Suggestion: Spawncamping Rules (1 Viewer)

Fiescha

Hi guys,

we should add a spawnkilling and spawncamping is forbidden rule. I can´t see we added one into the rulebook. At the screenshot you can see a red line, all behind it should be the spawn area. It should be easier to punish someone, because we know then there´s a invisible line. It´s allowed to kill someone behind the line if the 4th. capture point was captured. If only the 3th. capture point is captured, then it isn´t allowed to walk behind this line and kill enemies. It´s kinda depressing to say teammates and enemies they shouldn´t go to the spawn and kill guys, if they dont care about the capture flag. Spawnkilling is always forbidden. Hope you guys can work that out with me, that we have a direct rule about it soon.

2016-02-17_00004.jpg 2016-02-17_00004.jpg

nevermind. you´re standing directly to the spawn, a sniper or a spy(like you, with the amby) can easily headshot a guy and he´s dead in 2 seconds. that´s not a great idea. sry doc

What you are saying here kind of falls under the rule ;

3c) General disruptive behaviour
This includes a number of things, such as: prolonging rounds without due cause; teaming with a player on the opposing team; excessive spawn killing; blocking people’s sight or otherwise grievous acts.

Unless what you're asking is to add a specific rule about it under WarSource. They can only go past the point when they are capturing that control point. If they go past that line or the one Doc Piss mentioned then it'll be classed as spawncamping / spawnkilling.

But tbh...The report you gave us last time with that scout being in that area and shooting people who just came out of spawn was clearly it. I'm not sure why it needs to be underlined when it's slightly obvious if you know what I mean?

Yeah sure, i really understand you. But i meant, we should this "line" that we have for the future a clear decision. Maybe there will come a conflict with camping. At which point it's camping? Doc was sometimes behind the wall with !tp and trickstabbed everyone. Is this fair? That's for me spawncamping...

Yeah i know we have 3c. But that isn't a cleary rule for war3. I guess we need a specific one

Yeah sure, i really understand you. But i meant, we should this "line" that we have for the future a clear decision. Maybe there will come a conflict with camping. At which point it's camping? Doc was sometimes behind the wall with !tp and trickstabbed everyone. Is this fair? That's for me spawncamping...

Yeah i know we have 3c. But that isn't a cleary rule for war3. I guess we need a specific one
It's a rule that applies to every server. While there are no clear definitions of how close to the spawn spawncamping is, there aren't any special rules either. I can copy the Mario Kart spawncamping rules and edit them so they fit War3Source if it makes you feel better. But generally it should be easy to decide whether someone is spawncamping or not.

• Useful
Reactions: Madact
Thanks for your help. But i don't like the mk rule. Very weird i think. So if you're captured only the third point, and focusing every guy who leaves spawn and killing him, isn't spawncamping? Focusing snipers at the spawnarea with eyelander for example, killing 2 guys and leaving spawn area, is spawncamping for me( not the best description, but you get what i mean?)

I want a direct rule for it, that you can tell them it isn't specific allowed. We havn't so many spawn areas where you camp spawn like at war3

Thanks for your help. But i don't like the mk rule. Very weird i think. So if you're captured only the third point, and focusing every guy who leaves spawn and killing him, isn't spawncamping? Focusing snipers at the spawnarea with eyelander for example, killing 2 guys and leaving spawn area, is spawncamping for me( not the best description, but you get what i mean?)

I want a direct rule for it, that you can tell them it isn't specific allowed. We havn't so many spawn areas where you camp spawn like at war3
Wich is why I said I would make it fit War3. Something like "Unless the 3rd control point is captured staying near the enemy spawn longer than necessary or continiously infiltrating the enemy spawnarea is against the rules." If you have anything to add feel free to post it here.

Reactions: Madact
Okey, sound's interesting, you can add it. I hope more admin's will take care of the incoming calls for war3. Now they can't say i don't know how to punish there. Tbh Zeprus and Madact isn't enought to come here.

In my opinion it should be like this (red line) http://prntscr.com/a4xluu (Doc Piss)
Unless the 3rd control point is captured staying near the enemy spawn longer than necessary or continiously infiltrating the enemy spawnarea is against the rules. (Zeprus)

I agree with these 2 terms, however with the current state of the suggestion I'd say that you'll ruin the server. Why? In my experience, cp_orange was never really an objective map on any server. With the current state of the server(Rarely 15+ players)it never will.
Small,medium range classes won't be able to kill any long range classes(Snipers, spies etc) without entering the spawn area (Server will be pretty much limited to support class, rendering 7 other classes useless)
Sure this may reduce the ragequit amount, newbies will want to play again which will increase the active player amount over time, but the fast-paced playstyle that most of the people loved here will be gone.
The suggestion is purely about fixing the excessive spawnkilling, but the spawncamping problem that will appear wasn't even mentioned yet, so make your own decisions from here.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc Piss

Users who are viewing this thread