Accepted The phrog emoji -TRG Admin Application V4 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRGGB2

Username:
TRG/TRGGB2

Steam32ID:

STEAM_0:1:439517813

Your age:

Current playtime on relevant server(s):

31d 22:39:59h

Link to your Sourcebans record:

Bans (1)
Comms (2)

Who gave you permission to apply?:

I am older than 15 so I don't need permission but I also took the time to ask the jb team if they are ok with me reapplying and they are fine with it.

Server to are applying for:

US JB

General online times & time zone:

Eastern Daylight Time (EST)
My general online times may vary since school is starting up soon but I will inform the jb team of my general online times.

Do you have a working microphone?:

Yes. I do have a working microphone.

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator:

I don't have any previous experience as a moderator nor admin.

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?:

What makes me a suitable candidate is mostly me helping out the server by doing reports and mostly having a fun time. I give plenty of warnings before proceeding with a report and this is part shows that I'm really dedicated to that server. Some may bring up my strictness back then. This is a bad sign of my app but I want to let you know that I now chill downed. Another aspect that proves I want this position is I ask the JB team feedback beforehand. The jb team should be aware of this as I alerted most of the jb team about this. This shows that I am dedicated and I have improved over the past couple of months. Of course if there is any further feedback I would happily improve.

My punishment list follows my previous app but adjusted in favor of warnings. I am aware that csay exist but I want an extra warning before giving out punishments.

GUARDBANS (4 till Perm)
--> Warn 1/2
--> 3 hour
--> 6 Hour
--> 12 hour
--> 1 Day
--> Permanent

COMMUNICATION PUNISHMENTS (6th till perm)
--> Warn 1/2
--> 6 Hours
--> 12 Hours
--> 3 Days
--> 1 Week
--> 1 Month
--> Permanent

BANS (6 till Perm)

--> Warn 1/2
--> 6 Hours
--> 12 Hours
--> 3 Days
--> 1 Week
--> 1 Month
--> Permanent
Cheaters will be perm'd and the demo will be sent to any full or my mentor
Sprayban's will require 2 warnings before issuing a permanent spray ban.

Calling the investigation team:
@Madact
@Gold
@Semicolon Backslash
@Asper
@Bambi
@Kazzy
@Random Coffee Table

G'day and you can thank me later gold.

Hey TRG, glad that you applied (fourth times the charm?) and are keeping at it.

I don't think it was actually necessary to let the JB team individually know that you were applying and that you wanted feedback. I don't think it shows your dedication nearly as well as this being your 4th app in two years and that each time you came back improved and a better applicant than you did last time along with a regular stream of reports to improve the server. You've matured well and I've seen a lot of growth over these past few months. It's been encouraging to see in a potential applicant as it shows a willingness to improve and that is really the most important about being an admin. Coming in with a strong understanding of the rules and doing your best to enforce them. We have the trial period for these mistakes to happen and fulls to help us along the way, even if we've been a trial for almost a year but still silence the whole server like an idiot and beg your mentor to help while feeling like an idiot the whole time (can't think of who would do that).

As far as your strictness goes, it's definetly toned down and you've certainly mellowed out a bit. You're not the same person who threatens stricter reports when people made fun of you for being strict and while others complain that you still are, I'd mostly disagree. You still have your moments (so do I lol) and I think that is still something to work on as you're going through the application process, but the overall adjustment is a positive change.

Going along with that, I don't think your age has the same impact that it did for your last one. You've shown that you have become more confident in yourself and your decisions. I don't think that you will be bullied around and forced into things that you wouldn't normally do. Overall, you're a better applicant this time around than you were last time and I thought you were good last time around.

+1

RCT basically said all I wanted to say. Definitely a lot less stricter and after talking with you I definitely feel you would be a great admin! Good luck!
+1

• Friendly
Reactions: TRGGB2
Hello Trg

I don't really have much more to say past of what Coffee Table has said, you have gotten more mature and less strict since the last time you applied which I believe is a good thing. Your chat logs are good and you are giving warnings to people that are breaking the rules. Overall I do not see an issue with how you are on and off the server. Best of luck!

+1

• Friendly
Everything I said in your previous app still applies here. Though you have toned down the strictness you were at the time of the third application. I don't think the previous issue about how you would be stomped around and not be taken seriously would occur anymore.

+1

• Friendly
Huge improvement over last time I must say, while I disagree with gold a little bit on the getting walked over thing, I think that won't be a problem for too long, overall I think you'll do fine I really don't have anything against you.

+1

I also took the time to ask the jb team if they are ok with me reapplying and they are fine with it.
wahtke.PNG
While it is nice you reached out to each of the jb admins (all be it with the same generic copy paste questions) please don't give everyone the idea I personally gave you a thumbs up. I'm currently on a small trip, I didn't have time to properly respond but not long after you created this application anyways. Since were already at this point, I'll just give you my personal impression here which is vastly different from what's been said.

Being brutally honest as this is now you're 4th attempt, I don't think you're a good addition for us at the moment.

You have a history as previously stated of being "strict" which I think is a bit of an understatement as lots of your reports (although mostly accepted) could of been avoided entirely if you were capable of giving better warnings instead of the generic "don't do this." While it definitely hasn't been as bad lately, I still think it's an issue for you as I continue to see these same "<class/steamname> <don't> <rulebroken>." In some cases I'm sure people should just get the idea, but in others like for example when people bait you have to explain to these people baiting on our server is guardbannable and not make it seem like it's something only you have a problem with.

forum.PNG
deadtalk.PNG
bait.PNG
caps.PNG
toxic.PNG
spam.PNG
You are an applicant, not an admin. People are not going to look at these type of warnings and take you seriously, you will continue to get walked over as I've seen lately. It has nothing to do with age and everything to do with how you act. If you want some good examples for warnings how about these.
"Talking while dead can lead to a mute"
"Baiting is a guardbannable offense on this server"
"Overusing capslock will lead to a gag"
"Refrain from insulting others on this server as its forbidden"
"Spamming on this server isn't tolerated"
See how much better those are? Now granted, it's much better being able to @/admin: (Don't spam) vs TRGBB2: (Don't spam) but that's how it's currently gonna be for you.

I hope you found this feedback helpful. For now though, it's gonna be -1 from me. I don't think you're someone we should take on as I have serious concerns you'll end up being a bigger problem then anything else.

See you around.

Hey bambi, Thank you for replying. I will use your feedback as much as possible and I hope you consider changing your vote.
As of right now I'm currently on a trip so I cannot show my changes now but I hope you can see my changes.
You have a history as previously stated of being "strict" which I think is a bit of an understatement as lots of your reports (although mostly accepted) could of been avoided entirely if you were capable of giving better warnings instead of the generic "don't do this." While it definitely hasn't been as bad lately, I still think it's an issue for you as I continue to see these same "<class/steamname> <don't> <rulebroken>." In some cases I'm sure people should just get the idea, but in others like for example when people bait you have to explain to these people baiting on our server is guardbannable and not make it seem like it's something only you have a problem with.
You are an applicant, not an admin. People are not going to look at these type of warnings and take you seriously, you will continue to get walked over as I've seen lately. It has nothing to do with age and everything to do with how you act. If you want some good examples for warnings how about these.
2 of the quoted messages are based off warnings and you clearly showed how my warnings are terrible and they could just be easily walked over. I will take your examples and apply them to my daily sessions. I will promise I will make these changes.

Of course if you have any further feedback, I promise I will make changes.

See you around as well.

So I had a comment saved for this thread but looks like it's timed out from being saved. Apologies if this is a bit scuffed.

I don't have much to bring to the table to feedback for trgg as our timezones are not lined up, so I have not been able to see him at all. Plus I've assigned myself off the team to make room for more active staff.
What I will say though is that, due to you making your application, I have seen the complaints about your warnings again. This was after bambi's feedback, suggesting something was happening on the server that the regulars felt you where too strict about. Since I don't know the details I won't hold this against you as I don't know if the reasoning is fair. I don't know if they're complaining because another regular is warning for things that have gone too far or if it's a regular warning over the tiniest of rule break.
I want you to enjoy yourself while playing jailbreak as if you do admin for it and you end up hating it you'll take it out either to players, the staff team or generally just your life. Being strict will suck the life out of you. From what I remember of you though you do enjoy it and that's what matters.

What I do like is that you do take the feedback and improve from it. So long as you continue to take advice onboard we'll see only improvements from you.

Quick glance; Good application, shame about your history of punishments and admin applications, good sessions but could be better.

And with that time to put this under review.
Any questions or inactivity during under review please let me know. Good luck ::):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread