Declined Sticky traps ff2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo.

If this topic has been already covered, I apologize, but I want to talk about this. Long story short: Sticky traps are overpowered and promote a boring and unskillful playstyle.

A perfect example of this is weapon storage and it's secret, where demos with the scottish resistance hide there and place hundreds of crit stickies and wait a long time until the hale decides to enter the secret room. Some hales can counter it by raging when they enter (sometimes through rage farming, which should not be the solution for any problem), but firstly, new players are not aware of this, and secondly, not every hale can counter it.

But this isn't just about weapon storage. Literally any map with a door that hides the other side is affected by this. Any demo can just equip the scottish resistance or even the normal sticky launcher and put 8-14 crit stickies behind the door and wait until the hale shows up. That is honestly just sad. The hale is obviously not going to check every door and even for "notorious spots", some people might forget it.

It's quite sad when you have hales that are about to win as hale and then lose 4k health just because of a camping demo. It is a very generic and boring playstyle for the RED demo, that requires no skill and it is also painful for hales to have to deal with this, espicially when they have to focus on other stuff and all of a sudden they lose tons of health.

Lastly, stickies that are placed in sentry nests are awful. Hales that have no unique ability and having to manually destroy the sentry, when you have many stickies lying around the sentry, is really annoying. I mean imagine saving a rage for a sentry nest with 3-4 people and when the time comes, you get knocked to the opposite side of the map and lose a lot of health (Maybe nerf the knockback from many crit stickies?) .

I want to make clear that in some situations, you can use some tricks to get around the situation (for example in skyhigh you can jump the moment you fall down and get placed in the middle, but that also requires perfect timing and most players can not perform it), but most of the times it's about surprising the hale in moments or spots where you woudn't expect it.

How to change that. Simple. Sticky launchers like the quickbomber should not be heavily affected by this, but overall nerf the damage that crit stickies do (especially for the scottish resistance. Or we could just remove it, but a few players may want to use it for other purposes, so maybe not.) Just cutting down the damage that crit stickies do would be fine (for example 14 scottish resistance crit sickies from 4.5k to 1.7k or something like that).

A smarter idea would be to nerf the damage depending on the amount of stickies placed (1 crit sticky = 300 dmg / 14 crit stickies = 20 each or somewhere there), but I don't know if that can be easily implemented ( Also to make sure that RED demos can't abuse that for sticky jumps).

I would love to hear other opinions on this matter. If you disagree, please give arguments that explain how this is unnecessary/ is not overpowered. Thanks for reading!

Just no, Sticky Trappers are easy to kill and since they cant really protect their selfs besides of sticky spamming and making the hale fly away or sticky jumping away (which gives u a good amount of self damage which they cant repeat after a few times unless they know the spots of the Medkits) i see no reason to nerf the damage in any way of, it might be genuinely annoying but since its easy counterable i dont think a nerf is necessary and about the new players, everyone is learning. Its not like that the newbie didnt understood what to do, he learns about his mistakes and will be able to counter Sticky Traps.
There are barely good maps to be a Sticky Trapper on anyways.
If u play Stick Trapper on a open map which isnt the best choice, u pretty much just place them around a sentry nest or just around the ground which makes it impossible for the hale to reach u but, u have a super jump to use and its very simple to counter.

I might've forgot things to mention here, i will just edit my reply if i got something else say

A lot of suggestions in the past come suggesting nerf's of damage when we'd need to know what ff2 plugin Kevin is using. Nobody has access to that so most likely this will never happen.

I know that , after re-reading gamemode specific rules for FF2, demo with active stickies are allowed to camp. I don't know if it's an issue on closed maps...I know of this map that has these underground water tunnels that lead to this room with two pits. That map is pretty bad for hale as hale is better in open (yet not so open like that giant desert map) maps where hale has multiple choices to approach the opposing team.

On ff2 though it's easy to win if you pick the OP bosses :pepega: Nobody wants to suggest removing the option to select your own hale to avoid the constant stream of micmicer and spyners. I'm assuming it's the ultimate appeal as to why people play on panda's ff2 servers but this presents a whole set of issues. Imagine if it wasn't just how much it would fix lmao. But I'm ranting into something else.

Looking at UberMedic's response and the fact this is most likely never going to happen I'm going to close this down now to not give hope. Sorry to be the bad guy ::(: Maybe something above of what I've said might give a better suggestion to the situation.

Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread