TF2 Blog Team Fortress 2 Update Released (1 Viewer)

PandaBot

PandaBot
PandaBot
An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
  • Added the Summer 2021 Cosmetic Case
    • Contains 18 new community-contributed items
    • Adds 6 new community-created Unusual effects
  • Numerous security and stability improvements
  • Added a cooldown before a player can create a vote when they join a match already in-progress
    • sv_vote_late_join_time controls the grace period after the match starts before the cooldown is applied: default 90 secs
    • sv_vote_late_join_cooldown controls the length of the cooldown: default 5 min
  • Kick votes will end early and automatically pass if the vote target leaves the match during the vote
  • Added a ConVar to control players changing their name during a match
    • tf_allow_player_name_change: default is 1
    • Matchmaking servers will set this to 0
  • Updated the player list in the vote-kick dialog to show the time each player has been connected to the server
  • Removed the disconnect reason from the message when players leave the server
  • Updated the Mann vs. Machine "inspect" command to only work for players in your party or in your Friends list
  • Moved materials for the community particle effects into the Effects/workshop sub-folder to distinguish them from Valve materials
  • Updated/Added some tournament medals
  • Updated the localization files
  • Updated cp_snakewater_final1
    • Fixed clipping throughout map
    • Fixed explosion splash being caught by objects throughout map
    • Made movement smoother throughout map
    • Reworked some problematic areas like the kitchen
    • Minor visual enhancements throughout the map
  • Updated cp_process
    • Fixed incorrect skin for the Red radio tower

Continue reading...

can't wait to get my backpack dumped with the new cases

woah shit new tf2 update?

I'll put this here right now

Metroid Prime 4 will be out before the Heavy update
Mark my words

• Agree
Reactions: Mark!

That's actually good news for the casual/competitive matchmaking

The pros for Casual/Competitive is to not get kicked instantly by bots because of the cooldown effect they added into the votes, same goes to bots not rejoining the same match after being kicked.

When it comes with community servers for staff..

We can also ban & punish people much easier without worrying much to check on IDs, everytime because of automatic name change plugins, since that was also pretty much fixed to not being able to constantly change the name, except by leaving and joining the game.

But what pretty much still gives us a big question mark...

I'm most likely curious what they mean with "Numerous security and stability improvements", because it pretty much sounds too general to really understand what they mean with it..

no barely anything promised doesnt work i can still kick people as soon i join

Users who are viewing this thread