Duplicate Remove two DR maps (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

An0n

So I think we should talk about the Deathrun maps dr_horrors and dr_neohorrors_v2, because they are honestly not good at all and their removal should be discussed.

So, I'll start off with dr_horrors. This map has been around for quite a while and it's known to be quite exploitable, not only can runners escape some of the traps (the one at the beginning, the two in the corridor, the one at the stairs in the end...) but both teams can avoid entering the minigame if either of them do not enter the sewers stage, which will ultimately lead to either a time victory for Death or a victory for whoever decides not to go into the sewers. The map's aesthetic also looks quite old and it can be pretty boring at times, not to speak of the multiple earrape sound effects it contains thanks to its cheap "jumpscares".

As for dr_neohorrors_v2, it doesn't get any better. This map has the same aesthetic and earrape sound effects as the last one. However, there aren't any exploits, or none known, because most often than not all runners will die at the beginning of the map. Why you ask? Well, the map has an oven you must crouch through to get to the next stage, in it there are some flames that come on and will immediately kill any player which comes in contact with them. Not only are the spaces between said flames really tight but the flames are invisible for whatever reason. There are no sound cues for when the flames are up/change instances, and no one can see them either so it's a total gamble whenever you try going through the oven, almost always resulting in all runners dying to it.

All in all, both maps are quite flawed and should probably be removed or updated (if there are any updates available which have those mistakes fixed).

I could make an updated version of dr_horrors that fixes all of the exploits. Busy week so I'll get to it on Saturday hopefully.

As for neohorrors, the flames in the oven were visible when the map was first added, not sure why they're not visible now.

• Disagree
  • Winner
Reactions: _Black and Ian
I could make an updated version of dr_horrors that fixes all of the exploits. Busy week so I'll get to it on Saturday hopefully.

As for neohorrors, the flames in the oven were visible when the map was first added, not sure why they're not visible now.

For horrors, if you could fix its flaws, that would be nice. However, don't go out of your way to do so.

As for neohorrors, I've played the map 4 times and all of those times nobody could see the flames so we all speedran RTVing the map because it was no fun.

Removal of dr_horrors was suggested about 4 months ago, I just want to link it here for some more information

Also I recommend adding polls to your suggestions

Reactions: _Black and Madact
Tomorrow I'm gonna make a post or two about map removals (10 - 15 maps) and map addition post, can you tell me in pm if there are any other maps having strange issues like neohorrors?

Edit: Gonna add all posts tomorrow (1st oct), too busy today

Last edited:
idc about neohorror but horrors has been here for ages and it would be sad to see a classic go

• Agree
Reactions: salguod
The escape possibilitys of dr horrors are a feature stop using that as a reason to remove it

Tomorrow I'm gonna make a post or two about map removals (10 - 15 maps) and map addition post, you can tell me in pm if there are any other maps having strange issues like neohorrors?

If this is the case I'd like to close this thread once it's out so all of possible removals are on one thread.

Keep in mind top 10 maps are un-touchable unless they have major issues such as map exploits.

Also as Mark pointed out, dr_horror is a recently suggestion that didn't pass. So skip that one. dr_neohorrors_v2 however feel free to put that one.

Actually @Nikola before you make the thread please show me before posting in a PM. I think we might have issues with poll voting.

• Informative
Reactions: Nikola
there are plenty of maps that can be removed 15+ with alot of different reasons such as the aeuuu one cause its a joke map but thats up to the full to judge what maps are to be yeeted out

• Informative
Reactions: An0n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread