Declined Snovarcho's Admin Application #16 2Fort (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snovarcho

Username

Snovarcho / Snovy.
( my real name is Kristian. )

Steam ID

STEAM_0:1:79542088

I'm 20-years old.

Current playtime on relevant server(s)

75d 19:45:29h

HLstats

Stats

Sourcebans

Comms
Bans

Who gave you permission to apply?

No one. I am over 15 years old.

Servers you are applying for

#16 | 2Fort.

General online times & time zone

Mon-Fri from 3pm to 7pm and Sat-Sun from 8am to 22pm. My time zone is UTC+2.
Sometimes I'm not available due to my personal stuff.

Do you have have a working microphone?

Yes, I do have a working microphone, and I use it frequently.

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator

I'm an admin on a discord server, but I don't think that's enough experience.

Do you have experience with SourceMod?

I have no experience of it, but I'm happy to learn how to use SourceMod.

What would make you a suitable candidate?

I have spent a good amount of time on that server, which makes me a well-known person there. The biggest reason why I'm applying for this is because there is current only two 2Fort admins. Of course I'm not saying, that those two admins are not doing their job well or anything. Both of them have started to be more active since the last time I applied for this job. But what about me? I play on that server almost daily and I can stay there for hours. Even 3 or 7 hours depending on the day. I have encountered too many rulebreakers, and they usually join when both of the admins are not available. I always tell them to stop doing whatever they are doing. Most of them will ignore me and keep doing their thing. That's unacceptable. But like I mentioned previously, I'm always active on the server, which would lead to rulebreakers to get punished.

Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments

I would consider myself an admin, who gets along with everyone. However, I can be extremely strict, when it comes to rule breaking. First I will warn them, but if they don't cooperate:

Racism/Toxicity/Micspamming:

1. 240 minutes | 4 hour gag / mute.
2. 720 minutes | 12 hour gag / mute.
3. 1440 minutes | 1 day gag / mute.
4. 10080 minutes | 1 week gag / mute.
5. 43200 minutes | 1 month gag / mute.
6. 99999 | asking an admin for perm.

Cheating

There's nothing to talk about. If I caught someone cheating, then they will be punished for 99999 minutes.
After that I'll ask for an admin to give them a permaban.

Inappropriate sprays

Rulebreaker will be told to change his / her spray. If he / she won't cooperate, they will be kicked out of the server.
If he / she joins back and keeps using that spray, they will be given a sprayban.

Inappropriate objectors

Rulebreaker will be told to change his / her objector. If he / she doesn't do what I told them, he / she will be kicked out of the server.
If he / she didn't follow my request, I would ban them.

End of the application

Thanks for you time!
Sincerely,
Snovarcho

The biggest reason why I'm applying for this is because there is current only two 2Fort admins. Of course I'm not saying, that those two admins are not doing their job well or anything. Both of them have started to be more active since the last time I applied for this job. But what about me? I play on that server almost daily and I can stay there for hours. Even 3 or 7 hours depending on the day. I have encountered too many rulebreakers, and they usually join when both of the admins are not available. I always tell them to stop doing whatever they are doing. Most of them will ignore me and keep doing their thing. That's unacceptable. But like I mentioned previously, I'm always active on the server, which would lead to rulebreakers to get punished.
It's not my server but you once again bring up this argument while you have 0 reports on the forum. If the rulebreakers usually come when admins aren't around then why didn't you report any of them on forum to get them punished when it's so unacceptable?

I can't say much as I haven't seen a lot of him for some time, but I want to bring up some concerns.

From Terminator's 2fort crit thread (which was only a month ago) I get the impression that he takes the 2fort instant respawn way too seriously, and that he can't stand someone he considers worse at the game constantly killing him. He also finds that being typed "xd" to everytime he gets killed, is provoking (which is against the rules) yet uses taunts everytime he kills me, which I can only assume is to provoke a reaction from me (As I said on his last application, we're not on good terms, I have had him muted for half a year now, but perhaps he just can't read the room and think everything is fine after 4-5months of not playing together).

Now these things might seem nitpicky and insignificant, and it is also a private chat I am basing these concerns off of, but my impression of him half a year ago when I played with him regularly was that he has an ego, is as competitive as can be, and that he takes the game way too seriously, and that makes him prone to become very toxic in the heat of the moment and bear grudges. Now obviously, the fact that he messaged Terminator privately about these things show signs of maturity - talking like an adult instead of insulting and having a fit on the server, but if he still takes the game that seriously, I personally don't think he is mature enough or has the temperament to be a suitable admin.

If he was an admin, would he be giving warnings to Terminator for continuously typing "xd"? How would the atmosphere on the server be if we have a super active person with the power to gag, mute, or ban you, but he can easily get caught up in the moment, becoming too frustrated at the players and the game?

I hope the 2fort admin will keep this in mind as they check him out. On his last application he talked about changing to better suit the admin role - which is the wrong way around. You should already have the maturity. And if he fakes it, I doubt it will last forever.

Well this has turned into an unfortunate circumstance!

So with no admins assigned to EU 2fort it's going to have to be me who provides feedback. I'll try my best to join when I have the time but if I don't I'll just have to go off what sources I have.
Any feedback from regulars is appreciated like the above.

Give me until either next Wednesday or the next weekend. I'll hopefully have my feedback ready by then.
Sorry about this :azbaby:

I'll provide some feedback on this then as a regular. But please note that I am still quite new on 2fort, have only played actively for the last 2 months or so. For that reason I will also base much of my assessment on secondary sources.

I have never seen you be toxic to others explicitly and your chatlog have improved since the previous app which is positive but that alone is no reliable indicator on what we can expect from you as an admin, especially considering that you have only recently improved in that regard. The issues Vecomti mentioned above is pretty inline with my overall impression of you. To me it's pretty evident that you don't have the temperament required to guarantee that you make appropiate judegments as admin.

I have spent a good amount of time on that server, which makes me a well-known person there. The biggest reason why I'm applying for this is because there is current only two 2Fort admins. Of course I'm not saying, that those two admins are not doing their job well or anything. Both of them have started to be more active since the last time I applied for this job. But what about me? I play on that server almost daily and I can stay there for hours. Even 3 or 7 hours depending on the day. I have encountered too many rulebreakers, and they usually join when both of the admins are not available. I always tell them to stop doing whatever they are doing. Most of them will ignore me and keep doing their thing. That's unacceptable. But like I mentioned previously, I'm always active on the server, which would lead to rulebreakers to get punished.
A common misconception I often see here in the forums is the notion that being admin is just about punishing rulebreakers. Many seem to overlook the fact that admins sort of act like a representative of the community as a whole. Your actions and your behaviour as admin will set the standard for what is okay and what is not - a toxic admin breeds a toxic server and so on. This is why it's it's important to recruit admins that can act as role-models. It's true that you have a great playtime and you are probably the most well-known player on the server, but this is in this case not only positive; many regulars will still remember your for your previous insults and your spam of shitty lewd binds for taunt. In other words you have sort of made yourself famous as a toxic player and it will take more than a couple of months with a clean chatlog to change that. Rewarding a player of your reputation with an admin position would reflect badly on the community as a whole.

In my opinion for you to even considered as admin you need to prove that you can act like a role-model and that you can stay mild-tempered consistently. As of now however I am firmly against this app being accepted.

PS:
1637582234285.png

Hello! Leaving my thoughts here now that I can and feedback is highly needed on this application.

I will divide my feedback in two parts, one related to the application itself and the other related to Snovarcho's behaviour in the community in general:
- For the application, given the current circumstances in which many administrators have quit (many being related to the #16 server), a helping hand on the server during peak hours would be great right now and Snovarcho is online and available during most days, if not all throughout those hours.

The lack of experience does set me aback, but this can be fixed pretty quickly and I am sure the mentors he would be assigned would be able to help him out.

As the comments before state, however, it is not that coherent, considering that despite the rule-infrictions when no staff members are on being as severe as you say, you have never made a single report on the forums, which makes the statement a bit ridiculous in my opinion. As others say, being such an active player and having so many hours in the server will account for nothing unless you actually spend some time improving your behaviour.

- As for Snovarcho himself. I have honestly never had any problems with him nor has he been toxic explicitly towards other players when I was there. However, all the lewd or suggestive binds, spray and behaviour have been present in some way and even if I may be desensitized for them to affect me in any way, they have to go for it will surely give the server a bad reputation if any new players encounter these type of things being posted by an admin.

Regarding the thread on random crits mentioned before, I do not have many words to say about it other than it really gives a bad image of Snovarcho yet it is still a private conversation and it being leaked out of nowhere is quite the dick move. Nevertheless, it should be taken into account that were something like this to happen again in an administrative position, it would surely end in his demotion.

In all honesty, I do believe you are trying to change and it somewhat shows since your last application, but this change truly has to show, not only with words but also with actions. To truly be reformed, try being someone people look up to and admire, this you will not earn through the competivity which dictates you but by having fun and letting others have fun as well.

I will be giving you a +1 leaning towards neutrality. If accepted, you will be on thin ice and I suggest giving you a single chance, after which you will be demoted due to the issues being raised by other members of the community. This is also highly influenced by the sudden lack of staff members right now. Nonetheless, the ultimate decision is up to Kevin.

I know I will be getting negative backlash due to my decision, but we will never know how things will work out if we don't even give it a shot. Were Snovarcho to fail in his duties as an administrator, not once again will I be taking this choice.

So I've had a good read of what I can and I have played with snovarcho once. Although this is not enough for me to judge an applicant I can at least sum up everything in this feedback.

I honestly have a lot of type out about our playtime and I've done so three times but I find myself coming off the point of feedback. So just a tldr: I can see why the above feedback claims you take things seriously and that small provoking instances make you upset. Regulars greet you and are generally ok with you. Some may joke about you and this is where the concern of 'what would snovarcho do if they where admin and this situation happens'.
I had a good time at the first part, not so much in the middle and then a nice round off at the end. I think you need to loosen up. You play TF2 too much which some may see it as a 'this is perfect they'll be on the server alot!!!' it actually causes a lot of stress and I believe that's what's happening to you all ready.
You have the intention to be good but this sort of thing will take time. You'll need time to develop yourself properly and heck I'd take up playing other games or focusing IRL to take that edge off. Since you applied so soon after the re-apply date those that remember your actions within 3 months are bound to bring it up.

I'd also like to see you do some reports. Although not required you mention that it's too much. Perhaps you can show us? Help the current team out but it also gives us a clue into how you would administrate.

With all that above I'm going to close this for under review. You may not have time to do the advice above before the wave but please understand it is in good intention for you to improve both as a possible panda admin and your life overall.
Any question or inactivity during under review please let me know. Good luck ::):

sadly going to decline this allthought you can apply again in a month if you wish to do so; 24.02.2022.

Reactions: Spam Goose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread