The Purpose of Admins (1 Viewer)

Doge Loaf

Although I can't at the moment, I'm thinking about applying for applying for admin on the JB server, and one of the questions I'm asking myself is "Why become an admin?" Perhaps a reason to become an admin is to fill a timeslot where existing admins are not able to get on (which is why we have late night jb) so that you can help punish troublemakers. But past the whole banning and gagging people thing, I'm wondering what other reasons somebody would want to become an admin?

Last time I thought about applying, I stopped myself because I realized I was only looking to upgrade my status on the server, and that I might not like the responsibility that comes with the position. Now I'm thinking about it again, and I suppose I'm looking for a job description.

By the way, please don't post replies as it applies to me, I need to look at myself to see if I'm ready to become an admin, but this is also for other people who might want to apply. If you are a jailbreak admin reading this, I would like to hear how your idea of the job changed before and after getting accepted.

Reactions: fanthom

Users who are viewing this thread