Semicolon Backslash

Mapper
Contributor
Hello, I have made a lot of maps, too many in fact and I've been meaning on doing a bunch of housekeeping on some of them. However I want to make sure I am catching all the issues on these maps so that's where y'all come in. Simply leave whatever feedback you have for a map, it can be for any map I've made no matter the age. It can be literally whatever you want, from tiny details such as a misaligned texture that has been bugging you, a new minigame or two, a quality of life change you'd like to see, or just a funny secret. This will likely be the last update ever for some of these maps, so I'd appreciate any and all comments and suggestions.

Here is a list of all maps I am looking for feedback on:

jb_bootcamp_v6_beta
jb_8bit_v6/v6_night
jb_supermario_v16c
jb_stormfront_v6_fix2
jb_spy_vs_spy_v2a (only bugfixes and balancing for this one)
jb_xmf_v3
jb_colors_v1a
jb_carcerem_v4a
jb_oranger_v1c
jb_nightshift_v2

These maps I am not looking to update:

jb_orange_final (replaced by jb_oranger)
jb_orange_event_v3 (replaced by jb_oranger)
jb_toxic_v2 (joke map)

Thank you in advance.

List of Pending changes can be found here

Last edited:
Could you make it so that reds can open the blu side speedrun door in supermario? Some blus just hide in there delaying the round.

Reactions: Semicolon Backslash
Jb_nightshift

-A lot of camera angles are useless, therefore fnaf day isn't as fun as people thought, we need useless cameras shifted to better spots, like overlooking the outside in general, especially outside of cell area, and perhaps a minimap graphic that actually shows you which camera you are clicking on, taking inspiration from fnaf would literally be a good decision for this
1678364507066.png

-Shooting Range score system isn't very descriptive, if i understand it correctly, the number on the left is how much you scored, and the 9 on the right is the max? You should put text next to them saying something like "Player's Score:". "Max Score"
-There could be a cell escape secret added

Jb_Oranger

-Fix seasonal event check not firing bruh
-Make theatre microphone louder

Fix the supermario strafe race buttons
I think Carcerem could use a game or two considering most of the good games are on the other side of cells, maybe where Sweeper is or even the underground section
Run game in stormfront is really cool but I think it should be made easier
Maybe make Frogger on 8-bit easier?
Bootcamps ghost maze stop button teleports blues INTO reds and gets them killed

bootcamp: Place names on all the minigames so we can identify what they are.
supermario: Fix the button to teleport REDs out of the Strafe Race losing area so that it works.
spy vs spy: Fix the dodgeball so that the balls don't fly out of the dodgeball area, and expand the outside area where Soccer is to add a few more minigames. Hopefully doing that would let us re-add this map.
carceram: Add a Climb, possibly in the area where the Mini-Golf area is (perhaps even replacing that minigame).
oranger: Tweak the starting point of Thrun so that REDs can't hide in the corners to avoid the motivator. Also, I would personally love to see the Karts secret from the old Orange added back (but in a new area).
Nightshift: Fix the permanent crit bug in Arena.

I have created a trello page so that you may view the progress of all the pending changes, it has also been edited into the first post.

Honestly I love your maps but I think some more amo spots would be nice in stormfront 8bit and super Mario

• Clever
Reactions: baby
Pretty much everything I wrote down here came from memory. So some things might be wrong

jb_bootcamp_v6_beta:
  • Comment: -
  • The good: -
  • The Bad:
    • Biggest issue with the map is the sightlines the map provides for sniper.
    • Deathcrate is broken.
    • D-day I believe it is called needs a rework because the only way to destroy sentries is with wrap assassins or uber. Pushing the cart is just straight up impossible if you want to live since every single angle will get the player killed. Provide a way for players to sneak up on the sentries.
    • Climb has these retracting platforms which take wayyy too long to pop back out.
jb_8bit_v6/v6_night
  • Comment: The name is very unappealing, yet the map isn't that bad
  • The good:
    • Pipe game
    • Stairway to heaven. Even teaches people that crouching before jumping actually works
  • The Bad:
    • Frogger is a hot and steamy mess.
      • No countdown when the game starts, not always bad. However in this context it is horrible
      • More space needed at the starting area. After walking only a step forward or backwards death is most certain.
      • Might be wrong, but sometimes it feels like the kill trigger doesn't line up with the cars
      • Not being able to jump at the logs section comes off as very unexpected, either a warning would be needed or enable jumping
    • 9 square
    • One side of tic-tac-toe is mirrored and that bothers me.
jb_supermario_v16c
  • The good:
    • Layout is pretty good
  • The Bad:
    • Blue side speedrun can only be opened by a blu, which means it could be used to delay. Now it rarely ever happened from my experience, however I'd prefer if we did not have that
    • The button to teleport the losers from Strafe race does not work, and when trying to stop the game it just teleports all the reds into the death chamber instead of the red side
    • Jump game is too small to properly play in
    • Climb is easy, however when that happens then retractable platforms are the biggest drawback of the minigame, I cannot recall a moment where reds did not have to wait to proceed
    • Obby movable platforms stop after only more than one person stands on it. The spinning X, which I don't know the name of, sometimes changes direction out of nowhere. No idea if this is intentional, however I dislike it.
    • Deathfall has a pretty much permanently open hole which can't be closed. Simple solution would be to have the platform act as a door that can be opened and closed instantly with the use of the green button.
    • Trivia buttons are easy to miss, or rather the borders around the buttons absorb most of the hits.
jb_stormfront_v6_fix2
  • The Bad: -
jb_spy_vs_spy_v2a
  • Comment: Been too long since I last saw that map so I cannot say anything meaningful here
  • The Bad: As far as I remember, this map had a whole lot of very cramped areas that would make bad wardens die 100% of the time, probably why it got removed.
jb_xmf_v3
  • Comment: Haven't played this map a lot
  • The Bad:
    • Cells are stacked too high, nor is there a quick and easy access to enter the cells
    • (Might be faulty memory) Speedrun has an unexpected jump part at the very beginning
    • Confusing where the inside of the armory is defined
jb_colors_v1a
  • The good:
    • Colouring clash my beloved
  • The Bad:
    • Dodgeball is too cramped and doesn't provide a good way to have control over the game
    • Jumprope doesn't kill anymore after it has been activated once
jb_carcerem_v4a
  • Comment: This entire map just reminds me of css
  • The good: ‎ Disco actually being a minigame, BUT...
  • The Bad:
    • Sweeper has a lot of wasted space
    • Line dash(?) should have all bars dissapear the moment the game ends
    • ... not very colourblind friendly
jb_oranger_v1c
  • The good:
    • Admin room
    • Freekill Lord Secret
    • Simple textures pleasant to look at
    • 9 Square (if you know, you know)
  • The Bad:
    • Loophole that lets the reds avoid the motivator
    • That red killroom you land into from either doing the secret or a deathrun trap takes way too long to kill.
jb_nightshift_v2
  • Comment: You probably can't really improve the map without making it entirely different anyway
  • The good:
    • Football/Dodgeball is actually one of my favourite gamemodes in that map because of the sillyness of crazy balls. I want an "extra crazy balls" button that makes them active all the time
  • The Bad:
    • Shooting ground or whatever that minigame is called isn't very fun because of how difficult is is to aim on the targets when aiming isn't even really needed because it is much easier to simply spam the m1 button.
    • While you maybe can't help it, so much of the map is just empty space that can't be used for anything. The massive fields with trees in them and the pool area are the main examples.

Using Dove's Layout But With My Opinion Instead

jb_bootcamp_v6_beta:
  • Comment: - Has 1 frog
  • The good: - Has a rideable tank
  • The Bad:
    • Massive sightlines for rebeling snipers/blu snipers
    • Deathcrate broken
    • D-day hella hard to complete, having to rely on ubers and scout's projectiles
    • For me it's a boring map to play on
jb_8bit_v6/v6_night
  • Comment: I like the idea of a 8bit style game
  • The good:
    • Gem secret
    • Obby
    • Looks pretty appealing
  • The Bad:
    • Frogger is possible but, it's pretty buggy and could use a rework
      • Couple of the car's kill triggers (I believe at the end) are misaligned so, when passing by a car you could die unexpectedly
    • 9 square is doo doo as hell
    • No frogs :(
jb_supermario_v16c
  • Comment: - It's a me a mario
  • The good:
    • Climb
    • Speedrun
  • The Bad:
    • Blu side speedrun can only be opened by blu's so blus can just camp in there
    • Button to teleport looser(s) in strafe race is broken
    • The rotating door at the beginning of obby tends to sometimes switch rotation which most likely kills you if you don't have a god like reaction speed
    • No frogs :(
jb_stormfront_v6_fix2
  • Comment: - Has frogs
    • Somewhat small and crowded in the stormfront building
    • Boring
jb_spy_vs_spy_v2a
  • Comment:Don't remember much
    • You can hit the dodgeballs out of the game killing anybody thats near the outside of the game
    • Crowded
jb_xmf_v3
  • Comment: I think has frog
  • The Bad:
    • Cells are stacked too high
    • Boring
    • 9 crush is a thing
    • Somewhat crowded in the halls
    • Somewhat small map
jb_colors_v1a
  • The good:
    • Coloring clash
    • Has a decent layout
    • Very colorful oooo
  • The Bad:
    • Somewhat crowded
    • Jumprope doesn't kill after its been activated only once
jb_carcerem_v4a
  • Comment: frogs :D
  • The good: ‎-
    • Disco
    • Bench Game
    • Golf
    • Different types of soccer balls
    • Appealing
  • The Bad:
    • Small map
    • Armory doors hurts you if you get stuck
jb_oranger_v1c
  • Comment: - has frogs :D
  • The good:
    • Admin room
    • Freekill Lord Secret
    • Unique 9 square
    • Boss fight
  • The Bad:
    • I don't think i can find anything bad about the map :D
jb_nightshift_v2
  • Comment: i don't know if it has frogs
  • The good:
    • Better than the original
    • Looks appealing
  • The Bad:
    • That game where you have the dodge the rockets (most likely me with a skill issue but, its an annoying ass game :rolleyes:)

on Oranger the secret breaks sometimes and teleports into the wall that would be a nice fix :please:

The first of the ten maps has been updated and quite honestly its probably the most underwhelming of the bunch

And no this isn't all I've been working on, here's a sneak peak of some other things I've been working on.

NOTE: All screenshots were taken in hammer and are WIP, the maps will look much better in-game and when they are finished.

a7d54b2fa58fb36c6dd4e5355d5233e3.jpg

0c3fcb4a9be1f637acd7e26c497cd08e.png

ab1e2f9a869ba00f9beb756bfa542811.jpg

I am also still taking suggestions for all my maps and will continue to throughout this project. If you are curious about the status of a map you can check this trello page.

• Love
Reactions: Michelin
explain that goofy jaguar cube please

goofy ah cube

jb_colors has been updated to v2.

The next maps in the pipeline are likely to be jb_oranger and jb_supermario, but just a reminder it is still not too late to leave suggestions on any of my maps including any that may have already been updated. I have also recently been given permission to work on a large update for jb_underjail so if you have any suggestions for that map feel free to leave them as well.

You can keep up with my progress on all my map updates here.

Users who are viewing this thread