Revive Jailbreak (1 Viewer)

mosteraz

Jailbreak used to be our biggest and most popular gamemode and now it is like our 2Fort server (in other words: almost abandoned).
Almost every mod-intern function is broken or extremely buggy and the (very gamebreaking) Microphone-bug still exists. The players, even the ones that used to play since I first came here (about 1 year now) left. Everything that remains are a few numbers of players, most of them not even able to play on the BLU/guard team. 3 Months ago the server used to have around 15-25 players at 23:30, now its like this.

@Kevin Please look into it. Delete unused / useless / broken plugins and/or extensions.
Maybe even re-install the gamemode itself.

A thread like this should probably be longer but I just can't think of anything else what I could add.

• Agree
Reactions: DeadSworn
Jailbreak used to be our biggest and most popular gamemode and now it is like our 2Fort server (in other words: almost abandoned).
Almost every mod-intern function is broken or extremely buggy and the (very gamebreaking) Microphone-bug still exists. The players, even the ones that used to play since I first came here (about 1 year now) left. Everything that remains are a few numbers of players, most of them not even able to play on the BLU/guard team. 3 Months ago the server used to have around 15-25 players at 23:30, now its like this.

@Kevin Please look into it. Delete unused / useless / broken plugins and/or extensions.
Maybe even re-install the gamemode itself.

A thread like this should probably be longer but I just can't think of anything else what I could add.
there is nothing broken neither anything left to update.
props to the author for not fixing the bugs.

While it is disappointing that the author has not released any updates to keep the plugins/extensions working, it was mainly the unyielding surge of *children* that caused a loss of users initially.

The server still appears to be popular, but nowhere near what it used to be. It is mainly kids these days, followed by rule breakers.

On weekends the server can be populated from morning till night, aside from the lunch breaks that tear the kids eyes away from the screen. :p

While it is disappointing that the author has not released any updates to keep the plugins/extensions working, it was mainly the unyielding surge of *children* that caused a loss of users initially.

The server still appears to be popular, but nowhere near what it used to be. It is mainly kids these days, followed by rule breakers.

On weekends the server can be populated from morning till night, aside from the lunch breaks that tear the kids eyes away from the screen. :p
well, i could port back to version 5.4.0

I rather take a version which doesn't have all the 9 bugs I can come up with to be honest.
I don't know what the new patch added... but for all what I can see it's a bunch of trouble.
The bugs/reports are written on the to do list, all 9 of them are kinda importand to keep the gamemode running normally.

Also Cammy, before you were around so 1 year back... believe it or not, Jailbreak was the most popular gamemode on Panda just like deathrun and Dodgeball was starting to grow in that time.
People were playing this game till 2 AM with a lot of guards older then the age of 16.
Like I alway's told you, I know a lot of those people left because of our younger players and their way of playing this gamemode and barely understandable microphones and I did try to make a thread about this a few months back just as Matt-ers did one time trying to do something about the situation of losing our players but with no succes.

The bugs is a whole other story now, we don't face the younger player issue's no more but more than that.
I can safely say that the gamemode isn't fully operational as it is today.
There must be a admin on that server 24/7 to make it work.
There are glitches where Warden's can't be picked even with the !W command, pluging break so people can double jump and get ammo out of nowhere, muted players and dead players being able to talk trough the orders of the Warden and whatnot.
Enough of the bugs tho, there are tons of them I've noted down in the To-do-list I don't want want to put up a long report of the bugs on this thread but just to name a few.

I don't want to sound like someone who lives in the past, but I sure do miss the old Jailbreak days.
Beleive me if I say that I tried my best to keep the server populated, I tried my best.

I'm not gonna quote this here... sorry wolf
I do agree with so many thing there, even though I have stopped playing Jailbreak. Back when I was administrating it though, I played basically every day and the gamemode was at least stable. Sure, there was like a ton of kids who barely knew what a mic was, or even knew how to read a page with rules, but at least it was popular and in working condition.

So are there any updates on this matter?
I think we lost enough players as we speak.

Or should we go for a puplic vote for who wants the buggy version of jailbreak with apparently new features nobody seems to figure out what these are, or the older version of the Gamemode hopefully capable of fixing the gamebreaking issue's the server is having now?
...I think we can skip that voting part at this point.

In all honesty i quit JB because the constant rulebreaking kids were one thing... but then also the bugs that keep piling up doesn't make it worth playing.
League of legends gives less frustration then JB at this point xD

• Agree
Reactions: Wasman
Like Cammy said, JB is still populated but we need more admins to stop rulebreakers and less bugs :)

More admins =/ less bugs

Also I feel like you still want to be admin so badly that you're implying "If I was an admin the rulebreakers wouldn't be a problem".

I do want to be an admin but thats not how I meant. Because of the rulebreakers players leave, and they really wouldn't be a problem ;)
it's because i left :cool: (jk)

Truth ;) WE need you oxy.

I do want to be an admin but thats not how I meant. Because of the rulebreakers players leave, and they really wouldn't be a problem ;)

Truth ;) WE need you oxy.
i was joking the actual admins are doing an excellent job, and i can't come back ^^'

Users who are viewing this thread