Declined Repeat? Oh wait i'm already D E A D! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRGGB2

So I've seen far too often BLU's not giving repeats when a RED ask for it.
Although I have a suggestion.
I remember other servers have a !r or !repeat command which in prompt a speech bubble
(*Insert funni name* asked for a repeat)
My suggestion is if possible bring the repeat command to jb to stop of all the "FREEKILL I ASKED FOR A REPEAT ESFHBIUBUHSBFUHSBEF!"

Attachments

• Repeat-_-.rar
    4 KB · Views: 176
Last edited by a moderator:
I used to play Blackwonder and this !r shit would be spammed all the time and it was really annoying.
It's the warden's fault if they can't lo read chat or don't
Sometimes it's the Red's fault cause an order can be spoken clearly and they just wanna troll.

The solution? Just be more competent.

Plugin link?
Couldn't find any links to the plugin

Sometimes it's the Red's fault cause an order can be spoken clearly and they just wanna troll.
A good argument. Yes sometimes RED's can troll warden by asking for repeat but what if they really need a repeat. Either the Warden's instructions weren't clear enough for a bad mic. Most New wardens I encounter either gave a ridiculous order that half of the RED's would understand. When asking a repeat feels like difficult because they often don't read the chat and killing you because you didn't follow that order. I can see some regulars disagreeing on my side and you will start reeing at me.

@TRGGB2
I get Reds need repeats sometimes and most new Blus are oblivious, but I don't think the !r plugin will be more helpful than annoying.

When I'm a guard, if I see someone put repeat in chat and warden doesn't give 2 shits, I give them a repeat and they usually don't get shot instantly.
Hell, even a Red can give a repeat for their teammate, or the clueless Red can follow the other ones.

Maybe people don't pay enough attention, maybe warden doesn't care about the Red's feelings, I don't know.
Personally, I just don't like the !r plugin. I think Blus just need to pay more attention.

• Agree
Reactions: vinny and TRGGB2
My frustration towards being killed while waiting patiently for a repeat is immeasurable, and my day is ruined. I feel a repeat command should be implemented.
Two ways I can think of a repeat command being implemented without MAJOR abuse are:

1. Make the repeat command unusable if a the command has already been executed from 30 seconds prior.

2. Make a repeat command that involves no sounds being used (meaning it will be less annoying), and have the repeat come out via sm_csay (the white text in the middle of the screen) or even sm_hsay (which is less noticable but also less intrusive).

Only issue is actually implementing this.

But seriously, saying blues need to be more "competent" solves nothing. Blues will still not read chat, and people will still be freekilled from helplessly asking for repeat in chat. I agree it's the Wardens job to pay attention and give repeats when asked, but 6 - 7 times out of 10 wardens just don't look at chat. And Admins are not always going to be there to respawn anyone who gets freekilled because the warden is too blind to read the chat.

We need to make it more clear when someone is asking for a repeat. The chat is a busy area where everyone talks if they aren't speaking on mic, and calls for repeats can easily be missed by spam, conversation, and like mentioned above, incompetent wardens.

• Happy
Reactions: TRGGB2
This I believe is built into redux. From my limited playtime with it, it makes almost no difference and is just spammed as a way to annoy people.

1. Make the repeat command unusable if a the command has already been executed from 30 seconds prior.
If I recall redux has a limited amount of repeats a red can use.

2. Make a repeat command that involves no sounds being used (meaning it will be less annoying), and have the repeat come out via sm_csay (the white text in the middle of the screen) or even sm_hsay (which is less noticable but also less intrusive).
Redux has a little message appear over a reds head which is leagues better than hsay or csay which may interfere with admin warnings using those commands.

again I have little experience with redux so I have no idea if it actually works like this or its one of the other 50k plugins badwonder or wonderbland run.

Last edited:
  • Useful
This I believe is built into redux. From my limited playtime with it, it makes almost no difference and is just spammed as a way to annoy people.

If I recall redux has a limited amount of repeats a red can use.

Redux has a little message appear over a reds head which is leagues better than hsay or csay which may interfere with admin warnings using those commands.

again I have little experience with redux so I have no idea if it actually works like this or its one of the other 50k plugins badwonder or wonderbland run.
I see. I mean as long as we can mute whatever sounds the repeat command makes, theres much less incentive to spam it and annoy an entire server.

But if its truly believed that no one will benefit off of a repeat command, then I guess everyone needs to work together in someway to make sure the warden gives a repeat.

@TRGGB2 @Madact Sorry, I didn't want you to close this yet. I think this is a brilliant idea.

I think the main gripe everyone has here is how potentially abuseable a repeat command would be. Luckily from my days in FoG, we made a repeat plugin that has anti-spam prevention and makes a sound that isn't total ear rape. Here's how it works: when a players on either team types !repeat or /repeat, a noise is made that is exact same as from the warden menu along with a message in chat that looks like for example (
Bambi has asked for a repeat). After asking for a repeat, it will not let you ask for another repeat for at least 10 seconds which ironically works out perfectly with the rule we currently have for asking repeats.

Only issue is this might not still be supported because of ongoing updates, this is outdated by about 3 years. We would need to test it to see if it still functions correctly.

So now that you know this is possible and the main issues seemingly fixed, I'll reset the poll. I don't want this added just by simple majority, would like a good enough majority (2/3) per say to add this as this is somewhat of a big deal.

Attachments

• Repeat-_-.rar
    4 KB · Views: 182
@TRGGB2 Sorry, I didn't want you to close this yet. I think this is a brilliant idea.

I think the main gripe everyone has here is how potentially abuseable a repeat command would be. Luckily from my days in FoG, we made a repeat plugin that has anti-spam prevention and makes a sound that isn't total ear rape. Here's how it works: when a players on either team types !repeat or /repeat, a noise is made that is exact same as from the warden menu along with a message in chat that looks like for example (
Bambi has asked for a repeat). After asking for a repeat, it will not let you ask for another repeat for at least 10 seconds which ironically works out perfectly with the rule we currently have for asking repeats.

Only issue is this might not still be supported because of ongoing updates, this is outdated by about 3 years. We would need to test it to see if it still functions correctly.

So now that you know this is possible and the main issues seemingly fixed, I'll reset the poll. I don't want this added just by simple majority, would like a good enough majority (2/3) per say to add this as this is somewhat of a big deal.
Went and double-checked redux does have a repeat function that does/doesn't do the following

• has a cooldown
  • max repeats per prisoner (10 by default although can be changed)
  • make repeats only visible to specific people (blue team only, warden only or everyone)
  • puts an annotation above the prisoners head
  • seemingly no sounds at all

My question is if your plugin has any advantages to redux's version that are better than redux aside from having a sound.

• Agree
Reactions: vinny
It's worth trying out given the voting, see if it's compatible with what we have.

Task
#180 Test repeat plugin bambi has given on jailbreak

installed it on EU1 - please try it there and if it works i'll merge it to US.

It has a 5 second cooldown and does a Madact: REPEAT! whited out with a little sound.

Dead players, gagged players and even warden can use this command. It can be abused easily.

I'll hit up JB team about it. Probably gonna request increasing the cooldown time if possible but considering what it's like most likely to decline this. Will see.

Reactions: Addster
Talked with the jb team and Madact about this and we have decided to decline it for the reasons stated above. This may be reconsidered in case a better plugin surfaces.

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread