Declined Smokey_Haze's Admin application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey_Haze

Username

Smokey_Haze

Steam32 ID

STEAM_0:0:202111041

Your age

Current playtime on relevant server(s)

3d 02:16:43h on the Panda-Community.com US | Trade

Link to your Sourcebans record

(If relevant) Who gave you permission to apply?

Not Relevant

Server you are applying for

Panda-Community.com US | Trade

General online times & time zone: Pacific Daylight time zone.

I am usually on between 5:30 - 6:00 to 8:00 - 10:00

Do you have a working microphone?

I do have a working microphone.

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator

I've had experience in moderation on two different servers in Gmod.

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?

I would just hang out play like I would normally while managing the chat and voice chat, for miner offenses I would just mute whoever is to blame unless it becomes a reoccurring thing, then for that or bigger offenses I would do a few day ban then more longer days if it comes to be a problem, and if its just over and over again permanent ban, if they do not want to follow rules then they shouldn't play on the server.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Ian and Nowtoad
Apologies as you're pretty much in the same situation as the other applicants; the server you're applying for doesn't exactly have an active admin presence so feedback is limited.
I have pinged @bap! about you but I believe they are busy / don't visit US trade as much.

I will mention that you did make this application before the minimum requirement of 3 days. It was, however, only 2 hours off and you made up for the time by the time I checked it. Chae decided to then edit your application to reflect this.

Do you have the IPs for these Gmod servers you moderate? Perhaps the name of the communities?
Could you also give an example of what parameters you would stack punishments to let's say a micspammer? How many times would you mute a micspammer who keeps coming back until it's permanent? What sort of warning would you give, if any?

I would suggest you also start making player reports to show us that you can handle gathering evidence and what you consider rulebreaking to the point of punishment. It will also show US trade does need administration. You can find all information you need in this folder:

I see you haven't used the call system in over 2 years. I know that most of the time you won't get a response, but you calling will help out any admin that takes calls from US trade which can give us a chance to see you on the server.

You also haven't joined in a while. Are you still interested? Busy with something?

That's pretty much what I can feedback for now.

• Agree
Reactions: Valyntine
Apologies as you're pretty much in the same situation as the other applicants; the server you're applying for doesn't exactly have an active admin presence so feedback is limited.
I have pinged @bap! about you but I believe they are busy / don't visit US trade as much.

I will mention that you did make this application before the minimum requirement of 3 days. It was, however, only 2 hours off and you made up for the time by the time I checked it. Chae decided to then edit your application to reflect this.

Do you have the IPs for these Gmod servers you moderate? Perhaps the name of the communities?
Could you also give an example of what parameters you would stack punishments to let's say a micspammer? How many times would you mute a micspammer who keeps coming back until it's permanent? What sort of warning would you give, if any?

I would suggest you also start making player reports to show us that you can handle gathering evidence and what you consider rulebreaking to the point of punishment. It will also show US trade does need administration. You can find all information you need in this folder:

I see you haven't used the call system in over 2 years. I know that most of the time you won't get a response, but you calling will help out any admin that takes calls from US trade which can give us a chance to see you on the server.

You also haven't joined in a while. Are you still interested? Busy with something?

That's pretty much what I can feedback for now.
Hey no need for an apology, I understand that this takes time and that the team is in short numbers.
I am just thankful in the reply

Also thanks for the change of played time on my application, I knew I wash short so I played a lot when I sent it in.

Sadly I do not have any information on those Gmod servers because the last time I was on those servers and in contact with the owner was in 2018, and since then have forgotten all the specifics.
I would start slow with the spammers mute them just to tell them the rules and how things run for the server then unmute them if they understand, but if they continue I would do a one day, then three, then the week. if they decide to continue from there then permanent muting in my opinion would be necessary unless you guys have other thoughts, and I would let them know that's how I would do it to them for a warning .

So the reason I haven't made a call in 2 years is because I took that as a break because my friend Id play with on the server went to school and I wasn't motivated but when I jumped on I realized how fun the server still is.

And yes I have been busy for a moment, I got a new graphics card for my pc and was able to play a game with my buddy and was just excited to do so, I am still interested.

Thanks you again for the feedback I appreciate your guys time.

• Informative
Reactions: Valyntine
I don't see @bap! giving feedback on this anytime soon due to inactivity, so I'll put this under review.

Any questions or inactivity during under review please let me know via forum PM / steam / discord. Good luck ::):

Reactions: bap!
declined, you may apply again in a month; 21.01.2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread