Answered Steam crashing repeatedly? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

plutonists

Donator
I've never had this problem before, keeps crashing after I log in, it says either from the three:
"Steam Bootstrapper has stopped working"
"Steam couldn't connect to the server"
"C++ Runtime Error: An unusual error has caused the application to crash, blah blah blah, Please contact the Staff Team"
or it just crashes mysteriously.
I've tried reinstalling Steam by deleting all the files except Userdata, Steamapps, Steam.exe
Then I open Steam.exe and it re-downloads all the files, opened Steam, logged in and still the same errors.
I removed the whole Steam folder except Steamapps, downloaded Steam from the official website, and still the same error over and over.
Here's a screenshot of the Steam Bootstrapper Error:
fad7d980a11662c98e14515e2f434b23.png

That's all I could screenshot, others I just closed right away to try and fix, I'll be sure to screenshot the other errors.
Thanks!

FIXED!
I just tried going to the Steam folder, right click on Steam.exe and clicked on Troubleshoot Compatability and then Recommended Settings.
Thread should be closed, for now, thanks!

Apparently, Steam crashed again once I opened TF2.
Still, it says "Steam Client Bootstrapper has stopped working"
Could anyone provide assistance? I don't mean to bother but I'm so pissed. Sorry.

Hm. Try and verifying the game cache of TF2. There could be some files in there that keep crashing Steam.

Probably not the solution, but I'm just throwing ideas here.

Try starting your Steam games 'As administrator' perhaps.

EDIT: Never mind :pepe:

I've tried everything, can anyone help ASAP? I'm outta ideas here.

Contact steam support or wait until tomorrow. That's all I can think of right now.

• Informative
Reactions: plutonists
Fixed, I had a windows update and then it updated, this morning I reinstalled Steam once again, and opened Steam and brought me this message.
b576b3c88e79021da6928681832259e4.png

So, I had Web Companion (an application that I had, dunno where I got it tbh) and that was the thing that was making Steam crash, once I uninstalled Web Companion, Steam works now. Yay!
The thread can be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread