Tf_weapon_criticals 1. Or, Random crits. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Bro

So one major annoyance i have is actually winning a arena or cellwars. As spy or any other <200 hp class. Not getting hit. then BAM RANDOM CRIT YOUR DEAD LOL. Survival should not rely on having a diceroll decide you randomly do x3 damage with a melee. If i get hit its my fault. Dieing because i didnt choose soldier or heavy isn't. Its the reason most alot of heavys choose arena, Because they have the 1 hit death on there side and can tank one themselves. Random death also happens to guards as a powerjack pyro can just roll lucky and 1 hit ko a guard like some kind of falcon punch. Kthxbai

-Sini

Just wat

There's a thread for that...I just literally bumped it...

How about guards get minicrits. Prisoner gets nothing and -No- Random crits. Strength in numbers is a thing >.>

It's only fair that if a whole team loses crits, that the opposing team loses them aswell.

You either make a constructive suggestion before posting or think through of something that's in favour of the general playerbase.

It's only fair that if a whole team loses crits, that the opposing team loses them aswell.

You either make a constructive suggestion before posting or think through of something that's in favour of the general playerbase.

Its only fair that if a team can have 9 players on a given moment. That other team (Guards) Can also have 9 players on the same moment.

Its just about that fact that luck should NOT play a factor in combat. Not at all. Its dumb that a guard can die in a single hit because a sniper rolled a lucky dice. Guards have the crit buff to battle against fewer men and reaction time. Disable crits for guards. Who will play Spy,Engi and the lower range and speed classes? No one. Why? Because people move away from the 10m effective range of a shotgun/pistol. Wanna chase them? Good luck. You now lost a guard because he has to search. Rebeling will just be made too easy except if you have crowd control. Aka force someone to get demo/soldier/scout. Creativity in tactics will fail. I see why you might not like the idea of full crits. But the extreme (and rather dumb) statement of: If i don't have it, no one can. Is flawed. I suggest minicrits. Guards still have upper hand and can defend themselves but have the falloff and not a big buff. Still bad. Because equality. >.> But no, RANDOM crits are "good". Why not just give prisoners full time crits. I mean its "Fair" as both teams have them.

If you're that stupid enough to stand close to a RED and get killed by a crit, you deserve it.

Keep your distance and you wont get killed - BLUs start with ammo, if that's not a big advantage to you already, just quit Jailbreak.

BLUs are not supposed to be inept at being guards, they should atleast be average at the game to understand the basics of combat.

If you want to make it completely fair, give both teams fulltime crits and guns at spawn, but at that point, we'd rename it into TDM, mhm?

• Agree
Reactions: Da Random
If you're that stupid enough to stand close to a RED and get killed by a crit, you deserve it.

Keep your distance and you wont get killed - BLUs start with ammo, if that's not a big advantage to you already, just quit Jailbreak.

BLUs are not supposed to be inept at being guards, they should atleast be average at the game to understand the basics of combat.

If you want to make it completely fair, give both teams fulltime crits and guns at spawn, but at that point, we'd rename it into TDM, mhm?

Keep your distance!, Also make your guns into pewshooters because now you are forced to use ranged weaponry as you need to be in distance.
BLUs should be good at the game yes.
You started the whole fair argument, not me. I only said it is dumb to rely on luck and to force luck based gameplay in a game, how about in GTA 5, If you get shot once. They hit a artery or something and you are instantly dead with a 10% chance. In Civ 5. If attacking a city. There is a chance people help you and you isntantly lose a city. Natural disaster, you now lost a city and all its food. Sounds fun eh? Payday: 15% that on assault the whole heist is instantly lost because they just got bain and you cant continue. Want some more RNG?

Don't get me started on RNG, I've been playing WoW for enough years to learn what RNG is.

BLUs should be good at the game and pay attention ( specifically talking about you when you just let me kill you), REDs should be watched over - these 2 things aren't hard, but apparently it's TOOO hard to stay out of melee range, amirite?

Reactions: Supreme
Atm we are discussing standard tactics. I still havent heard a actual opinion about if luck based gameplay is actually a good thing, If a factor decides you die, yes or no. Hell. The moment valve removed random crits as default (Which they don't as they need it for new people to few good at getting some kills in valve servers) i bet if this server changed nearly nobody would complain except people who needs luck to get a kill.

Atm we are discussing standard tactics. I still havent heard a actual opinion about if luck based gameplay is actually a good thing, If a factor decides you die, yes or no. Hell. The moment valve removed random crits as default (Which they don't as they need it for new people to few good at getting some kills in valve servers) i bet if this server changed nearly nobody would complain except people who needs luck to get a kill.
Luck based gameplay isn't a good thing, but neither is the Jailbreak gamemode (ooo, shots fired.) I don't see the problem with them being in, cell wars doesn't occur too often enough for it to be a major problem. Though you make some good points, I can't see random crits being removed. Plus, those who aren't good at the game and need the crits to win are given a chance to play and so it's nice to let them play from time to time.

Edit:

I fully agree with this, if you can't control a group of melee only REDs when you have both ammo AND constant crits then you're doing something wrong.

• Winner
Reactions: Da Random
Mermite said enough, There is no point in arguing further. If you really want a TDM "Jailbreak" server, don't play in our community.

Locking because of pointless arguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread