tfdb_toolsheds (1 Viewer)

sevin

I don't really know of a better place to post this, but I have recently hit b2 of my dodgeball map and I'd like to submit it to you guys to play. It is a standard size map set on a pair of clifftops, with an additional pair in between them off to the side for jumpers to try and reach for a height advantage. I hope you all will like it.

Here's what's new for b2:

revisions and repairs

- lengthened playable area by ~1024hu
- fixed some overlays not showing
- removed respawn room logic
- added kill trigger
- updated observer points
- added soundscapes
- added map info dialog and menu photos​

detailing

- new cloudtop setting
- bigger dustmote volumes​

tf2maps download

20171001221550_1-jpg.64432

Forgot to compile with the correct arena logic. Oh well, have a version change.

b3
revisions and repairs

- fixed missing arena logic
- fixed some overlays not showing for real

tf2maps download

Got a playtest in today and made some changes.

b4
revisions and repairs

- moved secondary cliffs and added connecting path to corresponding main cliff

detailing

- converted to nighttime for better rocket visibility
tf2maps download

59d6ef1948ca8.jpg

looks great, sadly it's not usable in our case due to players downspiking and abusing the map.

• Informative
Reactions: Wolfgang
Like Lighty said, this map would be abused, which goes against our policies... *ARHRMMM* tfdb_bitch_ass.
It looks very pretty, and we totally need more DB maps. If you're willing to continue with your talents, I'd suggest an indoor map. Or a map that doesn't have cliffs or walls accessible by the rocket.

There is no downspike abusing anymore ...so someone should take second look at your map.

There is no downspike abusing anymore ...so someone should take second look at your map.

What do you mean? People just stopped abusing the downspike? What other feedback can you give me for future versions? I thought the general consensus was that it was a bad map.

Essentially most of the maps have been edited to block rockets from going anywhere that they can snag. If you can add a similar barrier that prevents downspike abuse, it would be a wonderful addition.

Essentially most of the maps have been edited to block rockets from going anywhere that they can snag. If you can add a similar barrier that prevents downspike abuse, it would be a wonderful addition.

So what entities have been added to stop the rockets? And where are they snagging?

So what entities have been added to stop the rockets? And where are they snagging?
they glitch on anything that's not perfectly round, any edge glitches it. having giant cliffs isn't ideal since people can abuse that which IMO is not great at all.

they glitch on anything that's not perfectly round, any edge glitches it. having giant cliffs isn't ideal since people can abuse that which IMO is not great at all.

So how exactly are people updating their maps? Am I just supposed to remove the undulations from the cliff ground or are there some entities people are adding to block the rocket?

either by making the ground completely flat, adding a few bulletblock's, adding an unsupported thing that allows the player through it but not the rocket, completely redesigning the map and making any entities or objects that glitch the rocket a func_brush to make them non-solid and maybe adding playerclip to only make it solid to players but not the rockets

Users who are viewing this thread