Completed [Stripper request] - dr_wintervalley_final (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Invisible wall is impossible, for a non invisible wall I might have an idea but no promises. I'll reply to this thread to let everyone know the possibilities.

Reactions: Madact
I managed to add a visible wall. It's currently not placed correctly but the end result should look like this:

strip.png

It worked! Here is the result in game:

wint.png

Important notes:

- The wall is grouped, which means there is a second wall behind it. There is absolutely nothing that I can do about it.
- People can still get past the wall, but only if they make enough speed with bhop and strafe around it.
- People who try to get past it anyways get killed with a trigger_hurt.
-I haven't updated the github repository yet, I'll reply here when I've finished everything and updated the github repository.

Reactions: Jiji
I've updated my github repository, feel free to add it whenever you want.

- People can still get past the wall, but only if they make enough speed with bhop and strafe around it.
- People who try to get past it anyways get killed with a trigger_hurt.

So if someone does bhop around the wall they'd die? Sweet!
Going to be honest it looks ugly but if it's the only option I'd take it.

Is there anything else skippable with dr_wintervalley with bhop now?

Reactions: ☁ Spaceblob11 ☁
There's one trap you can escape by jumping around the wall (screenshot 1), and another trap that you can completely skip by jumping around it with bhop (screenshot 2)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 88
That's also skippable without bhop, so it's not really against the rules in my opinion.

So if someone does bhop around the wall they'd die? Sweet!
Going to be honest it looks ugly but if it's the only option I'd take it.

Is there anything else skippable with dr_wintervalley with bhop now?
If there is let me know.

And unfortunately I didn't have any other choice, this is the only wall I could use. And since the wall is grouped, it's even worse, it makes the placement harder and it adds a second wall that I can't really do anything about. There might be one alternative that I could try and that is make people teleport to the part before trap 1 when they try to skip trap 1.

Please comment your opinions on this alternative.

If the map maker wanted to prevent strafing around it, then all he had to do was make the playerclip longer. Which is something you can do in a matter of seconds. It might be intentional. For the first picture I'll see what I can do.

player.png

Reactions: Madact and Jiji
dr_wintervalley stripper in summary:

- People who try to skip trap 1 get teleported to the part before trap 1.
- People can't escape trap 8 (ice trap) anymore.

I've created a video that contains 3 parts.

Part 1: Showing that people get teleported when they try to skip trap 1.
Part 2: A trigger_push activates that blocks you from strafing around the trap walls. It enables when the trap is activated and it disables when the trap deactivates.
part 3: Here I show that you can strafe around the final trap without requiring bhop. The best I can do for this matter is to make the trap kill people who try to strafe around it when it's activated, but I won't make that change until I've received enough support for it. So again, I need opinions on if the final trap should kill people who strafe around it when it's activated.

Here is how that would look like:
hurt.png

The trigger that you can see above, will only be active when the trap is activated, so players can strafe around it when the trap is not active (and that's also good for if it's freerun for example.)

This is just my proposal, I haven't added it and I only will add it if it's requested. So just let me know. Currently the stripper contains the teleport for trap 1 skip and the fix to escaping trap 8.

Stripper is updated in the github repository.

• Winner
Reactions: Madact
Last trap should definitely kill people who strafe around it. Activator can't do shit about them.

Honestly this is amazing.

Trap 1 has improved but I'm wondering what happens if a red enter it from the other side? I remember if you go through the tunnel and up you could turn back towards spawn and drop back down into the tunnel. Will they be teleported? Does this cause issues for motivator like possible teleporting behind? I think it's fine cause if I remember the motivator is the storm. Might need some confirmation on that been a long time trying to remember that map.

Trap 2 perfect!

Trap 3. I'm not sure if it was the map creators intent but as you pointed out if they wanted it to be they would of made the barrier bigger. Your solution solves possible bhop skip though even though it's strafe skipped. I'm not bothered but I'd like to know deathrun's opinions particularly @Solar @Mikey @Furken @Nikola

Reactions: ☁ Spaceblob11 ☁
This solves most if not all issues on that map its an old map so problems were expected but these fixes should make this map better to play i approve ?

I think giving people another chance by teleporting them to the start again is a bit to easy-going imo,
its probably better putting a deathbarrier there since they are invis anyway when I remember correctly
other changes still nice

:pepelove:

Honestly this is amazing.

Trap 1 has improved but I'm wondering what happens if a red enter it from the other side? I remember if you go through the tunnel and up you could turn back towards spawn and drop back down into the tunnel. Will they be teleported? Does this cause issues for motivator like possible teleporting behind? I think it's fine cause if I remember the motivator is the storm. Might need some confirmation on that been a long time trying to remember that map.

Trap 2 perfect!

Trap 3. I'm not sure if it was the map creators intent but as you pointed out if they wanted it to be they would of made the barrier bigger. Your solution solves possible bhop skip though even though it's strafe skipped. I'm not bothered but I'd like to know deathrun's opinions particularly @Solar @Mikey @Furken @Nikola
When players enter it from the other side it will teleport them as if they entered it from the front. The motivator does not cause any trouble, I've created a quick video that shows how the motivator kills people. As you can see there is absolutely no way players can exploit that. But if players were able to get around it with the teleport, then the solution would be to turn off the teleport after trap 1 is activated or when the motivator respawns.

In addition, the final trap can now kill people that strafe around it when it's activated, and the trap lasts 3 seconds instead of 1 now.

Repo updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread