Completed [Stripper request] - dr_lazytown_xmas (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunstep

Banned
Hey there!

I've been working on a long file to fix some issues for dr lazytown xmas. I will also be providing a command for easy copy paste installation to your servers. This file has taken me some effort, it's almost 700 lines long.

First I want to list what's changed exactly:

>Increased the trigger_push speed of trap 3 and trap 5, in order to stop people from escaping the traps using bhop.
>Fixed a bug with the moin platforms: If a player uses bhop to get on the second platform first, then the first platform will disappear and never re-appear. That's fixed now, Moin platforms work perfectly fine now.
>Stopped buttons from moving when they are +used: Players used to +use the final two buttons at the end of the map which caused the buttons to be hidden, if you spam this they will be hard to press, when players take too long at the end, a trigger hurt will activate and all this only because of trolls +using the button to hide them.
>Death can now +use traps, and players can now +use the final two buttons at the end of the map to actually make them work.
>Added some more health to the breakable door, so death has some more time to use unused traps and catch up with red.

How to install?

I've created a github repository where I will be posting my stripper configs. To install this particular stripper config type the following in your terminal, just make sure to edit the path to the tf2 server:

You can also manually visit the url in the command to download it the old fashion way, but this is better :)

cd ~/<pathtoserver>/tf/addons/stripper/maps && wget https://github.com/sunstep/DRStrippers/releases/download/1.0.0/dr_lazytown_xmas.cfg && sudo chmod ~/<pathtoserver>/tf/addons/stripper/maps/dr_lazytown_xmas.cfg

wasnt there already a hurt trigger at the end with the 2 buttons?

wasnt there already a hurt trigger at the end with the 2 buttons?
I don't think you understand the change here, players used to hide the buttons by +using them, this causes players to get stuck at the end. And then the trigger hurt starts killing them. I've patched that you can hide the buttons. So players don't get stuck at the end and killed by the trigger hurt.

I wanted to mention that I forgot to add a number to the chmod command, so in case you want to enter the command: make sure that you add the permission number after the word "chmod".

Reactions: ☁ Spaceblob11 ☁
Have you maybe also fixed the problem with people blocking the buttons,by just standing in front of it?

Harder to press than if they were +used

I could try to make it spin the wheel automatically if people take too long in that room.

• Agree
Reactions: Nowtoad
Should be done now, going to do some testing before I edit it in the Github repository.

Success! Adding the changes to the github repository.
>Stripper now also makes the map automatically spin the wheel, if players stand too long in the final room.

I was cleaning up the code and it caused some issues. I temporarily removed the stripper from the repository until I fix everything tonight.

Reactions: Nowtoad
It was tested and it worked propely first, however when I playtested it again a day later it suddenly started causing issues. But I'll get it fixed tonight.

Good news: Everything seems to work as expected again, I will do some more playtesting now and if everything works fine the stripper should be back on the repository tonight.

Reactions: ☁ Spaceblob11 ☁
>White fade is now black. (the fade that happens when a minigame is chosen)

I've reworked the wheel because this is a very wanted change, so I've updated the stripper anyways.
This will be the final version except if there are any bugs. Or if any changes are really necessary. (There shouldn't be any bugs because it's tested very well.)

Latest changes:
>Reworked the wheel so it doesn't pick wii / pizza the entire time. I've done many spins, and I think I've finally found the best approach to get 8/8 minigames with 10 spins. It's still a logic_case, so chances are still that the same thing might be picked multiple times.
> Fixed that if blue is somehow not on the spinner, red will win when the song ends. Nothing changes here if blue is normally playing the game. This is due to an incredibly rare bug that allows blue to be in spectator while the game says he is alive.
>Red will win anyways if blue can't die somehow (for example if he has godmode with rtd). This applies to: Maze, pizza and wii sport minigame.
>Some other minor changes that most people probably won't notice.

This stripper is exactly 1150 lines big at this point. I feel like I've already done too many effort for this old map, I just don't feel like making any other additions. I'll be moving on to the next project from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread