Server Crashes (1 Viewer)

Ian

Hey Just a heads up. US Jailbreak has crashed thrice on map change, we haven't gotten a map change that hasn't crashed in a bit, I think map change and crashes are correlated.

Server has crashed nearly a dozen times today, originating from sometime last night. As Ian mentioned its mostly caused by map change.

Is hop_v11 still the default map after servercrash?

No it seems to be the map that gets voted for. It still crashes for like 5 mins and refuses connection each time.

Ive waited it out. Seems that the server crashes about once every hour ish, sometimes map change works but its more of a 4 to 1 ratio of crashing to not crashing at each map change. This isn't a regular crash. The received message is connection failed after 4 retries, and based on the fact that many are experiencing the same issue I do not believe it is client side. My guess is the server is taking too long to switch maps or something like that and refusing connection while it does so.

Reactions: Cowboy
i've looked into that issue and it was related to some sql connectivity issue.
the server responsive for sql connections has been restarted and so far it seems to have resolved the issues.

if it still happens let me know and i'll investigate further.

• Happy
Reactions: Ian
i've looked into that issue and it was related to some sql connectivity issue.
the server responsive for sql connections has been restarted and so far it seems to have resolved the issues.

if it still happens let me know and i'll investigate further.
Thanks Kevin! Will do, Sourceban's commblocks were down earlier but all should be good now, I'll send you a message if it is not. Just thought I'd tell you if you were unaware, since people with mutes were suddenly able to speak again.

So, I hopped on and immediately was greeted with a crash on map change. Doesn't seem like what was stated was the primary problem.

I joined near map change a few times this morning and issue still unresolved, figured I’d double check

turns out the issue isnt related to the sql server itself as EU/SGP servers are behaving normal.
the issue is only appearing on US side and is already known of and being worked on - there has been some TCP related networking changes in the internal network which causes mysql traffic to be dropped from time to time.
i'll update this thread once its finally resolved.

This issue has resurfaced, in the form of exceptionally long map changes and the occasional crash (the crashes aren't as common, but the server always takes around 5 minutes to change map and does not kick the population) This is for the first wave of players to get in not me alone. This is much longer than in the past. In the past server load times were around 1 minute or less.

This issue has resurfaced, in the form of exceptionally long map changes and the occasional crash (the crashes aren't as common, but the server always takes around 5 minutes to change map and does not kick the population) This is for the first wave of players to get in not me alone. This is much longer than in the past. In the past server load times were around 1 minute or less.
like i said above a fix is on the way then its resolved.

Comms and teambans have been working again. I think it's finally fixed!

Users who are viewing this thread