Accepted Roz's application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roz

- Your age
I am 20 years old.

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)
Permission was not necessary.

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)
[U:1:83695765]

- Your general online times and your timezone
It really depends on a variety of factors, although I usually play in the evening hours [5PM-9PM UTC+01:00]. There are, of course, times where I decide to hop on the server early, or late. It all comes down to the amount of work I have to put into my daily university life.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
Freak Fortress #13

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)

I do have a microphone, yet do not particularly like to use it, mostly because I find text chats to be more effective at conveying a clear message.
- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
I used to be an admin on a popular polish Jailbreak server back in the day, which was run by a server network/forum GamesBoard. As time progressed, I became more involved with said server, to the point of governing it entirely, and becoming a head admin/the 'caretaker' as we used to call it. A couple of years into my work, I have taken over the rest of the GamesBoard TF2 servers, as a request of the owner of the site itself. My job was both to moderate over the game, make sure that players are actually enjoying it, and to recruit new, capable admins to help me with my work.
I also liked to play with various plugins, mainly setting up things that would increase the numbers of recurring players, such as Store mods with custom content. Servers events were also a thing I liked to organise with the help of my admins.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
I do, quite a lot, in fact. I would have to shake some of the rust off after a couple of years of absence from the TF2 scene, but that is not a problem.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
It all depends on whether you want an experienced, honest and just player to join your ranks. What I can offer is a serious approach to the position, as well as a great availability of my 'services'. In fact, in about a week, my mid-terms will be over, leaving me with a couple of weeks of free time, during which I am sure to be even more active than usual.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.
Ah, the 'fun' part. Let's start with the basics.

As an admin, I was always strict, yet understanding. This quality translated well into my ability to moderate things. Let me give you some examples.

First off, the major offenses.
Things like hacking, or repeated exploiting of the game which could result in the server losing players, is dealt with a quick and sweet permanent ban in the case of the former offense, and a ban depending on the severity, in the latter.

With that out of the way, the offenses that are much more common, yet still disrupt the flow of the game/the atmosphere of the server. Things like insults, micspamming, repeated chat spamming and/or other forms of extreme toxicity will result in a written warning, usually via the chat. If the offense repeats itself, then either a mute, or a gag, depending on which offense we're taking into consideration, will ensue. I tend to give lenient (usually ~30 minute) punishments at first. The next time that very same person breaks the rule, the punishment will be increased accordingly.

Lastly, the least disruptive, yet by far the most common cases of breaking the rules. On Freak Fortress 2, there are a couple of server-specific rules that everyone must follow. Simple things like the lack of camping as a boss, or going into the spectator 'team' when AFK. In my opinion, a simple timebomb command (to 'encourage') a camping boss will be enough, as well as a kick for repeated AFKing of a certain player.

But enough of the formalities. How do I like to perform my duties?
I'm the kind of admin that likes to be stealthy, and watch the situation unfold, taking all things into consideration before stepping in with a punishment. On my servers I loved to use a web console to deal with toxicity, or to quickly take care of a 'freekilling' person on the jailbreak server. Going undercover by changing my name or via the use of certain plugins/commands is also the thing I like to do.

Thanks for reading!,
- Roz

First of all,nice application!

You sure have put a lot of effort in it!
Nice punishments section,well explained and also complete...

Sadly,I don't remember playing with you so even doe I want to give you a +1 but I have to see you playing with me twice or three times to give you a real opinion.

Staying NEUTRAL on this for now.

Haven't been much on FF2... not sure who you are so ... neutral.

hopefully no one will mind this but i will just put the correct steamID here STEAM_0:1:41847882

i might be wrong but look at the date he got his comm ban it says 12-28-17

What I posted is in fact the correct Steam32 ID. As for the gag, it was for using caps lock once to type in something like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA", as a reaction to what happened during the time on the server. I didn't dispute it because I felt like it was a waste of time, as the block lasted for an hour. I still do find it a bit outrageous that I got punished for posting one message in caps. Cheers.

What I posted is in fact the correct Steam32 ID. As for the gag, it was for using caps lock once to type in something like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA", as a reaction to what happened during the time on the server. I didn't dispute it because I felt like it was a waste of time, as the block lasted for an hour. I still do find it a bit outrageous that I got punished for posting one message in caps. Cheers.
what you posted what the SteamIDv3 and i just wanted to take a short look but it was also included with spam and a few more caps.
you are only able to apply after the last ban was more 1.5 months ago so it should be invalid

• Disagree
Reactions: Roz
what you posted what the SteamIDv3 and i just wanted to take a short look but it was also included with spam and a few more caps.
you are only able to apply after the last ban was more 1.5 months ago so it should be invalid

You didn't get a good look, then.

3mzP7Ym.png

As you can see here, it was not included with spam. I posted 2 messages on the chat with over a minute of delay between them. Stop lying, please. As for the 'offense' itself, I had no chance to give my message proper context as I was gagged before I could type the 2nd part of my message. I did not see Ice Soul scolding the other person for using chat at that time, either. In my opinion one message in caps is not 'overusing caps', and frankly, if you think that making my application invalid because of something like that is fair, then go ahead. I think it would be a shame.

Once again, you're trying to latch onto every detail that you possibly can, but let me show you something. I used this here Steam ID finder, and guess what popped up in the Steam32 ID box.

pafw5JJ.png

Taking a chatlog out of context isn't proving anything, just saying. I dont recall Ice even being on the server at the point of me basically making an overreaction for comedic value. Again, I don't think that gag was justified.

Taking a chatlog out of context isn't proving anything, just saying. I dont recall Ice even being on the server at the point of me basically making an overreaction for comedic value. Again, I don't think that gag was justified.
The gag is still less than 1.5 months old with the steamid provided meaning, as racer said, this is Invalid (Link)

The gag is still less than 1.5 months old with the steamid provided meaning, as racer said, this is Invalid (Link)

You're not really adding anything new to this conversation by posting the same link, but, I'm going to leave this to the ones that will have the actual decision, and who hopefully see that it was in fact a ridiculous reason to get gagged in the first place.

i wont try to get this thread too far to the wrong way so this is the last i will say.

In my opinion i wouldnt see you fitting in the admin team just yet. youre i bit new and this admin application is not just about giving opinions but its is also about the information the player owns. having a ban thats younger than 1.5 months would make the player unable to do an admin application, unless you did a unban request to say that this should get counted invalid. But saying it right now is too late. Monster showed a picture of your chat history and this is not called "useless"(chat).

this is only my opinion and wont change much

• Dislike
Reactions: Zeprus and Roz
i wont try to get this thread too far to the wrong way so this is the last i will say.

In my opinion i wouldnt see you fitting in the admin team just yet. youre i bit new and this admin application is not just about giving opinions but its is also about the information the player owns. having a ban thats younger than 1.5 months would make the player unable to do an admin application, unless you did a unban request to say that this should get counted invalid. But saying it right now is too late. Monster showed a picture of your chat history and this is not called "useless"(chat).

this is only my opinion and wont change much

You're free to have your opinion, and I'm free to disagree with it, and defend myself when I see discrepancies in your statements about me. I'm experienced in the role of an admin, and have been doing it for years on a variety of servers. I think you're missing the point I'm trying to make. I'm not thirsty for a role of an admin. Being an admin means that you're voluneering your own time and work into a server to make it more enjoyable for others. If you really think that such a lowly, and in my opinion - undeserved punishment should weigh on the overall benefit the server would recieve, then you're free to have that opinion. All I'm saying, is that I'm willing to put my time into making the server better. What the 'upper' people make of my application is up to them. Cheers.

I'm extremely busy with studying at the moment, but I will make the effort to get this gag appealed, if that's so important. I think it's pretty ridiculous, but welp.

I'd ask for this application to be put on hold while I make an appeal to the one and only gag I recieved over a month ago, which has been mentioned in this thread.

The first thing i was on the server. The two thing is to say to the gag is it possible to go against this gag. But now to my opinion to your application. You´re still active and enforcing the rules. The application looks nice what Tekkit already wrote. I think you would do it well as admin, but i am not really sure at this point. What I want to say this gag should not stop to apply him for his first gag. My reason is it too because sometimes on this server you have many rule breaks at the same time and than to handle this fast isn't really easy. This should be know every admin here. He's is a good player and a really betterer sniper than me xD. In summary: You get a +1 from me.

Good luck and see ya on ff2 or any other server/side

Reactions: Roz
1,5 months should still be 1,5 months :l

Well ice, unless u accept it, it has to be marked as invalid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread