Declined simple jb rule change (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

This is what the rule reads.
"You as Warden can't restrict players from using the chat or force players to type in the chat. (Jeopardy/Kitchen Minigame is the only exception)" . This gives justice to gagged and muted people, but also can lead to annoying situations where people refuse to state dr, or invalidating participating in custom lr specific minigames. I suggest we remove this, or specify the reasons in more depth. It is a quality of life thing, but I think it is a change to be made to make the rules more accurate to what is enforced ingame. If you think otherwise, or agree, but think I missed something, make your reasoning for your point of view clear, for me to understand why this rule is important the way it is now.

• Indifferent
Reactions: salguod
Uhhhh no.
I can give you suggestions on how to counter this.
where people refuse to state dr
Give a time limit. Say "Lead/state your DR at a *insert time"

invalidating participating in custom lr specific minigames.
There are many ways to counter this but its up to you how to deal with this. Just be sure it doesn't break any of the rules.
Now onto the main point : Just no. Why remove this first of all? Why should we force reds to use chat? Its just annoying to deal with. Plus it could lead to some advantages to getting some kills that are REALLY cheap. What if the person is gagged and the warden states that the gagged player needs to type in chat or KOS? Oh wait, he can't type in chat. Also if we remove the rule then we can basically say that all reds cannot use chat for the entire round. I want to see how FUN and EXCITING it is and nah just kidding that's gonna kill jb real fast. We shouldn't really force someone to type in chat. If they don't like it so be it. We shouldn't be going around giving orders to force people to type in chat and neither should we restrict anyone off chat.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: Idiet and Ian
My argument is just to change it slightly as to not be so restrictive, but I included the other vote just incase someone needs it, thanks for input.

Reactions: TRGGB2
TWC, what you read was me trying to elaborate on why that the rule can get annoying, since it only specifies 2 specific minigames. I get players that will tell me an lr like salty spitoon is invalid, or I try to do a custom theater based creativity game, and it is invalid since only in those two games can you force a red to use chat. But in reality, these games are seen as completely valid minigames in my mind, all I was suggesting is to change the rule from (Jeopardy/Kitchen Minigame is the only exception) to be more inclusive, adding these minigames, or just outright making it include LR based creative minigames. (or just to add a thing for theater esque games, and anything else notable you can think of.) Since the rule is so simple and hard to misinterpret, I'm just saying that it doesn't reflect all of the times wardens tend to force people to chat. With drs, I tend to see a lot of wardens force people to type it out, this sometimes makes it so the red dies anyways, even if they take the blue to a minigame, and start playing it.

• Agree
Reactions: Idiet
i can understand what you are trying to say i think we change it because if there are like 4 people and one is gaged and muted then you cant change it but the thing is how can you change it

Reactions: Idiet
Their fault for breaking the rules

a dr always lasts 2 min

what
I completely agree (besides the first one). Forcing a red to talk is just dumb, if a red refuses to state a dr kill them, if you’re talking about reds not talking in trivia to cause a fail round then I might see your point, but yet that just makes blue lazy and boring. Not every rule should favor for the blues and makes red unfun. If a red is unable to speak to state a dr then follow them to a minigame. If someone is gagged and muted (or just doesn’t talk) as a warden you’ll have to take that to mind and do a non speaking minigame. If a speaking needed minigame is the lr then the gagged and muted person will have to contact the blue or a friend to speak for him, if they are unable then, oh well, nothing you can really do.

Since I’m one of the few with no comms I’ll put my word in. The rule seems fine. The only time I’m ever forced to type is jeopardy and kitchen. Things like salty splatoon or theatre, while it severely limits the funny haha potential, it’s possible to do taunts or certain voice lines or sprays to do it. You’ll obviously die every time unless you get pity points, but you can do.. something.
The rule seems fine to me

Honestly I thought this had been denied already, I have no more reason to interfere anymore, The point I was trying to make no longer exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread