Completed Rules for Dodgeball: 24/7 USADB server (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squall

So I have a recommendation for rules for the 24/7 Dodgeball server.

So the current rules are:
• No rocket stealing or attempting to steal rockets. Only blast it when you get the sentry noise, unless you absolutely have to save yourself from dying. This does not include standing still and when it gets close blasting it. Additionally, going over to the enemy side is an own risk you choose to take. If you do not leave your enemy enough space and they have to steal, it’s not their fault; it’s yours. When an enemy gets to your side, keep in mind that this is not forbidden in itself and is something you have to accommodate for.

• No blocking; leave space for others. What is defined as blocking includes:

- Getting too close to an enemy and blasting the rocket right when they blast.
- Standing right behind an enemy and blasting the rocket right when they blast.
- Not giving your teammates or your enemies enough space and getting up close all the time.

• No orbiting for too long

• No continuously suiciding to give a teammate the rocket by surprise. This is included in our general "no griefing" rule but is added here to make it absolutely clear.

Maybe we can modify that to where it's more clarified.

Rocket Stealing (What is classified as rocket stealing)

Bad Rocket Stealing

-If the rocket is going a certain/slow/avoidable MPH that'd be considered slow or you have enough distance between you in the dodgeball to escape the rocket and you still airblast it; that'd be considered stealing.

-Another form of stealing, standing completely still on the map and you air-blast it because you want to statue and chose to steal from keeping yourself from moving. It's called dodgeball for a reason.

-Of course the blatant form of stealing, going after every rocket even without the sentry alert.

Acceptable Rocket Stealing

-Once a rocket is going a certain/fast/unavoidable speed and you have no distance between you in the dodgeball to escape the rocket and airblast it; that'd be considered staying alive.

-When you statue and your teammate is trying/not trying to kill you with their aggroed rocket and you airblast it.

Body Blocking (What is classified as body blocking)

Bad Body Blocking (What is classified as body blocking)

-Blatantly running into another player that has the rocket and stop them from orbiting the rocket.

Acceptable Body Blocking

-Blocking someone from continuously orbiting the rocket once the RTD (Rolled The Dice) and received "Stripped to Melee"/T-Bodied.

Delaying/Over-Orbiting the Rocket (What is classified as Delaying)
Delaying/Over-Orbiting
- Blatantly orbiting the rocket with the intent of bringing it closer to an opponent.

-Spending more time than needed to fixate yourself to airblast the rocket.

Acceptable Delaying?

- Spending a reasonable amount of time orbiting the rocket to conduct a circle. (airblast the rocket around both players in a tornado-like pattern)

TeamKilling/Tk'ing (What is classified as Tk'ing)

Bad Tk'ing
-Blatantly orbiting the rocket into another player.

-Suiciding before the rocket kills you and re-aggro's to another player.

-Running into your teammates rocket.

No Acceptable Tk'ing

Spamming Voice/Text Chat (What is classified as Spamming Voice or Text Chat)

Spamming Voice
- Holding your microphone button in chat/Have voice activation on and playing unwanted noises through your microphone.

- Having a poor microphone and using it whilst being told to mute/adjust your microphone by an Admin/Respectable player.

Spamming Text Chat
-Sending an unnecessary amount of messages with the same content over a short period of time.

-Clearing the message board with one message and it have no content whatsoever.

Harrassing Messages/Disrespect (What is classified as Harassment/Disrespect)

- Commenting someone with no regards to their feelings.

- Using foul language against another player, whether it's inappropriate or utterly profane.

- Admin's/Respectable player's alike will correct you if there's blatant disregard to understand other's feelings.

Please add any suggestions/comments in regards to possibly perfecting the understanding of what rules that needs to be incorporated. I'll think more into it, but this is all I could come up with as of now.

Your pal,
Squall.:)

-When you statue and your teammate is trying/not trying to kill you with their aggroed rocket and you airblast it.
-Spending more time than needed to fixate yourself to airblast the rocket.
Can you clarify these two?

-Sending an unnecessary amount of messages with the same content over a short period of time.
Isn't there a system for this already this(correct me if I'm mistaken)? It stops you from spamming too many messages in a period of time. Also, what would be considered a short period of time for spam?

Bad Rocket Stealing
-If the rocket is going a certain/slow/avoidable MPH that'd be considered slow or you have enough distance between you in the dodgeball to escape the rocket and you still airblast it; that'd be considered stealing.
Maybe you could explain a bit more on this. Like you could say that if you don't hear a sentry beep it isn't yours. If you do it is yours?

Bad Body Blocking (What is classified as body blocking)

-Blatantly running into another player that has the rocket and stop them from orbiting the rocket.
You should also add "Getting too close to an enemy and blasting the rocket right when they blast." in there as bad rocket stealing. Since, that is also considered body blocking.

Other than that this is a pretty good suggestion. It could have a few more things added, but this set of rules you made covers the main core. It would be nice if the current set of rules getting replaced with this set of rules after this one has a few tweaks done to it. Other than that good job!

Sidenote: Nice suggestion Squall!

Isn't it kind of common sense? You just pretty much expanded on wording that's kind of unnecessary or too much.

Overall, I see no reason to clarify the rules even more than it already is. I'm pretty sure people can understand the rules at the moment. But, expanding on the team-killing/no griefing section more would help newer players.

@YourBiggestFan,

For your first question involving Acceptable stealing, if the rocket is coming at your teammate and he goes to orbit and it could make contact with you.
For your second question involving Delaying, Luigi/Crypt normally slaps all players once they orbit it too long, that's what I meant.
For your third involving Spam, I can't making ruling on this. It's all suggestions for the admins to pick apart and adjust as necessary. I can't determine that.
For your fourth involving Bad Rocket Stealing, For instance someone standing still or not paying attention and sees the rocket coming for them and they airblast it rather than avoiding the rocket if it isn't theirs; that'd be considered stealing.
For your fifth involving Body Blocking, that'd be a great addition. I can't really enforce these; their just suggestions. ;P

Isn't it kind of common sense? You just pretty much expanded on wording that's kind of unnecessary or too much.

@Capri Overall, I see no reason to clarify the rules even more than it already is. I'm pretty sure people can understand the rules at the moment. But, expanding on the team-killing/no griefing section more would help newer players.

Providing in depth understanding for the rules helps people define what rocket stealing is, referring to the new people and even the minges that choose to find loopholes through all the rules. People that claim that they want to get banned, yet always finds a loophole from getting expunged from the server should be eliminated. This is a constant issue that NEEDS to be handled if we are going to have strict ruling on what can and cannot happen within the server.

Also, how can you say that people can understand the rules if we have Admins constantly busy on the server? That's ignorant of you to say if you're inactively assessing the server's current state. Additionally, I believe that creating a more scenario-based understanding of the rules would better engulf the player with future knowledge of following the rules. You shouldn't take a slay if you aren't sure if you Body Blocked, Tk'd or stole on accident. I believe that's an unreasonable way of enforcement. So that's why I'd clarify the rules.

Thanks for the feedback.

Also, how can you say that people can understand the rules if we have Admins constantly busy on the server?

People, as in the rule breakers:

1. People don't bother to read the rules (most people who are new don't even check the rules on the website; which leads to not understanding the rules completely).

2. People don't bother to ask the admin why they have been punished (or ask "what is stealing?"). They either stay quiet or complain that the admin is shitty.

3. If they don't understand, they would ask someone on the server or the admin.

4. People who purposely break rules to piss off the players and admins.

I believe that creating a more scenario-based understanding of the rules would better engulf the player with future knowledge of following the rules.
I guess that's useful in certain scenarios as to when someone is making a ban appeal or enforcing the rules when the admin isn't present in the server.

You shouldn't take a slay if you aren't sure if you Body Blocked, Tk'd or stole on accident. I believe that's an unreasonable way of enforcement.
That's the part where the admin could be able to warn the player a couple times before preforming an action (such as; slay, slap, kick, etc.). The admin could politely warn the player, "make sure you don't go close to <playername>". "Try to stay away from players or the middle of the map so you don't steal out of being 'scared'".
If you stole, team-killed, or body blocked by accident, then listen to the admins warning and try not to do it again.

Edit: I'm not really against the clarifying the rules a bit; I just want to know why it's necessary in certain scenarios. Newcomers don't know the website, they have to learn when an admin is present or another person who's had the experience being slain or seen someone else that had been slain. (In case the newcomer decided to agree to the rules without fully reading them when joining the server).

Some people who are new to dodgeball don't know what stealing is. So do not steal is kinda for people who already know what stealing is. Explaining it to where people can understand what stealing, body blocking, etc is would better benefit admins having to explain it.

Similar, but why hasn't there been any altering in the rules? An admin already addressed this issue.:rolleyes: mine isn't quite as to the point, but more so a bottom line understanding of the rules.

I'd lust like to point out the fact that blocking in dodgeball includes a lot more than just bodyblocking. Bodyblocking gives the impression that it's just not allowed to touch other players, but blocking extends to getting too close for them to do what they want with their rockets. I think you might want to make that a bit more apparent.

As for the thread Madact linked, I think that the changes you pointed out there do not only pertain to USDB and thus I'd consider merging these efforts to clarify the rules. The only difference I can think of right now is that EUDB has a different stance on map abuse iirc.

On a few other things: You name some great examples for where the rules apply. But what I'd do to stop argumentative players (I get those quite regularly) is state that for ex. stealing is forbidden and only allowed in cases explicitly described. Then I'd give the examples of where and when the rule applies and make 100% clear that they are examples and only there to help the player understand, and that they don't necessarily cover every last corner case.

PS: @Madact, this and this aren't exactly the same, one focuses on the spam in chat, the other focuses on the content of the rules. o_O

Reactions: Squall
Right so since those new improved arugement proof rules are on the other thread can @Squall head over to that thread and input something in that isn't too long for me to read?

Cause I'm honestly getting confused right now on how it's different xD Apparently one is about spam in chat which is a general rule?

Which really, it's not about USA DB, it's about all servers. If so, can you just type in sort below what you want changing in the spam chat rule? Thanks.

If I do get that opportunity, I will need to do that on Monday evening. I'm kinda 150 miles away from home.:bbtcat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread