Completed Reset ELO in the MGE servers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowww

There have been so many people in the EU Panda MGE servers that boosted their elo, it needs to be reset. Also it would be nice if silent remove was fixed as well.

• Creative
Reactions: Magglet
This is probably the first MGE suggestion in a long time.

Hope you don't mind me asking, whats elo? And how is silent remove suppose to work and what is it currently doing (if anything) that makes it broken?

Edit:

Decided to do it myself to find out.

I have a feeling resetting it may cause some form of backlash.

Best I could find on silent remove? Still not sure what it is. All I got from scanning this is people leave in order to save their elo?

Had no idea this is even a thing. Seems there can be farming and ducking out in order to keep a high elo. Interesting.

Last edited:
Actually I am certain everyone will love the elo reset due to the incredible amount of people who boosted it with alt accounts. It is supposed to sort players by their skill level, and thus there is a significant difference between a player with 1600 ELO and 2000 ELO, and between 2000 and 2400 for example. It is a handy tool that competitive players rely on to sort the enemies they want to face against.

Silent removing is basically leaving the arena when you are about to lose, without losing your elo. Currently you can do it by typing !add and then choosing "remove from queue", which removes you from the arena and letting you save your elo, which isn't supposed to happen.

ELO reset on the server is going to make most of the competitive players happy since it by itself "inflated" and thus bares no meaning anymore. Also, sorry for the late response

Another player has also contacted me about this, assuming you guys are friends or have talked about it on the server as this happened at the same time.

I'll have to look into this next week and try to find a fix. I'm going to leave this open in case this develops.

MGEmod has been updated on all servers, will be active once the map restarts.
may you explain what ELO is?

MGEmod has been updated on all servers, will be active once the map restarts.
may you explain what ELO is?
It is supposed to sort players by their skill level, and thus there is a significant difference between a player with 1600 ELO and 2000 ELO, and between 2000 and 2400 for example. It is a handy tool that competitive players rely on to sort the enemies they want to face against.
ELO is a skill rating system similar to MMR in Dota 2 or the hidden ELO in Counterstrike. You can use it to evaluate how good your opponent is and if you want to play against them. The ELO on our MGE servers is inflated due to people killing AFKs or alt accounts and/or abusing silent remove as described in the post I quoted.

Reactions: Kevin and V!s
Yeah that's right, the ELO just means absolutely nothing anymore and people remove from the arena they are playing on 19 (games are played first to 20) silently so you do not gain ELO for winning, nor the enemy loses such for losing. Additionally, the number of people who have boosted their ELO number to abnormously high amounts simply to be shown on !top5 is ridiculous, and although I am faulty of this too, I am also the one cheering for the ELO to be reset. Also it is crucial to have silent remove exploit fixed, currently people can do it by typing !add, then go on page 3 and choose "Remove from queue" (or the shortcut !add 19).

Also, MGEMod has not been updated as of yet from what I can gather, silent remove exploit is still very doable

Last edited:
Yeah that's right, the ELO just means absolutely nothing anymore and people remove from the arena they are playing on 19 (games are played first to 20) silently so you do not gain ELO for winning, nor the enemy loses such for losing. Additionally, the number of people who have boosted their ELO number to abnormously high amounts simply to be shown on !top5 is ridiculous, and although I am faulty of this too, I am also the one cheering for the ELO to be reset. Also it is crucial to have silent remove exploit fixed, currently people can do it by typing !add, then go on page 3 and choose "Remove from queue" (or the shortcut !add 19).

Also, MGEMod has not been updated as of yet from what I can gather, silent remove exploit is still very doable
join the MGE #07 server and let me know if silent remove still works.
database has been purged so stats are resetted.

You can still silent remove with the same method
hm okay strange, i'll check what the issue is there.
grabbed the latest version off from github yesterday.

maybe you can add me on steam so we can figure it out together in the evening if you want.

has been already solved earlier hence closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread