Declined Shadmark Dodgeball admin application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadmark

- Your name and/or nickname
My nickname is either Shadmark or lordtijger depending on what name i feel like using.

- Your age
i am 21 years old.

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)
Permission was not needed but i asked lighty anyway.

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)
Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:36219469
Steam3 ID: [U:1:72438938]

- Your general online times and your timezone
I am generally online between 08.00 and 22.00, while at the same time i sometimes forget to change my status from offline to online.
My timezone is GMT +1, CET +1.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
Dodgeball server #4. I am willing to look at a broader range if required but i have no interest in anything else except dodgeball, but as i said just now i'm willing to go to any server i am required to go if nobody else is available.

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)
yes, although i never use it since i prefer to typing.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
my only experience is as a minecraft private server owner. except for that i have no experience.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
I have no experience with it, but i love to learn and experiment with new things

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I want to help with doing something against stealers on dodgeball, i'm nearly daily on the server because i love playing dodgeball.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.
I would generally warn the 1st time, and if they don't stop stealing i will first slay them a few times (like 2 or 3 times at the minimum and 5 times at max) and then i'll ban them for at first a day and every time i double the ban. if it is about offensive behavior i'll first warn them if they then don't stop i'll gag/mute them for atleast a few hours to have them cool off and if that doesn't work i'll ban them for a day to make sure he has time to cool off. Blocking i'll treat the same way as stealing. If someone hacks i won't even think and ban for 7 days with the length doubling for every time i caught that person hacking. teamkilling i'll "reward" with a slay on the start of the next round and a resurrection of the person who got teamkilled, if the teamkiller doesn't stop i'll gladly ban him for at start an hour with adding an hour everytime after the offense is commited. This all while restarting from warning first. i can also start recording every time i join so i have proof of the offense if required.

• Funny
Reactions: Bass
Chat
Sessions
Bans
Comms
@Lighty
@Neodimium
@Bab

I am staying neutral for now as today was my first encounter with him. However seemed like a decent person and was following the rules from what i saw. Policies and punishments could do with some tweaking too, but other than that seems to pass the criteria. 0

EDIT: changed vote to +1

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, thinking... I cant recall I sa him before. But, on the other hand, I mostly play on #19, so..
Anyway, looks like you are all day online? That could be "handy".
Yeah, about punishments - you'll get all of that by other admins (primarily Lighty).
And I think, the most important thing is being consistent and fair.
For now, Im neutral.

FYI, in the past he played as Shador, and that's how most people know him. I guess he recently changed his name.

Shador... Sorry, I dont remember him.
But like I said, #19 serv is my mainly playground.

• Funny
i've played with multiple names.
i started with lordtijger.
changed to shador.
and now i use shadmark.

but i've noticed a lot of people used the name shador so i keep it between shadmark and lordtijger now.

I'm sorry it took some time to react to the main topic.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.
I would generally warn the 1st time, and if they don't stop stealing i will first slay them a few times (like 2 or 3 times at the minimum and 5 times at max) and then i'll ban them for at first a day and every time i double the ban. if it is about offensive behavior i'll first warn them if they then don't stop i'll gag/mute them for atleast a few hours to have them cool off and if that doesn't work i'll ban them for a day to make sure he has time to cool off. Blocking i'll treat the same way as stealing. If someone hacks i won't even think and ban for 7 days with the length doubling for every time i caught that person hacking. teamkilling i'll "reward" with a slay on the start of the next round and a resurrection of the person who got teamkilled, if the teamkiller doesn't stop i'll gladly ban him for at start an hour with adding an hour everytime after the offense is commited. This all while restarting from warning first. i can also start recording every time i join so i have proof of the offense if required.
Policies and punishments could do with some tweaking too
Yeah, about punishments - you'll get all of that by other admins (primarily Lighty).

Well, i will follow the main line of what the punishment rules are.
I wrote what i thought would be a good start. :)

How i would handle the next topics:

Spamming: I would first ask them if they can stop the spamming as a warning. If they refuse to stop, i will gag or mute them with a start for 30 minutes and having it go up accordingly.
Offensive language: I will first warn people. If they continue i will gag or mute them depending on how i measure they are ruining game play for the players.
racism: i have 0 tolerance for in real life, so i ain't going to overlook that either. i will want to speak with another admin about that so i know for sure how to react.
Call abuse: i have never really noticed any call abuse... so i will need some guidance with that.
Foreign Language: i am not sure as how to react to it. but i will first warn the person in question.
exploits: i have no real experience or thoughts on how to deal with this. so the moment i see this i will try to contact someone that knows how to deal with this as soon as possible while making a recording of it.

• Funny
Reactions: Neodimium and Bass
With a little advice from bab on how i should set it up i've come up with the following steps for banning people.

Stealing/Blocking:
I will slay 3 times with a message as to why they have been slayed before banning.
1st time: 1 day
2nd time: 3 days
3th time: 1 week
4th time: 2 weeks
5th time: 1 month
6th time: Perm

Spamming:
1 warning before gag/mute.
if they comply with the warning and can keep it cool for a longer period of time (somewhere close to 15 min) i will give a 2nd warning first.
1st time: 12hours
2nd time: 1 day
3th time: 3 days
4th time: 1 week
5th time: 1 month
6th time: perm

offensive language/racism:
1 warning, will gag/mute the same way as spamming.

Foreign Language:
1 Warning before gag/mute the same way as spamming.

Hacking:
no warning, instant ban after recording.

Teamkilling:
If it occures: Resurrection of victim and slaying of guilty person next round.
Will warn first time if nobody died, will ban if the teamkiller doesn't stop after the warning.
1st time: 1 day ban
2nd time: 1 week
3th time: 2 weeks
4th time: 1 month
5th time: 3 months
6th time: perm

I will record on all instances, but especially on hacking since it's harder to detect on some instances.

Reactions: Bass and Neodimium
I’ve had quite a nice experience with Shadmark. He follows and enforces the rules while being on the server, uses calladmin when necessary.

Updated his policies and punishment list after requests from the admins and it looks way better now.

Some cool stuff about shadmark
  • Sessions are amazing
  • Enforces the rules and explaining them to the players
  • Friendly guy
  • Reporting players and uses calladmin
Don’t know what more to say so i will just leave my vote here +1

Good luck!

• Useful
I’ve had quite a nice experience with Shadmark. He follows and enforces the rules while being on the server, uses calladmin when necessary.
Just so I don't repeat what others said. +1

Applicant had asked me to retract their application.
Closed and declined, you may reapply in 1 month.

• Funny
  • Useful
Reactions: Bass and Bab
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread