Declined [Trade] New Map (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inspector Lag

Yesterday I decided to take a look at the old Panda trade map while no one was on NY Trade. From what I saw, the map looked close to completion, save for some polishing here and there.

I thought that if the map could be finished, it could be a good replacement for trade_minecraft_neon and we'd have a map to call our own. I do understand that work would have to be put into the map and that the current map is "popular". However, with the trade servers (NY Trade specifically, dunno about EU Trade) getting more populated, it could be beneficial to have an original map to stand out from the crowd of trade_minecraft_neon servers (there are dozens of them, after all). There's a lot of potential considering the map is still in a late-alpha state (IIRC the map was version a7), meaning additions can be made like a heavyboxing ring or a spycrabbing room, for example.

I'm open to hearing feedback on whether or not a map change is better. I'd also be open to help contribute to the map if people think this is a good idea.

I scanned through the newest version of minecraft_neon_v192 and in my opinion it seems to be an overall improvement, fixes and adds some stuff from v182 that we have now

From my flying around the map and looking whats new, here is a list in no particular order:

Doomsday now has a "random button, which chooses from the other 4 options there, along with that, the buttons cannot be accessed unless you capture the control point for your team in the end
JqL8QQI.jpg

6GLbFzk.jpg

E92yM0f.jpg

Doomsday Parkour now has water when going through the portal, along with a sign that says which door is safe. Also the rockets can no longer be airblasted
OHAFuaC.jpg

Doomsday parkour blocks now go down when you stand on them

NeQSful.jpg

New area

1T8xjZn.jpg

Spikes in storage room area, along with a teleport out of the room which leads to the secret underground parkour

ldgeSxy.png

QAOFKXH.jpg

Underground parkour now has rockets come out of the roof instead of the wall in front, no longer teleported into maze, maze now lit up

SjQzSDp.jpg

kPcwca3.jpg

Portals have been slightly moved, one portal added, when leaving the room you teleported into, you now teleport in front of the proper portal
jYKXUdT.jpg

Of course there is probably more I missed, since I scanned this map in about 5 minutes, but these are the major/minor changes I found in the newest version. If the map is to be updated, someone will have to edit back the nobuild zones etc

All this will really add is some fresh air into the map, add some use to the nether, and like i said, an overall improvement

@Husky 's amazing debrief of the map in question.

The problem is the ledges and probably some other things that @Zeprus did on the older version on the map in order to rid of some of the rules.

@Husky 's amazing debrief of the map in question.

The problem is the ledges and probably some other things that @Zeprus did on the older version on the map in order to rid of some of the rules.
Fixing it up to match the rules and what Zeprus changed won't take long at all. I don't remember what he changed except nobuild zones on teleports, ledge and a teleport to secret admin room, but if we wanted to we could just copy paste what Zeprus did into the new update and add any finishing touches.
Along with that, I have the creator of the minecraft map added in my friends list so I can ask for the updated VMF.

Last edited:
Reactions: Madact
Along with the "panda fixes", I suggest making the spawn barrier impervious to projectiles to prevent spamming spawn with them. It would be nice to not hear people be complaining about (and making invalid reports over) spawn camping.

Along with the "panda fixes", I suggest making the spawn barrier impervious to projectiles to prevent spamming spawn with them. It would be nice to not hear people be complaining about (and making invalid reports over) spawn camping.
Ok let's make snipers be immune to any and all projectiles coming from outside of spawn..?
But seriously, just go through another exit, there's 2 you can go and use, 3 if you do the parkour.
Along with this, projectiles don't reach to where players spawn, if you decide to go to the main exit then be prepared to be hit.

Inspector came to me about a map change long before posting this and we talked a bit about what we could possibly want to see in a new map.
I am 100% open to a map change just so long as it has the basics (a.k.a: plenty of activities, balanced areas, couple of neat secrets, maybe even some nice scenery to make the map look pretty)

Would there be anybody willing to do this? Possibility to look into?
Only people I can think of is Zeprus or Husky, but I'd feel cheeky for asking.

Without the fixes, I wouldn't want to update the map as we'd end up getting more calls for things against the rules (as the old rules would have to get re-added)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread