Declined Suggestion for no lenny face rule for dodgeball servers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomaxx

Hi everyone
We can agree most dodgeball admins hate lenny face. This is why I make this suggestion. I think lenny face is just the mark of egoism, this is why I don't like it and I think it doesn't have a place on dodgeball servers. I suggest putting a no lenny face rule next no spamming rule.
Thank you, have a good day.

Lenny faces is nothing but more than spam. They don't mean anything but "I AM SPAMMING"... And when they're used, they're overused... I don't think it really needed. IMO

• Agree
Reactions: Onelight and Bugs
I strongly disagree, the lenny face itself is neither an insult nor anything worth banning. If it's used to spam, disrespect or simply overused they are breaking different rules and you can easily gag them.

d) Chat spamming
Flooding the chat with the same message or with useless, unintelligible content that disrupt communication or are deemed otherwise irritating is forbidden. Additionally, refrain from typing in caps.

a) Offensive language
You may not use any offensive language, which includes insults; excessive raging; disrespecting admins or other players or provoking them; or any kind of discrimination. Racism is strictly forbidden.

Continuous messages only containing Lennies = Spam
Lenny used in a provoking context = Offensive language
Lenny after a neutral message such as "How are you? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)" = ???

Just for a personal dislike of the smiley, and by the way I despise it as well, I don't think it's right to make it illegal as it's entirely subjective.

Lenny face is just used by spam. And if you still disagree, give us an example of a good use for lenny.

Again. Lenny is nothing but spam.

• Agree
Reactions: Onelight
It is literally just a smiley, it's the same as banning xD or :p because they are getting used together with negative messages. A good use for lenny is everything that isn't meant to cause harm.

• Agree
Yeah i agree with @Zeprus if used as spam then fine but if people just do it random because they think its cool and are in 2010. No worries

• Agree
if it gets spammed then u can gag the person, no need to make a separate rule just for one "emoticon".

• Agree
Looking at @Zeprus example
"How are you? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)" = ???

That question would look way better without that (definitely pointless) lenny in it.
As Nitro said, lennys are nothing, they are used mostly for spam and/or to annoy everybody else, and in my opinion, if someone doesn't have nothing interesting to say, he should stay quiet instead of putting pointless texts.. putting a normal smile like " :) " or something like that while chatting with someone it's ok, but a lenny is nothing. (That's only my opinion)

• Agree
That question would look way better without that (definitely pointless) lenny in it.
(That's only my opinion)
That is exactly the point, it looks better to you. This is an entirely subjective debate, there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the Lenny face. In my example it was neither spam nor offensive. If the person that writes those messages thinks they look better with a lenny, why would it not be okay for them to put it there? Banning lennies as a whole is completely unreasonable.

• Agree
As much as you hate it, you can't really say 'completely and absolutely disallow any usage of this'. As these guys said, it is nothing more than spam. I see it as spam or a really stupid way to (or at least attempt to) make yourself look cool.

If you want, be more strict towards lenny face users. There's no point in removing such an essential part of our chat logs and the source of the majority of gags ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Agree
I do get why. I mean, it's pretty annoying and especially if you suck at the game :kappa:
All jokes aside, I do like lenny but only used in chat context rather than what is going on in the game.
It's just I don't particular want to go too strict with it.

• Agree
I personally do not mind Lenny faces if they are used in context. The only problem with Lenny faces are that people spam them, which can be annoying for many players. Though if they do spam them, they should get gagged. I don't think there should a separate rule for just Lenny. Lenny faces are only bad if overused and spammed, but Lenny faces should not be banned altogether.

With that being said I do not believe that Lenny faces should be banned.

• Agree
I only saw using a lenny face in a normal context maybe once or twice. People usually just use it to humiliate the person they killed, like:"rekt ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )", or just to spam. If most people disagree banning lenny face, okay, I just tried to make a suggestion to reduce the spam.

• Agree
I only saw using a lenny face in a normal context maybe once or twice. People usually just use it to humiliate the person they killed, like:"rekt ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )", or just to spam. If most people disagree banning lenny face, okay, I just tried to make a suggestion to reduce the spam.
Just think about it, how many ungag appeals would you see if you put the 'no lenny face allowed rule'? You'd be seeing gags left right and center and they would have a perfectly good excuse for getting ungagged: "I literally just used one lenny face and I was gagged for 12 hours, like explain this to me."

Using one lenny face is like witnessing one insult or one word from a foreign language. Would you do an immediate gag for insulting/being toxic or foreign language? I don't think so.

Again, as I suggested you, be more strict towards players who use the lenny face. I understand your hatred towards it, but you simply cannot forbid its usage.

EDIT: With all of the feedback recieved and the majority of people agreeing against Zomaxx's suggestion, I believe this can be closed.

• Agree
Reactions: Onelight and chaz
With all of the feedback recieved and the majority of people agreeing against Zomaxx's suggestion, I believe this can be closed.

Closing it then.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread