Declined Replacing JB Complex (1 Viewer)

Should this map be replaced, added, or cast away?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

iamhuman

Hello, I'm here to propose a suggestion. This is to replace the map known as jb_complex_b6. This map is known for the fact that blues are not able to access the armory through regular means.
This poses a problem for Blues as they end up running out of ammo and have no where to go to grab more ammo. The map I'm willing to propose to replace complex is jb_quake_v1.

This map has been through a lot of various updates, never really being a great map overall. But a creator by the name of "Denied" improved on this map, and I can say that it is most certainly playable.
It's based on a first-person shooter known as
Quake. The game was released in 1996, meaning the overall style of the map is designed around the dark and grim ambience of Quake.

The map has a variety of different mini-games, and I'd say all of them are pretty good.

Steady Pace
Bloodrun (Speedrun)
Obstacle Course
Sweeper
Deathrun
Nine Square
Stairway to Heaven
VS. Sentry
Climb
Deathrun
Jeopardy
Football (Soccer)
Butchery (Kitchen)
Theatre
Box Game
Fall Game

Unfortunately there is no Crush Game, but the rest of the mini-games really do make up for it.

I've attached a .ZIP file of the map and some pictures taken of the map to get a feel for it.

For anyone who has already played this map, you may remember that the main cell area was very tight and there just wasn't enough space to properly distance reds and blues. This version of the map is different. The layout of overall the same, but there was more space added in the cell area, and the map has much better lighting than before.

For those who are wondering about accessibility to secrets on the map (because we all don't want another Alkatraz in our hands), there are a few secrets. Some are easy to access, some are not.

From what I've seen the most powerful secret requires similar routine to the "Putin" secret on Alkatraz, but it does not supply any ammo or infinite jumps. It simply gives the user crits for a short time. There are other secrets like an armor pack giving some extra defense, a spy cloak (which is also temporary), and two vents. One of the vents leads directly to armory in the Butchery (very easy to see). And another vent that leads to butchery.

If you are here to vote on whether this map should be added or not, I suggest you check out all the mini-games and download the map first. Give me your overall opinions towards it, but don't completely shut it down. If this map could be replaced for Complex, it'd be nothing but a favor considering how unpolished and broken that map is.

Thank you for your time, and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• JB Quake.zip
    37.5 MB · Views: 193
Remove both option?

remove complex dont add quake option?????

Reactions: Husky
Hello, I was exploring this map, and I found some nasty bugs. Game-breaking, seeing through walls and poor brushwork.
These pictures were made on the Climb minigame, and you are able to see through deathrun walls and through walls near VS. Sentry
This map is NOT good for gameplay.

If @Semicolon Backslash wants to decompile this map and fix up the brushes, I will happily vote this to get into JB's rotation,
other than that. This is going to be a decline from me.

hl2_O5uoO9Xi9L.png

hl2_6dqN6hktiK.png

Back in my Blackwonder days, every time this map was selected, it would be instantly RTVed.
The maps textures were do shit that I couldn't even tell what minigames were what.
The hallways are really enclosed, but not as bad as wildwest.

People overall hated the map. I did, too, to be honest.
If it got updated and every bad aspect of this map changed, I wouldn't know because the map isn't even on the list of jailbreak maps from gamebanana.

My vote is to not add quake and keep complex. Maybe get an update on complex so I can actually get some fucking ammo.

• Agree
Reactions: vinny and iamhuman
Hello, I was exploring this map, and I found some nasty bugs. Game-breaking, seeing through walls and poor brushwork.
These pictures were made on the Climb minigame, and you are able to see through deathrun walls and through walls near VS. Sentry
This map is NOT good for gameplay.

If @Semicolon Backslash wants to decompile this map and fix up the brushes, I will happily vote this to get into JB's rotation,
other than that. This is going to be a decline from me.

View attachment 12622
View attachment 12623
why would I decompile a map to make some walls higherleG.jpg

I really don't care if it gets in or not always been an iffy for me as it has ok minigames but always felt mazelike in parts

Also as a side note I do have a stripper source that should fix complex's armory door but its untested leG.jpg

Both maps are garbage. Quake is ugly and hard to look at and complex is just bland and laggy. Why no remove both option?

Not too many votes, but I think the poll overall is a bit of a funky one to begin with. "Replacing" a map completely unrelated to another map had me kind of scratching my head. If you want a specific map added and another removed, simply make the poll yes or no for both suggestions.

As for this suggestion, going to decline based on what I've seen. Feel free to suggest the map quake in a separate suggestion. (not as a replacement)

Reactions: vinny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread