READ ME Rule explanations for newbies. (1 Viewer)

Hellboy

Hello everyone. As it is now, it seems like half of the players (young players, mostly) find it difficult to get the rules explained, so I decided to make this, to make it easier for all players, if they find something difficult to understand.

Camping (Also a small suggestion in this)
Firstly, camping as hale, is not allowed at all. You are of course allowed to wait, about 5-10 seconds, before it becomes ''camping''. It is delaying map-time and you, as the hale, are the only one everyone is waiting for.

And here is where my suggestion comes in. I think camping as regular players should be forbidden, if you're the last one alive. ((Except if you're like an engi because then you can have built a proper base)) but more like spies who are extremely useless, by just going around, using dead-ringer, picking up health packs, repeating and it's wasting a whole lot of time.

Time wasting / map-delaying
Time wasting and- or map-delaying is when you waste time on purpose. E.g: You're the last scout alive, and you just run around doing nothing but jumping around. It can take a while, because Scouts have the ability to double jump ((3 and 4 jumps)) on top of stuff, if they have the right equipment, and therefor can keep running forever. It's not directly against the rules, but if it takes more than 3-4 minutes, I'd take actions.

It is the same, for being the hale. If you're being friendly, and just looking at the last player, without doing anything. That's even worse, and that is directly disobeying the rules.

Being friendly
Being friendly as hale, is directly disobeying the rules. It's like what I wrote above, wasting time and delaying map, just to get over it. Being friendly as a hale can and will piss off a lot of people, even worse for those who lack of patience.

Point-farming / point-hunting
Point-farming is when, (refering to rule nr. 2 and 3) you allow the last player alive (on regular player team) to apply a lot of damage to you, just so that he can get a lot of points. It's also a direct offense towards the server rules.

Pretending to be AFK to avoid dealing with being hale
This is like rule number 4, this can be a huge point-farming for everyone, and it's annoying because when you're not AFK, you can just play.. If you don't want to become hale do !resetq.

When is it spamming?
In my opinion, you start spamming after repeating the same message over 3 times. Just like when there's a map change, people tend to start spamming the living hell out of the chat, by saying e.g: 444444 IF U TAKE 4 U COOL BRAH like copy-pasting it multiple times. This is again, not allowed.

I hope this cleared up some of it, and if you have some questions, feel free to ask.

• Agree
Reactions: Brick
I have a question: how are you going to get the newbies from the server to see this?

Secondly, walking around as Spy being useless is not camping. It can't be considered as such. But it is no stretch to call it and punish it equally to teaming, because you're not doing anything to contribute to the team and just wasting time. Same with Scout, it is directly against the rules, because you're not doing anything so you're wasting time.

Hm, there should be some kind of auto-message saying like: Check out the rules on the forums, panda-community.com or something like that.

And what I ment with the spy is, a lot of people is camping as a spy, and when they gets noticed, they use either cloak and dagger, or jump down from roofs and use dead-ringer to be invisible, which can take hella lot time.
And when you run as scout, e.g. shooting with pistol or smth like that (a lot of people do that)

Hm, there should be some kind of auto-message saying like: Check out the rules on the forums, panda-community.com or something like that.

And what I ment with the spy is, a lot of people is camping as a spy, and when they gets noticed, they use either cloak and dagger, or jump down from roofs and use dead-ringer to be invisible, which can take hella lot time.
And when you run as scout, e.g. shooting with pistol or smth like that (a lot of people do that)
Yeah, like people gave a fuck about rules that are literally printed into the server chat, let alone visiting a website. When you join a server for some fun, you should not have to agree to the entire legislation of the united states of america just to play. It is clear enough when edge cases are defined internally among the staff. There is no way to force people to read rules, there are ways to force them to follow them however, and that is called active administration.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, like people gave a fuck about rules that are literally printed into the server chat, let alone visiting a website. When you join a server for some fun, you should not have to agree to the entire legislation of the united states of america just to play. It is clear enough when edge cases are defined internally among the staff. There is no way to force people to read rules, there are ways to force them to follow them however, and that is called active administration.

Anyways, if someone decides to go check the forums (hopefully) they'll read this. Or if people ask, I can tip them to go read them here.

You got a good point, but here is a suggestion:If a player gets banned for braking the rules maybe in his ban report thing you can leave them a link to this.So they can check out for what they got banned and maybe they wont do it again.

That is not needed as people don't get banned without prior warnings - unless it is too obvious to warn for (hacking, camping for 20 minutes, telling people to commit suicide, that stuff).

Reactions: stalker455655
That is not needed as people don't get banned without prior warnings - unless it is too obvious to warn for (hacking, camping for 20 minutes, telling people to commit suicide, that stuff).

That was just a suggestion, i am trying to share my ideas with you.

You got a good point, but here is a suggestion:If a player gets banned for braking the rules maybe in his ban report thing you can leave them a link to this.So they can check out for what they got banned and maybe they wont do it again.
Issue still stands unfortunately. It's not that people don't have plenty of access to the ruleset. It is that people simply don't care to read a long paragraph, hence I am still under the opinion that mods like Jailbreak, which need insane amount of moderation and rule regulation, do not work.

It's like throwing someone 50 instruction manuals with the same content alongside their new TV. That's 50 things they will never read, and they would not have read it either if it only had been one.

Reactions: 1 person

Users who are viewing this thread