Duplicate Trade Rule Suggestion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magglet

Donator
Good day,

So recently, I have stepped back onto the trade scene for some light fun and entertainment whilst my workload is relatively low. I came across something that rather frustrated me as a player. For some context I will explain the scenario and why I think a rule should be implemented.

So, I recently acquired two unusual taunts, with an realistic estimated value of around 10-11 keys. I join one of our lovely panda trade servers and start advertising them for sale.
A user who won't be named traded me and made an immediate offer on the two items for a mid-tier pyro unusual worth an estimated 16 keys.
Now I was considering the offer, the guy asked if I would go for my two taunts and two keys pure. Upon this offer I was keen to accept, and offered my bp link and was read to complete the trade.

A short time passed the guy returned to the trade window. Proceed to call me a sharker and claimed my willingness to accept the offer meant I was a scammer. He ended the trade.

Normally this would be the end of it I was just a bit confused why he made the offer then went so toxic but I moved on. Upon my next advetisment he joins voice and starts slandering me to the entire server, likely killing any chance of me making a trade as half the server assumes I am a scammer because a child shouts it over the mic. He completely slandered my name with no evidence and killed any chance of possible trades I had in that sessions.

The rule could look something like

"Calling a player a scammer/sharker or anything that implies this is prohibited unless evidence can be provided immediately to an admin who challenges you after you have called a user out".

Now, I am not saying we shouldn't warn players of potential scammers. But my experience of trade today was a very toxic and unfun time due to an inexperienced and emotionally driven player getting upset over something I had no control over.

The clause around presenting evidence to an admin allows players with genuine concerns the ability to voice evidence gathered to an admin. An example would be screenshots from a trade window, or pending reports of similar behaviour on trusted websites such as backpack.tf and steamrep.

Thank you for taking the time to consider the rule and have a good one.
Magglet

Reactions: fanthom
Hello Magglet

i'm going to keep this short.
I noticed some of these players around before i came admin and when got admin too, sending them a trade offer - then offering an item worth more than what the other player has - closing the trade and then belting out over mic saying they're scamming/sharking to ruin peoples trading careers, but i can agree a rule should be in place for it. because when i get told that someone is calling someone a scammer/sharker, i always ask for evidence and a lot of people forget to screenshot etc.

Reactions: fanthom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread