Declined Shy Bandit Admin Application (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username
Shy Bandit

Steam ID
STEAM_0:1:183598159

My HLstats profile for USJB 1

Commblock History

Ban History ( I have no bans)

I am applying for USJB 1

General online times and timezone.
My timezone is AST (GMT-4), and I can be generally found online anywhere between 10am and 10pm (my time) most days. This will likely change to 5-10 on weekdays soon as I am going into college, but I will be on as much as I can without jeopardizing my future.

I have a working microphone, I think it's pretty good but I've been told it's not the best.

Previous experience moderating.
I have been put in charge of many discord servers and servers on other games like Minecraft and Roblox, and I moderate them well.
I can be seen as strict sometimes but I rarely make mistakes when it comes to moderation.

Why would I be a good pick?
I will be able to answer calls because I have nothing else to do and also I would often join for no reason other than to have fun. My punishments would usually start at 2 hours like I have seen many other admins use, and repeat offenses would double the sentence. 4 hours, then 8 hours, then 16, after which I would likely get a higher ranking admin involved for the possibility of a perm as they did not learn their lesson. Mass freekillers however will always get a one week ban and permanent guardban if I personally see them do so.

asfgfa.png

Yours comms and overall time on the server is impressive, 17 days is quite a bit of time and you’ve barely been punished (ironically one was for continually insulting TRG, good to know that has changed). Sessions have also been good in August, so good on you there.

This application is incredibly weak. It reads like you spent 15 minutes throwing something together which out much thought. You couldn’t even be bothered to look at other applications to see how we do a stacking system (you could look at TRG’s apps, he does a good job of that, even if you think he should stay a minimod permanently) and just threw something together so generic that it became completely wrong.

As far as your demeanor in game, it leaves a bit to be desired. You have a tendency to nitpick orders and can be really negative towards everything. I'm not entirely sure that you know all the rules well enough to help explain and clear up misunderstandings that are common in jailbreak due to the complexity of the rules given. That is a major requirement and your in game actions along what I've seen/ heard shows a basic understanding that leads to the occasional warning for obvious stuff, but not the understanding that is required. Now, we can't expect you to be perfect on that as everyone on the JB team makes mistakes or will interpret rules differently, but I'm not confident that you're at the right level.

Finally, your reasons for joining the JB team and how you would do your job confuse me. You state that you have nothing better to do than answer calls, yet you immediately contradict this by saying your whole application is a joke. Neither is a great reason, but the later is a terrible reason. In the section on previous experience, you mention that how you admin servers is strict but its ok because you're right. That reeks of hubris to me. In case you weren't aware, the reason that I'm not super well liked is I'm viewed as too strict and a hardass about the rules, instabanning everything that is slightly not in accordance of the rules. I do my best to not fall into that trap, and while sometimes I fail (see my last two human mutes where I was in the wrong about it) I try not be strict because no one likes it. I don't like enforcing nitpicks, I don't like having to pay attention to every little thing to punish minute infractions, and I don't like dealing with the fallout when people think I have. I try not be strict, so I hope that you are fine with my choices and decisions as an admin, because by stating that you are strict but right, it looks like your enforcements will be at my level or more.

Shy likes RCT.png

not a joke application, just an attempt i had no real confidence in. you can decline it now if you want to. people were telling me to apply and i didnt do as much research as i should have.

not a joke application, just an attempt i had no real confidence in. you can decline it now if you want to. people were telling me to apply and i didnt do as much research as i should have.
I guess I can't argue with the man himself
1629924468502.png

• Clever
Reactions: Zee
no i was saying in voice "im not gonna apply" and the joke was that i already had applied and i was just teasing carl, and i specified that when he wasnt getting it. thats what i meant when i said that.

Your behavior towards other applicants has definitely left a mark on who you are as a person. Calling someone a minimod then apply for admin? That has to be some sort of hypocrisy there. Anyways ill get into it.

Your chat is alright. You do have the tendency to tell the admins what to do and it's not a good look. Try doing that less since that gets us all just infuriated
Your sessions are incredible with 17 days played and a minimum of 30 minutes played to a maximum of 7 hours a day. Pretty impressive.
You are an active caller and an active reporter which is also a good thing to be but I just can't see myself +1'ing you after making fun of someone and being toxic towards someone.

Also, I can't really tell if this
is you saying you want to retract your app

I just want to inform everyone that Shy Bandit is quite toxic on the server (imo). I got went trough his chat log and found these (these are from today and yesterday)
18951[/ATTACH]
1629926305465.png
1629926712784.png
shy_bandit_2.png
1629926844743.png

these pictures couldn't be put into the spoiler for some reason

Attachments

• 1629926289560.png
    1629926289560.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 1629926295307.png
    1629926295307.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 1629926302287.png
    1629926302287.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 110
The applicant wanted to retract the application. You may reapply in 1.5 months(October 10).

Declined

• Optimistic
Reactions: Aces and Mark!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread