This should probably be forbidden (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvoWarrior5

Contributor
Look at the demo and tell me that this is not exploiting. This is literally free 9000 damage each round.

Redspike thinks it is exploiting as well, but he wants people to agree before he starts taking action against people like this first. Not sure why, don't ask me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzclhxzvztndwu6/grimlocktrap.dem?dl=0

I think it is exploiting as well. It makes the Hale come into a huge disadvantage here.
We should probably edit the map, where you can't build any buildings on that spot where you get teleported, or block the entire box for buildings.

If I were an admin on Saxton hale I would count that as exploiting because building a telefrag in a place where the hale has to go to kill others seems like a big and unfair advantage towards the hale.

I was just thinking I should cut down on throwing my opinion out everywhere around here but this one directly involves me as I brought it up so eh whatever.

So you're adding Ka's 'fixed' version of the map? I told Ka in private chat that this is the first time I have ever seen somebody do this. Hardly anyone knows the trick, and an admin enforcing it is enough. If you want to be safe, add no-building zones in the spot where Hale teleports into. Removing the entire chamber is extreme. The chamber is a pretty good engie spot when used legitimately, and Snipers get a good view when they get up there. Yes, some Hales are not aware of it which might sometimes lead to time being wasted as they have no clue how to get up there, but I have never seen this be an issue at all.

In short: I personally see no need to remove the entire chamber because of this. From the way it looks, I reported an engineer who was using an unfair exploit, someone wanted to fix it by removing the chamber, and now it is immediately being pushed through without broader consideration of the playerbase. Has anyone, at all, given their opinion on this? Has anyone said that they wanted the chamber removed?

Don't get me wrong, I kind of don't really care that much, I don't really like that map anyways. I just think that you should give an adequate hearing to the playerbase, the majority of which happens to like that map, before you make such a change as to remove a section of the map that many have gotten used to.

TL;DR: ask people whether they want it removed before taking rash action.

Eh, could you edit the water again? For some reason, it's like a solid now. Walk into the water while it's rising, you're stuck and you're gonna die.
Thanks for telling me. Will do it as soon as possible.

• Agree
Reactions: Hellboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread