steamcmd - Fatal Error upon first-time starting (1 Viewer)

mosteraz

I want to host Red Orchestra among other things for my friends.
A dedicated RO2 server requires the use of Steamcmd, which does not work for me, see Pic:
shit.png

I can't fix this problem, all tips in google were useless (didn't work), any ideas here?
  • Note: I tried this while steam was on and later when it was off (made no difference obviously), also I don't use a Proxy/VPN if that matters somehow
  • Ensured steamcmd was run with admin-rights
  • Set Proxy-Settings to auto-detect (Internet-Options)
  • Set Internet-Security to "medium" (lowest possible setting) and also gave a few extra rights
  • Disabled my Antivirus/Firewall Don't even have one
  • Made sure all other programs listed by Valve (link probably in german) are not installed or deactivated
  • Later manually opened all Steam-Ports and disabled the Firewall of my Webcube
  • If it matters somehow: I got (additionally to IE of course) both Chrome and Firefox installed. Don't know if they can directly interfere with that stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: :OP: D
I want to host Red Orchestra among other things for my friends.
A dedicated RO2 server requires the use of Steamcmd, which does not work for me, see Pic:
View attachment 6803

I can't fix this problem, all tips in google were useless (didn't work), any ideas here?
  • Note: I tried this while steam was on and later when it was off (made no difference obviously), also I don't use a Proxy/VPN if that matters somehow
  • Ensured steamcmd was run with admin-rights
  • Set Proxy-Settings to auto-detect (Internet-Options)
  • Set Internet-Security to "medium" (lowest possible setting) and also gave a few extra rights
  • Disabled my Antivirus/Firewall Don't even have one
  • Made sure all other programs listed by Valve (link probably in german) are not installed or deactivated
  • Later manually opened all Steam-Ports and disabled the Firewall of my Webcube
  • If it matters somehow: I got (additionally to IE of course) both Chrome and Firefox installed. Don't know if they can directly interfere with that stuff.
i dont see any reason why steamcmd shouldnt work.
try a different inet maybe

i dont see any reason why steamcmd shouldnt work.
try a different inet maybe
Tried it yesterday with a neighbours WLan (don't know anything about his settings though / yes he gave me permission) and just now with my mobile.
Sadly, same result.

Did you try to download a newer copy of SteamCMD?
It looks like it can connect but the files it's trying to retrieve doesn't excist anymore:
wjts.png

• Useful
Reactions: mosteraz
Did you try to download a newer copy of SteamCMD?
It looks like it can connect but the files it's trying to retrieve doesn't excist anymore:
wjts.png
I feel like a full retard now
I already had that error some weeks ago RIGHT after downloading, now it works.
My usual luck I guess.
just fuck my shit up fam.png

Nonetheless, many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread