Special Rules for Trade #25 (1 Viewer)

Captain Caribbean

As many of you know, every server has his own rules or atleast like "modified". So i've thought about some rules that would be helpful for Trade Plaza #25.
- Not allowed bad sponsoring.
e.g. X: Selling stranges, miscs, keys...
Y:Don't trade with him.
Y: It's a waste of time.
- Spamming offers in the normal chat or in the voice chat. Also if he does it in Caps.

I thought yesterday of another rule but now I don't remember xD I'll edit it if I remember.

Spamming offers in the normal chat or in the voice chat. Also if he does it in Caps.
This is ALREADY punished (as spam). So, don't worry ;)

Not allowed bad sponsoring.
About this, well, I don't really agree, but that's my humble opinion.
I'll also explain you why. In real life, in markets, sellers do very often bad sponsoring against other sellers. It becomes legit, even because it's the buyer (the person who reads/listen to the bad sponsoring) who chooses who's the best according to the liberal rules of free commerce.
Since a trade server is like a real-life market in a game, I would not make a difference.

But well, let's listen to others' opinion.

About this, well, I don't really agree, but that's my humble opinion.
I'll also explain you why. In real life, in markets, sellers do very often bad sponsoring against other sellers. It becomes legit, even because it's the buyer (the person who reads/listen to the bad sponsoring) who chooses who's the best according to the liberal rules of free commerce.
Since a trade server is like a real-life market in a game, I would not make a difference.
I think it's good if a player informs about another trader, for example if he/she has tried to scam you or if he/she is being annoying by constantly begging you for free items. But if it's for another reason and maybe a stupid reason, eg. just because you didn't like what he/she offered for your items or because he/she doesn't speak your language, bad sponsoring shouldn't be considered allowed. That's what I think anyway.

- Not allowed bad sponsoring.
- Spamming offers in the normal chat or in the voice chat. Also if he does it in Caps.

Well, for me, trade server doesnt need specific rules.

Spamming text chat is against the rules, also sponsoring bad thingies.

What if person has really bad backpack? If he/she is only offering commons strages and stuff.
Also we cant force to stop, if someones wants to share their opinions.

Also we already have good rules on trade
Only english on text/voicechat
Dont instult others
and etc.

So I really dont have reason to add specific rules to trade.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 person
I'd actually like to add "No spawncamping with more than 1 sentry at the same time".

The problem is that 1 sentry can be easily avoided/destroyed but 2, especially when they are on different positions, can block the camped teams access of ~50% of the map (this includes end, aether, ....). Spies have a success-chance of almost 0% (because of instant-respawns) and ubered soldiers/heavies can't deal with both.

@Da Random don't want to make this rule "official" without your feedback to that too. (That idea could be just bullshit after all n stuff...)

• Agree
Reactions: Captain Caribbean
I've been slightly concerned about that problem too at times, I feel like one sentry is sufficient to keep going.. But it's not really hard getting teamwork into play to demolish the sentries. Idk, I will think about it and come back with an answer.

just because you didn't like what he/she offered for your items or because he/she doesn't speak your language
I said mine, in a free market in the real world, bad sponsoring told to clientele against other sellers is not forbidden.
I think we can allow the bad sponsoring (for the reasons I explained above).
BUT, the user who is doing bad sponsoring MUST keep a good language (without insults/disrespect), and he CAN'T spam his bad sponsoring sentences.

About the suggestion made by mosteraz:

There are so many ways to avoid the sentries near the spawn (and to destroy them), if you know the secrets of the map.
I personally know them, and for me the fun is also in destroying opponents' campings itself (by understanding how I can do it)! :D
But well, not everybody knows all the secrets or has enough "skill" to do it. That's true.
@mosteraz , I'd make a poll to see what people think (in a new and different thread).

My decision for adding the anti-sentry-spawncamping rule is as following: While putting them in front of the spawn might seem difficult to take down it's not impossible. IF however there are a sentry in front AND on the roof of the spawn it is not allowed. Which puts the enemy team into a huge disadvantage.

Reactions: mosteraz

Users who are viewing this thread