Completed Singing in Theatre shouldn't be considered Micspam. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmon1

I remember when I first started playing Jb people sang in Theatre a lot and it always made the game funnier, and better. I don't see why it would be a bad thing for people to sing, it would give some people a chance to show off their musical talents, and it would be funny as well! Personally I can't sing, but i'm sure this would add something new to Jb ; I've actually seen a lot of people ask for newer things on Jb but it never happens so with some exceptions and some tuning i think that you should be able to sing in Theatre without it being considered Micspam :)

it's micspam if you arent the one on stage currently (at least to my knowledge)

• Agree
Reactions: Riobi
ok but the suggestion is flawed.

I don't see why it would be a bad thing for people to sing, it would give some people a chance to show off their musical talents, and it would be funny as well!

True but I rarely seen this. Most people I encountered singing would just be fooling around and trying to get themselves punished. Besides, I don't think many people want to hear people singing on the mic including me.

I remember when I first started playing Jb people sang in Theatre a lot and it always made the game funnier, and better. I don't see why it would be a bad thing for people to sing
The reason why its micspam because it pretty much annoys people. People don't want someone singing in the mic and just end up muting them. Its just like one playing a soundboard, its funny but it can be pretty annoying. With your suggestion you basically make this into a "Get out of micspam free card". Just imagine what can go wrong with this suggestion accepted.

My answer is a no.

• Indifferent
Reactions: salmon1 and salguod
I don't think singing in theater is necessasarly a bad thing however I'm worried that if we added a rule that allowed/encouraged singing in theater it would be a slippery slope, and could encourage things like "karaoke day" or a karaoke minigame where reds are required to sing in theater which would make reds without a mic essentially KOS, or at least at an extreme disadvantage. All current jailbreak minigames are designed to give reds without a mic an equal chance to suceed, and I'm worried that adding a rule that encourages a singing minigame would change that norm. Maybe if you could come up with a carefully worded rule I would change my mind, but for now this looks pretty shakey.

I don't think singing in theater is necessasarly a bad thing however I'm worried that if we added a rule that allowed/encouraged singing in theater it would be a slippery slope, and could encourage things like "karaoke day" or a karaoke minigame where reds are required to sing in theater which would make reds without a mic essentially KOS, or at least at an extreme disadvantage. All current jailbreak minigames are designed to give reds without a mic an equal chance to suceed, and I'm worried that adding a rule that encourages a singing minigame would change that norm. Maybe if you could come up with a carefully worded rule I would change my mind, but for now this looks pretty shakey.
I just meant as in it should be a valid option, like when the warden says "give a joke, taunt or spray" they could say "give a joke, sing if you feel like it or a taunt or a spray". I understand that there might be a minigame created such as singing day but there would be no way to call a red kos just because they don't have a mic, that's just not how it works.

Reactions: Dr. Meatloaf
This is a pretty good suggestion, but I think if this actually got into the rules there should also be a side note stating that 'singing' should only be done by the reds own voice and not by playing a soundboard/video/mp4, and singing can only be accompanied with other themes such as joke telling or talent show for theatre otherwise it would put the mic-less reds in a disadvantage, also only people on the stage/the one who's currently preforming should be allowed to sing while others should not. If then these add on rules are applied then it would be pretty neat to hear someone rick roll the entire server

Or if I'm just dumb and these rules are already applied then just ignore what I said

Reactions: Dr. Meatloaf
It's allowed as long as it's not really micspammy. We don't really have anything against people who sing on the mic(if it's in theater) because I like to see the community's talented people. Anyways 3-5 seconds is the max ill allow it though the admin that's on can use their own discretion. but the max anyone should do is 7 seconds.
in theater it would be a slippery slope, and could encourage things like "karaoke day" or a karaoke minigame where reds are required to sing in theater which would make reds without a mic essentially KOS, or at least at an extreme disadvantage.
If you want to go it even further than what you just did. Doing theater, in general, makes people who are gagged or muted or simply gagged at an extreme disadvantage. Yet you don't bring it up. I don't see the point in trying to think of negative situations that are HIGHLY unlikely of happening. If you guys force warden just to do "karaoke" then I'm sure the jailbreak team will be happy with just removing the ability to sing on the mic or just banning theater in general.
The reason why its micspam because it pretty much annoys people. The reason why its micspam because it pretty much annoys people. People don't want someone singing in the mic and just end up muting them. Its just like one playing a soundboard, its funny but it can be pretty annoying. With your suggestion you basically make this into a "Get out of micspam free card".
You don't listen to music at all and it shows. Throughout my entire 3 years of playing jailbreak, no one has ever complained about singing (in theater). And + you say it like theater is played all the time. While I have been inactive last week. I recently came back and barely saw theater being played. So that argument is (in my pov) invalid.
Just imagine what can go wrong with this suggestion accepted.
you say this but provide no example of what could go wrong. Dr. Meatloaf gave an example, a poor example but still an example.

No clue what to call this since it was always a thing just hidden. uhh accepted? I guess? ill write it down in the rules somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread