Declined [JB] Add afk manager and illegal forcewarden protection (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRGGB2

I've got this all down and I think we can say we can agree with the following.
A Possible Way to prevent illegal force warden.
As you could guess this is a contribute to @Justin | XplosiveAction thread right here. I found some interest in this thread and its been well over 2 years by now. Why don't we have a look into it?
AFK Manager on BLU
This is one of my suggestions but having an AFK manager on BLU would make a great addition. Similar to VSH there is a AFK manager to prevent AFK hale. In jailbreak, at least we can attempt to save the round on most maps. We can switch them off to red. Maps have around a 60 second period until cells automatically open.

Pros on the illegal force warden:
-Can possibly end the countless players forcing warden when warden dies when cells automatically open.
-Nothing else to say about it

Cons on the illegal force warden:
-Nothing much really.

Pros on the AFK manager:
-Could possibly save round without having admins staggering teamswitches and guardbans.
Cons on the AFK manager:
-Some maps have a certain automatic cell opening. A good example would be jb_8bit which have a 40 second automatic cell opening.
-If a player is trying to fix a certain problem that is interfering with the game then the AFK manager will make them hassle to be quick.

-Donor perks are immune to this ability.

Have any opinions on this? Love to hear it.
Poll ends in 7 days

I'm just going to pop this here because it's reminded me of an old suggestion on AFK manager on blue only;

This is really old, I'm talking around when luigi would put things up without thinking.

I'm not exactly opposing any of these ideas, I'm here to set us back down to earth. Who will do this for us? Is there an AFK maanger that only does a particular team colour (blue)?
Someone who can do a 1 minute cooldown to 'forcewarden', or something that all ready exists.
I'd love to get some actual ...maybe commands? plugins? Anything they can or know of from other servers that currently have any of the mentioned.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: TRGGB2 and ZeroPC
Didnt see this until now.

Very simply put, if the AFK manager can switch AFKs from blue to red in 30 seconds, for MOST maps that would be great, as blues can force warden before cells open and it would not be illegal at all.
Additionally, if a warden is AFK while the round is active (lets say they got called by their parents or something so they had to leave but forgot to disconnect. And perhaps the reds are in a game thats active), allowing in that situation for a blue to force warden before warden becomes locked would also help.

The only problem is a situation in which the warden gets teamswitched mid round, and the reds are not in a game trapped or are finishing a game like obby. The question arises of "what should all reds who are not rebelling do when this happens, while waiting for someone to maybe force warden?"
I only suggest that EITHER the plugin works for the first minute of the round, OR that perhaps the warden-lock can be smaller so that reds are not waiting for 20 seconds to see "should I try to run away or should I stay with the non rebelling reds"

If this plugin can be added, there would have to be a discussion about adding a rule to the jb rules saying "if the warden is teamswitched mid round, reds are allowed to run away without being killed, and if a blue force wardens in time, they can allow all reds to come back and be pardoned. This way, any red who doesn't can try to rebel, while the new warden attempts to save the round. Reds who do not come back would of course be KOS."

I think this would offer a solution to AFKs on blue, and at the same time NOT cause a situation where blues can keep force wardening and therefore keeping crits on the blues. If a warden is KILLED the round would still become a freeday for all.

I hope anything that I said has some value.

• Agree
Reactions: TRGGB2
I believe I've got something off from @White Falcon about the illegal force warden. Needs testing out.

As for the AFK manager, I haven't received anything on that. Anyone want to hit me up with something? I don't think it can be the same as the ones we use on the other servers, though I'm not 100% sure.

Well silence is reassuring.

We'll at least test out what White falcon has given, not exactly sure where it needs to go but if given to Kevin maybe he can make heads or tails.

Task
#162 Test out illegal force warden by Whitefalcon

I'll leave out AFK manager, I don't believe kevin would want to start with that drama all over again.

• Agree
Reactions: TRGGB2
Due to the sheer age of this suggestion I will be redoing the poll to gage if the modern jb community still has an interest in seeing these changes implemented.

caedb4ab6740d1f004d383eecf24ad50.png

edit: I will also say due to our new rules surrounding force wardens the illegal force warden protection would now amount to just shortening the period in which you can force warden after warden's death

Last edited:
Man I forgot about this.

I want to directly point this out
Pros on the illegal force warden:
-Can possibly end the countless players forcing warden when warden dies when cells automatically open.
-Nothing else to say about it

Cons on the illegal force warden:
-Nothing much really.
I actually think that this could actually be bad in most circumstances. Since modern jb is now mostly about "Whoops! You made a mistake by accidentally killing a warden on HG. Well the jb playerbase is smart enough to rewarden" and pretty much any other circumstances where there could be mistakes that could lead to the death of a warden. I don't think a plugin for this is possible because code cannot track if there is a funny mistake or not (Unless you can set if the warden is killed by a blue then sure but even then, an admin would be best suited for this). This is actually the first I stand against my own suggestion lol.

AFK manager is fine. I think we could expand it to all teams and not just for blues. I think at least 15-20 minutes (If the plugin allows it) would be good if possible so that we don't get that one funny guy that ask an admin to kick a AFK on jb for 5 hours. If not then problems may arise when one is AFK on a order by a warden and then the kicker comes in.

6fbff69210abf5db140e6e678fe5f8b5.png

Declined due to lack of support/interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread