Status
Not open for further replies.

Redspike

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
From 'rules of play' in Gameserver Rules
c) General disruptive behaviour
This includes a number of things, such as: prolonging rounds without due cause; teaming with a player on the opposing team; excessive spawn killing; blocking people’s sight; willingly assisting hackers by healing them; encouraging rule-breaking or otherwise grievous acts.

I would like to know how the spawncamping rule translates to #16 2fort in particular. Due to 2fort's map design a lot of combat is inevitably going to happen by the main spawn doors and the immediate vicinity - that's just 2fort gameplay. Even so I still see players getting warned for it when they are standing outside the doors for a long period. I personally have never seen those situations as unfair because the strategy of just standing outside spawn is easily punished by the fact that the opposing team is having access to instant health-regain which puts any camper in a pretty unsustainable position (unless they have a medic).

So yea I just want to explore what's okay and what's not. It would be especially welcome if current and former staff members could explain how they enforce the rule.

Reactions: Furken and Magglet
Okay so, first off:
  • Where does it apply?
    For me, the only spawns on which the rule truly applies is the one on the left of the map for your own team. So, to specify, these spawns:

1646848487096.png

"Why is this?" you may be asking. Well, the other spawn has two exits so, if met by a player trying to spawncamp there, you can take the other exit and continue playing. And, if you for some reason refer to the resupply room next to the intel room as a "spawn", this was already discussed on another thread: https://www.panda-community.com/threads/does-this-count-as-spawncamp-2fort.26858/

• When do I enforce it?
    In my opinion, I only consider "spawncampers" those who stay in the room just outside of the spawn for a relatively long period of time with the purpose of killing the people at spawn. Those who are past the doorframes/arches don't really count as spawncampers for me unless they are still actively trying to kill players at the spawn. Also demomen who leave stickies at the spawn doors I consider to be spawncampers since the players at the spawn don't really suspect there being stickies.

• How do I enforce it?
    Usually, I will warn the user in question as well as leave a general warning for everyone to see through csay. If I catch the user doing this again, I make sure to warn them again and record a demo. In the case they happen to do that again and I catch it on the demo, I ban them for a time which matches the stacking of previous bans and keep said demo in case they decide to appeal (or, just ask Madact to attach the demo to the ban).

I hope this has helped you understand when and where it applies. Due to not really having a mentor for 2Fort myself, I have followed these procedures since that's how I saw former staff enforce the rule.

Out of interest, are u allowed to place stickies on the spawn door if u are passing through. I appreciate if u just sit outside of spawn its not ok.
But people will run inside spawn and then door camp as u run past. Can you place safety stickies that you remove after you leave the area.

Out of interest, are u allowed to place stickies on the spawn door if u are passing through. I appreciate if u just sit outside of spawn its not ok.
But people will run inside spawn and then door camp as u run past. Can you place safety stickies that you remove after you leave the area.
I would refrain from putting stickies directly under the spawndoor. If we leave it at that we can keep the stickies rule neat and simple.

Luckily 2fort is a map full of many other sticky-compatible chokepoints.

Why wouldnt you put stickies there if you are just passing by? Like thats where enemies come from, and you arent camping

• Sad
Reactions: Raggeman
Why wouldnt you put stickies there if you are just passing by? Like thats where enemies come from, and you arent camping
i mean, planting stickies is basically a form of camping. instead of you sitting there waiting for enemies to kill, you have detonatable bombs waiting. so this rule could be applicable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread