• Don't mind/Don't care

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • My answer is in the comments

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

Snake

1584389202084.jpeg

Guys wtf where you at?

Nah but in all seriousness, I would like to revive this server. Right now, this sounds like a farfetched idea. The server has been dead for ages, so it will probably be hard to find a new playerbase again. But it isn’t impossible. I’ve actually seen it happen once before (Though then it was the other way around. NY was revived instead EU).

Yesterday, for the first time in months, I finally played TF2 again. I decided to join my favourite gamemode: Jailbreak. I joined Panda Jailbreak EU where 6 people were playing. And even though these people didn’t really know the rules or how to play, it was still very entertaining. Eventually a regular of NY joined making the experience even better. Lastly, I joined NY which was fun as well, but unfortunately my ping was pretty high which made some JB minigames to be somewhat unfair for me. Also, everyone seemed to know each other which is totally fine with me. I usually just join in. Though I do reckon that some people would be turned off by this.

But Snake, why do you want to revive it so badly? We already have an amazing server!
To make it short, I want to start from scratch and create a new playerbase. I’m definitely NOT saying that all NY players should join EU instead. What I am saying is that perhaps, if people would like to of course, expand the Jailbreak community some more. And right now is the best time to do so! People are more interested in coming back to tf2 due to the coronavirus spreading and schools closing (Stay safe all:nekoheart:). So, let’s give them a warm welcome.

What can you do to help?
  • Create events/gatherings on the EU server.
  • NY is full? Check if people are playing on EU!
  • When it’s like 14:00-18:00 in European time (US people are probably still sleeping or going to school) so instead of EU players playing on NY, play on EU.
  • Just join EU some more in general, even if it's empty. Perhaps other people will join as well.
  • At least add EU to your favourites in the community browser to check if people are online.

Some positives and negatives regarding the revival:

+ Creates an extra playerbase
+ Lower ping for EU players
+ EU players don’t have to stay up late to play

- Will take some time and might not be successful
- Maybe EU players aren’t interested to change from NY to EU at all, which is totally understandable

Please let me know your thoughts on this topic and state your vote in the poll above.

Thanks for reading, wash your hands and stay safe!

(Current activity of JB EU)

The only good thing on EU is that it has jb_alkatraz and allows reds to double jump
Hell, !kiss and !hug commands are back and as usual @Waxel has the most hugs and kisses
I wonder why :thonk:

• Friendly
Reactions: Waxel and tres
here's my prediction: players will join the server, have fun and play some rounds. they all leave after 1 or 2 hours.

• Agree
Reactions: TWC
here's my prediction: players will join the server, have fun and play some rounds. they all leave after 1 or 2 hours.
Sounds good to me! The question is if they ever join back. Which is unlikely but not unattainable. Anyway, for the coming 3 weeks I'll definitely be trying (maybe posting gatherings). We'll see what happens I guess :).

YES PLEASE!
It has been such a long time since I last played Jailbreak and I miss all the fun a had in the past. EU Jailbreak was like THE server for me at the time but one day switched from EU Jailbreak to EU trade and noticed that it suddenly died few days or weeks after.
I can't even tell anymore when the last time was when we had a decent playerbase in EU Jailbreak. And although NY Jailbreak seems to be working fine for me, the timezone is just a nightmare for me. But I wish for it to go back and despite now actively playing Versus Saxton Hale, I would love to join the server anytime.
This will probably not happen but I atleast want to get back to the old days and experience everything again.

Yes just for the sake of nostalgia, actually I wanted to come back multiple times but just couldn't because JB EU is dead. I think a few old players could be tempted back. But yeah it seems dead =/

The update:

Alright I'm late. Like a little too late...

Due to some personal reasons I decided to take a break from gaming back in march to mid-april. This means that I stopped playing jailbreak for a month. Unfortunately, as you may have noticed, nothing really changed and jailbreak EU is still at rock bottom. However, I'm pretty proud with the progress we made during the revival! (Big thanks to everyone that joined during that time).

The progress:

In this paragraph I'll explain the progress that we made followed by a conclusion. We started of real good. (Hitting 4-8 players each day). I noticed some players coming back often which is always a good sign. Even though these players were clueless most of the time, I had a great time playing with them. Some pretty funny moments were created and frankly they learned pretty fast. We managed to reach this peak.
1589317766995.png

After this players slowly started leaving or joining other servers like NY.

The conclusion:

I'd still love to see the server coming back to life, however right now I don't really have time to be as active as I was a month ago. I think the server still has potential. It just takes a long time to find a new playerbase. The best chance of reviving the server right now, is either that old regulars return or if people just join the server here and there. The reason I made this post is because I felt like I owned you guys an update instead of just blatantly leaving. If this counts as a necropost, sorry for that. Just felt the urge to post it.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

Users who are viewing this thread