RTD for dodgeball (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pricholas

I wanted to hear from other active dodgeball players about their thoughts and opinions on the current RTD system.
Personally I think dodgeball is more fun, or at least less stale, with roll the dice. But the current system feels like its not made for dodgeball. Some rolls are goofy and are completely fine the way they are, like big head or dispenser spawn. Other rolls are ridiculously overpowered such as fire breath and toxic.
I know some of the timers have been nerfed, and toxic had its range reduced. But this doesnt account for the rolls that do absolutely nothing good for dodgeball.
My suggestion is a seperate RTD for dodgeball, one that the community needs to vote for the rolls allowed.
Thoughts?

DB already has a "separate" rtd since rolls that have literally 0 effect have been removed and some rolls have been nerfed. You just need to make some more nerfs/buffs using your experience you got since the new RTD got deployed.

The only roll that should be removed imo is necrosmash because of its lag (not 100% sure).

• Agree
Reactions: Bab and Wolfgang
100% with Klay on this one. although I rarely use it myself, it adds a nice bit of diversity and occasional laugh. Necrosmash lags older machines, other than that I don't see the need to change any of the other rolls.

Nothing more fun than watching half a team run amock in panic because someone rolled firebreath

I have noticed the necro smasher does have an initial stutter, and can cause knockback on unsuspecting players, even kill if you dont move out of the way.
We have two rolls that result in instant death, explode and firework, I think there should only be one.
Toxic and sentry rolls are fine in their current state.
Fire breath is my biggest concern, because of the time, knockback, and two-shot kill damage.
I found that godmode can be bypassed by toxic, and splash damage from nukes, maybe even other sources.

I have noticed the necro smasher does have an initial stutter, and can cause knockback on unsuspecting players, even kill if you dont move out of the way.
We have two rolls that result in instant death, explode and firework, I think there should only be one.
Toxic and sentry rolls are fine in their current state.
Fire breath is my biggest concern, because of the time, knockback, and two-shot kill damage.
I found that godmode can be bypassed by toxic, and splash damage from nukes, maybe even other sources.

I personally think having 2 insta-kill rolls is just fine-- rtd imo should be a risk-reward kind of thing.

• Agree
Reactions: Poopface
My message is beyond late, but anyways. Roll the dice is a bit... well annoying in almost all cases. Cheap kills for people who spam rtd. It can be funny in some cases. Strange deaths and players dodging Mario balls while juggling the rocket screaming "no no no no oh bananas" Note. My example is not what they say. Dispensers spawns are great. We're just playing defend the dispenser as the opponent team tries to blow it up. Roll the dice is great and all. Well sometimes. Getting blown up by a fireball directly in the face is not really enjoyable. Or timebomb where you have a chance to kill the entire enemy team. Or die by a rocket going up your bee hind when you're not looking. Dying because you rolled explode, dying because you rolled fireworks, and dying because you're on drugs. Either way I wouldn't mind if roll the dice was removed. Can't say the same for other players though. It's great to feel lucky when you get that dispenser spawn. I like dispensers, but besides that. I'm going to throw my onion opinion out here and say that. Do whatever you want to roll the dice. I find it both annoying and enjoyable. Probably it should stay, but maybe not enough players are replying to this. We still don't have Dark Angel, Plumpy, Squall, True Demos, Dark Arceus, Joos, Axia, and other players who plays dodgeball around a lot. (I have no idea how to tag someone to this)... So it should remain undecided until enough long term players have a say on this suggestion.

Now for a quote that most people might know.

~ Gambling is a disease. You should stop while you still can. ~

•~• :vanilla2: This concludes my onion opinion on this suggestion.

Reactions: Pricholas
~So I decided to post my onion opinion on every roll I could think and decide which to remove in this suggestive suggestion~

Explode! ~ Boo! That's what you get for Gambling. Keep. Unlucky roll.

Fireworks ~ At least it's pretty. Makes you want to put some more thought in the truth of gambling eh?

Keep. Unlucky roll.

Dispenser Spawn ~ Amazing and cute! I don't know. I just happen to like a tiny dispenser sitting around in the middle of a dodgeball fight. Also defend the dispenser is not bad.

Keep. Dispensers are cute.

Sentry Spawn ~ Easy to dodge. Unless it's placed in front of you. Then jump to let it boost you out.

Keep. Lucky roll. It's easy to dodge and avoid. Can get maybe one kill which is better than nothing.

Necrosmash! ~ Died twice to it. I would almost call it "friendly fire" if someone rolls it behind you, or maybe I'm just oblivious to the fact that someone was behind me?
Remove. Can be used to team kill.

Vital ~ Was it the sandvich? Gives a lot of health which makes you a juggernaut. Until you fall to your death, catch three rockets with your face, nuked twice, get hit by a train, suicide, get slayed for stealing, alt f4, getting scammed in a middle of an intense fight, pressing K, typing in console kill thinking you'll get free hats, typing in concole explode thinking you'll get free unusuals, typing in console quit accidentally, and so much more!

Keep. Lucky roll.

No gravity ~ Great for getting sneaky places. Not so great at dodging.

Keep. Let's you explore heights like never seen before. Reduces chances of airblasting rocket at such heights.

All the gravity ~ Well you can't jump for a while, but you sure can still circle.

Remove. Useless.

Drugged ~ Gambling is a diseased addiction. Stop while you can. Also extremely trippy.

Remove. Epilepsy warning.

Bad sauce ~ Horrifying. No one likes someone urinating on. With cuts flowing with blood. You can get sick.

Keep. Balance between unlucky and lucky.

Enhanced speeds ~ High speeds circles. Useless in CIRCLES and statues.

Keep. No harm.

Timebomb ~ We do not support terrorism. It's just for the penta kill okay?

Keep. Great kill feed in exchange for your life.

Firebomb ~ We do not support terrorism, nor acts of violent protesting. It's just for the memes and giggles.

Keep. To scare people who are too lazy to read.

Blind ~ It's just a blind fold, and it's only temporary. Just listen for the rocket and time it with sound.

Undecided.

Invisibility ~ A great way to scare your friends! Also a great way to, team kill, steal, bodyblock, and kill.

Undecided.

Resistance thingy ~ It's almost like god mode. Except tou can't walk on instant death floors.

Remove. There can only be one God Mode.

God mode ~ A cheap way to end a one vee one. Open potential for stealing with cqc.
You still can die, but to less things.
Keep. Lucky roll.

Mario Balls ~ ABSOLUTELY CHEAP KILLS.

Remove. Too powerful.

Toxic ~ At least it's not a guarantee instant killer like the old toxic. Still twenty seconds is enough time to kill six players.

Possible nerf may be in place. Still pretty powerful. Reduce timer may be a good idea.

Cursed ~ Umm? What does it do?

Undecided.

Eye for an eye ~ Prevents you from killing anyone because if you do you die too. Circles simulator.

Possible nerf may be in place. It could force people to circle for the timer to cool down.

Tiny doot ~ Potential possibility for stealing. Tiny and adorable pyros.

Keep. Cute! Although stealing could be a problem.

Low health ~ Boo! You didn't get anything nor did get to die. Just increase your chances in death.

Keep. Slightly unlucky roll.

Strip to melee ~ Circling simulator 2017.

Keep. A very unfortunate roll. Could potentially delay the game.

Frozen ~ Do not let it switch. Do not let it switch! Some one please protect me nowowwow! Do not. Let it swiii-iiitch! I do not- want to die nowowwow!

Keep. Unlucky roll.

Burning ~ Oh boy. You're on fire. You don't even take damage.

Remove. Doesn't do its job.

Forced taunt ~ Dance the rocket away.

Keep. Unlucky roll.

Snail ~ You're a statue main now.

Keep. Unlucky roll.

~I believe I missed some rolls. You know... a die only had six sides. Now explain to me how can the die have so many effects?~

•~• :vanilla2: This concludes my roll the dice list.

I'm not an active player on DB but I play it time to time.

I was just wondering if the roll "Fire Breath" was able to be airblasted by the enemy? Has anyone actually tried this?

If we don't find anyone with a definite answer to my theory, we should definitely try this on the server because it is quite interesting.

Damnit.

Well that would have been cool.

@klay, you are the guy who would know, is it possible to make the fire breath projectile "reflectable?" This would help against one of the cheaper ways to die.

~So I decided to post my onion opinion on every roll I could think and decide which to remove in this suggestive suggestion~

Fireworks ~ At least it's pretty. Makes you want to put some more thought in the truth of gambling eh?

Keep. Unlucky roll.

Dispenser Spawn ~ Amazing and cute! I don't know. I just happen to like a tiny dispenser sitting around in the middle of a dodgeball fight. Also defend the dispenser is not bad.

Sentry Spawn ~ Easy to dodge. Unless it's placed in front of you. Then jump to let it boost you out.

Keep. Lucky roll. It's easy to dodge and avoid. Can get maybe one kill which is better than nothing.

Necrosmash! ~ Died twice to it. I would almost call it "friendly fire" if someone rolls it behind you, or maybe I'm just oblivious to the fact that someone was behind me?

Vital ~ Was it the sandvich? Gives a lot of health which makes you a juggernaut. Until you fall to your death, catch three rockets with your face, nuked twice, get hit by a train, suicide, get slayed for stealing, alt f4, getting scammed in a middle of an intense fight, pressing K, typing in console kill thinking you'll get free hats, typing in concole explode thinking you'll get free unusuals, typing in console quit accidentally, and so much more!

Keep. Lucky roll.

Keep. Let's you explore heights like never seen before. Reduces chances of airblasting rocket at such heights.

All the gravity ~ Well you can't jump for a while, but you sure can still circle.

Remove. Useless.

Drugged ~ Gambling is a diseased addiction. Stop while you can. Also extremely trippy.

Bad sauce ~ Horrifying. No one likes someone urinating on. With cuts flowing with blood. You can get sick.

Keep. No harm.

Firebomb ~ We do not support terrorism, nor acts of violent protesting. It's just for the memes and giggles.

Blind ~ It's just a blind fold, and it's only temporary. Just listen for the rocket and time it with sound.

Undecided.

Invisibility ~ A great way to scare your friends! Also a great way to, team kill, steal, bodyblock, and kill.

Undecided.

Resistance thingy ~ It's almost like god mode. Except tou can't walk on instant death floors.

God mode ~ A cheap way to end a one vee one. Open potential for stealing with cqc.
Keep. Lucky roll.

Remove. Too powerful.

Toxic ~ At least it's not a guarantee instant killer like the old toxic. Still twenty seconds is enough time to kill six players.

Possible nerf may be in place. Still pretty powerful. Reduce timer may be a good idea.

Undecided.

Eye for an eye ~ Prevents you from killing anyone because if you do you die too. Circles simulator.

Possible nerf may be in place. It could force people to circle for the timer to cool down.

Low health ~ Boo! You didn't get anything nor did get to die. Just increase your chances in death.

Frozen ~ Do not let it switch. Do not let it switch! Some one please protect me nowowwow! Do not. Let it swiii-iiitch! I do not- want to die nowowwow!

Keep. Unlucky roll.

Keep. Unlucky roll.

Keep. Unlucky roll.

~I believe I missed some rolls. You know... a die only had six sides. Now explain to me how can the die have so many effects?~

This is just an idea on what to change anyways. @klay you apparently disagree. Can you tell me why?

Keep. Unlucky roll.

Keep. Lucky roll.

Remove. Useless.

Keep. No harm.

Undecided.

Undecided.

Keep. Lucky roll.

Remove. Too powerful.

Undecided.

Keep. Unlucky roll.

Keep. Unlucky roll.

Keep. Unlucky roll.

~I got three more~

Death shout ~ Makes your yells for medic a whole lot more annoying. Not only does it kill you it also lags your game in the process.

Maybe do something with the lag?

Beacon ~ You have circles around you now.
Undecided.

Outline ~ Makes you ten times more likely to be killed.
Keep. Might be a good targeting back spike practice.

•~• :vanilla2: This concludes ny reply on my onion opinion on each and every roll.

This is just an idea on what to change anyways. @klay you apparently disagree. Can you tell me why?

Your choice of colors is really not ergonomic for the eyes.

Necrosmash only kills you if you're directly below the hammer and just blows you away if you're just a bit misaligned. I find it hard to believe that it teamkills a lot. The only reason that would justify removing the roll is the lag it's causing on weaker computers.

Remove. Useless.
The ability to jump actually matters to a big portion of the players. It also looks hilarious when people with this roll spam jump.

Trippy? Yes. Epilepsy? No chance as there are no flashing lights of any kind. It's just a negative roll that makes it harder to play the game.

I presume you mean PowerPlay. Why can there be only one god mode, but two insta-death roll? Wait it's not even the same since it's only "almost like god mode". They have completely different visual effects and, if you're right, behave differently.

Remove. Too powerful.
@klay, you are the guy who would know, is it possible to make the fire breath projectile "reflectable?" This would help against one of the cheaper ways to die.
I presume you mean Fire Breaths. I find it really easy to avoid these balls and I'm always amazed how others get hit by it when they are actually trying to get hit. That said, it is possible to have the fireballs be reflectable.

It was nerfed very hard, why do you want to nerf it even more? You practically need to point blank hug someone to damage them and even then they can easily juke you to gain some distance. I actually get more people who preferred the instakill version.

Uh, why does it need nerfing? If you orbit too much, you're breaking the rules. You took this risk when using rtd, now you have to take the risk when airblasting the rocket. It might as well prevent you from getting cheap kills (switch, not mine, etc.).

I personally wouldn't mind keeping some of the harmless rolls. Although their effect on gameplay is almost zero, they are visible and it is something people can joke about. Having these rolls also somewhat reduces the chances of having a streak of chaotic rolls (like 3 sentries in a row, or the new damaging ones).
I don't like repeating myself for the 2nd time, but oh well.

Outline ~ Makes you ten times more likely to be killed.
Keep. Might be a good targeting back spike practice.
What? Everybody automatically focuses on the guy with fancy lines?

What's wrong? It's just a few colors... well. Flashy bright ones.

•~• :vanilla2: This concludes my reply.

Your choice of colors is really not ergonomic for the eyes.

Necrosmash only kills you if you're directly below the hammer and just blows you away if you're just a bit misaligned. I find it hard to believe that it teamkills a lot. The only reason that would justify removing the roll is the lag it's causing an weaker computers.

The ability to jump actually matters to a big portion of the players. It also looks hilarious when people with this roll spam jump.

Trippy? Yes. Epilepsy? No chance as there are no flashing lights of any kind. It's just a negative roll that makes it harder to play the game.

I presume you mean PowerPlay. Why can there be only one god mode, but two insta-death roll? Wait it's not even the same since it's only "almost like god mode". They have completely different visual effects and, if you're right, behave differently.

I presume you mean Fire Breaths. I find it really easy to avoid these balls and I'm always amazed how others get hit by it when they are actually trying to get hit. That said, it is possible to have the fireballs be reflectable.

It was nerfed very hard, why do you want to nerf it even more? You practically need to point blank hug someone to damage them and even then they can easily juke you to gain some distance. I actually get more people who preferred the instakill version.

Uh, why does it need nerfing? If you orbit too much, you're breaking the rules. You took this risk when using rtd, now you have to take the risk when airblasting the rocket. It might as well prevent you from getting cheap kills (switch, not mine, etc.).

I don't like repeating myself for the 2nd time, but oh well.

What? Everybody automatically focuses on the guy with fancy lines?
~I'm going to onion opinion this~

Outline ~ It doesn't make you easy target. It's just there. I just sometimes want to kill the outlined person for some reason...

Mario balls ~ are easy to dodge. Unless they're focused on you and are just a few feet away from you.

I wouldn't mind if toxic sheds a few seconds off. Still effective if you're closer.

Rolls that do not do anything to or for the player. Is eh. Kind of not needed. I guess it can be used as a neutral type of roll.

Eye for an eye ~ Yeah I guess so. Risk for reward.

Powerplay ~ I forgot what it was called... I kind of want a higher risk for trying to roll the die. That's probably not what most people want. Just an onion opinion of mine.

Drugged ~ It hurts worse than my flashy comments.

All the gravity ~ Change my opinion. Keep.

Necrosmasher ~ You can still very much team kill with it. Not as common. Although it's very much possible.

•~• :vanilla2: This concludes my onion opinion on a onion opinion on my own onion opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread