Pending RTD - "Snail" (1 Viewer)

Roar

Donator
Evening all,

Today I noticed on VSH that a Heavy, who shall remain unnamed, was moving a lot faster than he should be while spinning up his minigun. He had the Brass Beast equipped so it was quite suspicious. The player in question is a regular on the server so I immediately didn't suspect him of cheating - as I hadn't seen it in any previous rounds, or after that round.

I noticed he has just rolled 'Snail' on RTD, which normally makes the player move slower, but I believe there is a bug with either Heavy, or just the Brass Beast, which makes the Heavy move faster when spinning his minigun under the effects of Snail. I will attempt to test this tomorrow and record a demo to attach here as I was unable to before, but if it is possible for anyone else to look into this without a recording, that would be fantastic.

Unless the player was cheating, and I'm just being an idiot then... oops.

I will take a look at it tomorrow.

I've never experienced that before, but I will definitely keep an eye out for it, as well as test it myself if possible.

This also happens on Deathrun, if we enable weapons. When the heavy spins up, then looses the snail effect, his speed is set programmatically. He can then spin up walk at the speed of just normal running.

You can test this. Go to duel, spin up, "sm_forcertd @me Snail 2" and let it expire, then run.

Here is the demo I recorded today.

Attachments

• snailexploit.dem
    1.4 MB · Views: 249

Users who are viewing this thread