Pending The attempt to revive the L4D2 US Server (1 Viewer)

Want the following changes to be added?

• (Optional) I propose another suggestion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRGGB2

1624457526154.png

The Left 4 Dead 2 panda server was created from a request from Bambi based on the information I was told. However it was only played once and that's really it. However I can see a potential of the Left 4 dead 2 being revived again. Although this won't be the highest priority for Kevin, I still want to list this on the suggestion list.

Now lets ask the question why is it dead in the first place?
Well the first it has no custom campaigns so you are left with the value campaigns. Plus if there are no custom campaigns why 4 player slots? You can just make a lobby with 4 players and get the exact same result of the L4D2 server. Plus in order for you to get into the server you either have to use the join button on HLstats / Sourcebans or to use console and type "openserverbrowser" / "Connect IP". Just ain't worth playing to begin with.

So I want to suggest the following changes.

-Increase the player slots to either 20/25.

Several other servers are doing this and they actually grown quite popular because of this. Here have a look at this screenshot I taken from game tracker.
1624457956135.png

I was about to propose adding custom campaigns to the server although the issue is that they have to download the campaign in order to get onto the server which could just lead to another dead server.

The poll will not close in a certain date. Feel free to leave any feedback.

I get what you mean Bambi. 20 people in a L4D2 server doesn't have the same feeling as with 4 people. We can certainly change the player slots to something lower then 20. However, during my experience with the 20/25 player L4D2 server I feel like its an alternative. The campaigns felt easy but most server owners counter this by doubling the infected spawn rate or increasing the health of special infected (although I prefer the spawn rate). Plus most people set the difficulty to expert because its 20 players and they can handle it. It was actually fun and it was chaotic. If we just stick to the regular L4D2 formula then we should have something that keeps the interest of players joining in (Plugins, etc). I mean, why would you want to join the server if you can achieve the same thing by making a lobby.

TL;DR - I want the L4D2 server to me more interesting rather than just being the standard L4D2 formula

Reactions: Kevin
View attachment 17677
The Left 4 Dead 2 panda server was created from a request from Bambi based on the information I was told. However it was only played once and that's really it. However I can see a potential of the Left 4 dead 2 being revived again. Although this won't be the highest priority for Kevin, I still want to list this on the suggestion list.

Now lets ask the question why is it dead in the first place?
Well the first it has no custom campaigns so you are left with the value campaigns. Plus if there are no custom campaigns why 4 player slots? You can just make a lobby with 4 players and get the exact same result of the L4D2 server. Plus in order for you to get into the server you either have to use the join button on HLstats / Sourcebans or to use console and type "openserverbrowser" / "Connect IP". Just ain't worth playing to begin with.

So I want to suggest the following changes.

-Increase the player slots to either 20/25.

Several other servers are doing this and they actually grown quite popular because of this. Here have a look at this screenshot I taken from game tracker.
View attachment 17678

I was about to propose adding custom campaigns to the server although the issue is that they have to download the campaign in order to get onto the server which could just lead to another dead server.

The poll will not close in a certain date. Feel free to leave any feedback.
sure if there's interest we can try it, nothing against it.
increasing slots and tweaking a few cvars isnt something that takes alot of research.

• Happy
Reactions: Mark! and TRGGB2
1626097238111.png

Seems mostly everyone is in agreement
Kevin whenever you are ready mate.

Man I wish I saw this before, you would have received a yes from me!
In all honesty though, L4D2 is a ton a fun with more players, I would be 100% down to play it

There would be certain rules for that server,right?

Since l4d2 teamdamage depends on the difficulty,so there could be problems with team killers

and also what about the EU server,how is it looking there

There would be certain rules for that server,right?

Since l4d2 teamdamage depends on the difficulty,so there could be problems with team killers
Could probably make something that reflects the team damage back at you, or if people see it happening they will just kill the person doing the team damage

Reactions: Nowtoad
sorry if you get a notification due to this,

I wanted to ask if anyone knows of any kind of progression of the server and if there is one

increase player slots to what?
20? 24?

24 most likely,incase there is a large group of people who want to play it,but idk

24 should be enough.
Could probably make something that reflects the team damage back at you, or if people see it happening they will just kill the person doing the team damage
Only 2 possible solutions
-The one you mentioned. (Reflecting tk damage)
-The TK rate system. (If you do a certain amount of tk damage that will add tk points and if you go past that you will be kicked from the server for doing too much tk damage. You can reduce this my healing teamates, Reviving Teamates, Etc)

For now if the server gets popular then we could add this but until then I want to see results.

-Only the 4th person that joins the server will show up on the players hud or random. So this in tern you will get 5 people on your hud and this is including yourself.
-Scoreboard will set to random players or break leaving you with a black screen.
-Voice chat will only be visible to either seeing the player or seeing the only 4 people displayed on your hud.

There is another problem with both options tho,there is a 100% chance that people will abuse this,for example jumping infront of someone and taking all the hits

increase player slots to what?
20? 24?
Id say go something smaller like 16 for now and see how it goes
There is another problem with both options tho,there is a 100% chance that people will abuse this,for example jumping infront of someone and taking all the hits
well administrator will have to be added as well if possible, but I'm sure that there is a way to make a system that can't be abused to a horrible extent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread