Duplicate Some suggestions for DB :^) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tolfx

I've got some suggestion that would be nice to bring up to db. So here I am to share it.

1: Team killing can happen in db (aka they suicide and the rocket goes to a random player without a beep.) So I would suggest to remove the rocket if the player suicide or something else. When I slay a stealer it can happen the rocket will go to the stealer and then the rocket won't give a beep and go to a random player and he/she will die if hes unlucky, and i need to respawn him/her. So it would be easier if the rocket just dies/destroys so it will prevent it. Ofc it might be annoying if the rocket is in a high speed and then it just disappears. Would like to know more about this suggestion if you have more ideas to put in.

2: Orbiting too long happens often, and when it happens you just have to wait until they airblast, die or if someone steals their rocket. And that sucks tbh. But would be better if there was a plugin that would kill the player if they orbit too long. Some ways it could kill the player is by: 1, The rocket kills the player if they orbit too long (and lets says the longest time they need to stop is 4 sec) and if the player orbits too long the rocket will go faster and kill the player.

2, The player gets slayed and the rocket goes to a new player with a beep. (Ofc this can be annoying if the rocket is in a high speed.) I'm pretty sure there is a plugin for this already. Cause I've seen it before but would be nice to also get into the panda-community.

3: I've already made a post about this but I want to bring it back up. Top speed. I like speed some others do too (some doesnt.). I've seen other servers have a plugin that makes records about top speed. (that i think is super cool :))) There are some issues. For example two players hacking and breaks the record just like that. Ofc like tbott said "How about hiding scores for banned players?" and that would be a good idea. But then how do we know they are hackers? Welp we won't know. But we can make a system for it for sure. Tbott also said "We could also require some minimum playtime and just assume that a player who plays for that amount of time and actually reaches any appreciable speed has been confirmed not to be cheating." And that's also great!

So it maybe solves some stuff. Zeprus also said "Should admins have the power to delete top speeds? Should they expire for inactive users?" I don't know about Admins deleting their top speed if they are cheating, a ban would just solve it. And yes it should expire if they are inactive users.

I also think if a player gets banned their scores on top speed will get deleted. (Tho I think it should only be happening if they get banned on the dodgeball servers) Then also should all dodgeball servers connect as same top speed? I say no some others might say yes. I say no cause is more fun to have it separated, will be more of a challenge on all servers to hit top speed (prob not on #29 but ye lol) Then we have how many will be on the scoreboard? Only top 1 or more? I would say top 10 will show in scoreboard. But if you do /rank (or something in that way) you can see your own top speed to fight against others so you don't forget.

But ye that's all I got right now. Share some more suggestions or ideas I would like to hear. I really want to these to be added and some others don't, and that's fine. I won't make a poll for yes or no for this cause I would rather see some talk about this before it somethings should get added into the game.

Sorry if it was a lot too read lol.

Ahh, fuck my life haha.

1. Removing the rocket could be a good idea, but yeah, like you said it could be very annoying because of me and some more play for the "score."
The One who had the Rocket should get the Points if the targeted player suicides. If not, I would get in time very mad. ::^)::
Or like you said in (2,) the rocket could find a new target just with a beep. Could be hard to predict it but it's better than just disappear.

2. That's funny. I already tried to code something in this direction.
The only way for that is speeding up the rocket after a short amount of time when the missile doesn't have changed the target.
So yeah, it is possible.

3. That's a very cool idea. I saw that in some other servers too.
The "Cheater" issue is very complicated. It isn't possible to detect that. Even with an Anticheat.
There are 4 Players legit cheating(i know about)
You will laugh if you see the real number of cheating players in dodgeball.
Its pretty easy to code a legit dodgeball reflect bot/auto Dragging.
Most of those are using lbox, lith, null, sh. Same here there are two functions for auto reflect. Rage and Legit.
Rage was some years ago just an aimbot for the rocket, and a pretty lousy auto reflect but they changed it to a silent aiming and improved the auto reflect.
So it can hit the Rocket even if you not looking in the direction.
That's the biggest reason why you banned the most cheaters on Dodgeball.
Its very conspicuous.
Otherwise its possible to look like cheating if you do motionless reflects but thats another story.

Legit is just an autoairblast. Isn't that good detectable.
Because if you move your mouse a bit randomly before the rocket gets to you.. it looks like you are dragging the missile like a good regular player.
They are sometimes dying if they are too slow to aim at the rocket.. that often happens on ~300mph.
And that makes them more legit for your eyes.
If you have a bit experience with regular Dodgeball without any Cheats.. you can hide it pretty easily and that's the thing.
You never can be sure to 100%.
But if you did it like me and cheated 4-5Months in TF2 you can easily detect the behaviour of a legit cheater.
I need to say.. one of my Names are well known in the cheating community. Im currently coding and selling "gameplay improvements":kappa: for other games.
Team Fortress 2 is one of the only PvP Games were im currently not coding and using third party programs.
The only thing i did is improved network settings and mouse. Grabbing/Dragging the rocket is much easier that way.
Like i said, you can't be sure to 100%.

The chance that I get unbanned is now very, very low but that's okay.
I could do a video proof of my skills or if Lighty doesn't respond in this month... I change to one of my other Mains.::/::

Best Regards,

Cahya

The "Cheater" issue is very complicated.
Ye that's the problem. But I've seen is often "new" players that come and cheat, so that's why the score should only show to those with a enough time (maybe 3 days would be enough).

Maybe there are other ways to fix it but I think top speed is nothing that should consider as a "score" more of a fun thing. Still the best solution for now is to show the score of top speed to those who has 3 days in /rank.

1. Removing the rocket could be a good idea, but yeah, like you said it could be very annoying because of me and some more play for the "score."
The One who had the Rocket should get the Points if the targeted player suicides. If not, I would get in time very mad. ::^)::
Or like you said in (2,) the rocket could find a new target just with a beep. Could be hard to predict it but it's better than just disappear.

Lol Points. On a more serious note, just block suicides for the current target. That's easy enough to do. If they really get that upset about points and disconnect then you can still make the rocket vanish and maybe even place a cooldown on reconnecting.

It's possible to get a "good enough" solution to the cheater issue with quite reasonable effort imo and I am unsure what exactly that wall of text is supposed to achieve. After all we're talking about an automatic system here, not trying to write a tutorial on how to spot cheaters.

Is there a TLDR for this? Perhaps a list with less wording?
  1. Remove rocket if the target vanishes or let new target know with a beep
  2. Kill people who orbit the rocket for too long
  3. Basically https://www.panda-community.com/threads/top-speed-db.18359/ (I'll get around to it at some point, promise)
These all require plugins or edits to existing plugins. I'm sorta busy but if people vote for the first two I can get them done quickly. #3 has its own thread and I think it should be discussed there, being a big suggestion.

• Winner
Reactions: Madact
If these all ready exist as tasks then we don't really need repeating threads.

I'll close this for now and mark as pending. Please no more making db threads about all ready existing suggestions. Sorry updates dont come as you guys want it, but it's up to Kevin when these get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread