just grapple hook to the other side of the rooftops and kill them from there with any long range class.

As for what iceviet said;

There are 20 other players on the server; I don't really think a spy kill is going to make the difference.
Not to mention that you can easily spot invisible, hell, even disguised spies with the hook. (hint, red team's hook is red, blu team's hook is blue, even when you're disguised as the other team).

i changed my vote to yes due to the commends above let see how it work out.
i would say give it a shot now

That would be a pretty idea if all of the potential 32 players were sentient, which they for reasons I won't go any deeper into, usually aren't.
The server having no team balance(which is a +), the spawncampers usually tend to gather on one team. One MLG sniper pulling a Widowmaker with the hook doesn't clean the nests..

But sure this could be tested and let the more or less likely chaos ensue, I seriously hope this would turn out be a working concept.

One MLG sniper pulling a Widowmaker with the hook doesn't clean the nests..
I can assure you this is not the case. I've played on servers allowing the hook on this exact map before and it was less troublesome to deal with sentries than it is right now. For mainly two reasons:
- You can grapple out of sentry reach fast enough for it to not kill you and take it out with a sniper, Loch-n-Load, direct hit or stickies.
- Since everyone can access the roof easily teleporters are much weaker and both teams get reinforcement equally (ignoring team inbalance here)

Also a lot of the places in the map are made so that it would require at least a tiny bit of effort for one to get in them, instead of just pressing one button for a free pass.
This is true. Sadly the hook makes the underground parcour and doomsday much, much easier. However, I do not think it's as much of an issue as it might seem to be. Those parcours are incredibly hard for unexperienced players and for experienced players they're way too easy if for example you're using the rocket- and basejumper. Adding the hook would give new players an easier time feeling rewarded by completing the parcour.

I can assure you this is not the case. I've played on servers allowing the hook on this exact map before and it was less troublesome to deal with sentries than it is right now. For mainly two reasons:
- You can grapple out of sentry reach fast enough for it to not kill you and take it out with a sniper, Loch-n-Load, direct hit or stickies.
- Since everyone can access the roof easily teleporters are much weaker and both teams get reinforcement equally (ignoring team inbalance here)
That's good to hear, seems like the hook may actually have potential to come out with more positives than negatives after all.

If the poll is useless then what should we suggest instead? Just go off your opinions because they are valid above all?

Keep in mind that your account should of only been used for your appeal and not so that you can start using forum accesses like giving suggestions and reports. At first I ignored this because you where helping and now all I see is you attempting to attack those who voted and didn't comment.

Zeprus seems to be the one who has given useful insight into why this could be a good idea without resorting to petty picking. Is it too much to ask for not to cause trouble?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread