Declined remove jb_volcano (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mole/Salty

The map has its flaws and it isn't hard to see why. Deathrun has 2 red sides that are not identified which is the exit and entrance, which is already questionable and confusing. Climb, although it is NOT impossible, let alone hard, shouldn't be how it is, with it that you fall into the lava pit and die whereas other climbs only deplete health a bit. I don't believe jb_volcano's climb should be that way but that's just my opinion so I digress. Four corners is a nitpicker. You literally choose who dies in the minigame and obviously that isn't the Four Corners concept and the only truly enjoyable minigames on the map is Boss Fight and maybe Walls. Everything else, 9 square, box game, crush game, and any other no-skill-required minigame just feels dull. Sweeper isn't even a top pick enjoyable minigame because hardly anyone chooses it whether it is asked while reds are on the yellow line, after a minigame is done or for death request. If I'm being honest, and I think I may be speaking for a lot of people, there have been more failrounds than successful rounds on this map and 5 out of 10 times, and it's not even because of a bad warden, just dull minigames and how long it takes to find a decent minigame. And on top of all this, the spawn/cell area is arguably the worst out of all other jailbreak maps. Guards can easily fall into the lava pit, including warden. Despite the fact that it's not hard at all to not fall in, it's still a good chance that some red can just get a guard or warden to fall in, or the guards or warden can just slip up and fall in. I may be missing out more flaws, I hope I don't but the map is too complex, big and confusing. It takes at least 3 to 5 minutes each round to get a successful minigame done, let alone get to a fair minigame on the map. @Berke I'm sorry, but this map is just not enjoyable, it's up there with underjail and quake as one of the least fun maps to play on.

The map has its flaws and it isn't hard to see why. Deathrun has 2 red sides that are not identified which is the exit and entrance, which is already questionable and confusing. Climb, although it is NOT impossible, let alone hard, shouldn't be how it is, with it that you fall into the lava pit and die whereas other climbs only deplete health a bit. I don't believe jb_volcano's climb should be that way but that's just my opinion so I digress. Four corners is a nitpicker. You literally choose who dies in the minigame and obviously that isn't the Four Corners concept and the only truly enjoyable minigames on the map is Boss Fight and maybe Walls. Everything else, 9 square, box game, crush game, and any other no-skill-required minigame just feels dull. Sweeper isn't even a top pick enjoyable minigame because hardly anyone chooses it whether it is asked while reds are on the yellow line, after a minigame is done or for death request. If I'm being honest, and I think I may be speaking for a lot of people, there have been more failrounds than successful rounds on this map and 5 out of 10 times, and it's not even because of a bad warden, just dull minigames and how long it takes to find a decent minigame. And on top of all this, the spawn/cell area is arguably the worst out of all other jailbreak maps. Guards can easily fall into the lava pit, including warden. Despite the fact that it's not hard at all to not fall in, it's still a good chance that some red can just get a guard or warden to fall in, or the guards or warden can just slip up and fall in. I may be missing out more flaws, I hope I don't but the map is too complex, big and confusing. It takes at least 3 to 5 minutes each round to get a successful minigame done, let alone get to a fair minigame on the map. @Berke I'm sorry, but this map is just not enjoyable, it's up there with underjail and quake as one of the least fun maps to play on.
They thing is, it’s problems with the mini games not the actual map and bugs itself. Blues and the warden should be well aware of the maps lava, if they fall it’s their fault. A red can be the main cause but the warden should take that in mind, not every map should be baby proofed. If you believe the mini games needs to be updated tell berke to fix them and it’s done. Cell area being ugly isn’t a valid reason to remove a map. Mini games being dull can be said for every map, hopjb mini games are dull for me but still enjoy the map in some way.

climb is fun and has players actually need skill to do it instead of giving them continuous chances, no one picks sweeper which already is a dull minigame as it is, because of its placement not being close to cells at all which is 1 of the few maps we have that maybe the only map we have to do that and its refreshing as hell!!! you can't bring in a failround statistic into this since its not accurate at all, you can't say the minigames are dull since it's all games other maps use and even brings in a new game called boss game.

its peoples faults that they fall into the funny gimmick and die, not the maps fault, all you need is awareness and you're fine

otherwise my gripes with the map is that its too big and spread out, as well as no maps or signs so there's no way to know where games are which leads to slow, boring rounds.

Wow I feel kind of dumb for suggesting this originally to make this happen. Do I enjoy the map? No. Is it bad though? That’s where it becomes subjective.

Let me start off with what I like about the map
-It’s in a volcano. That’s cool
-Its secret is pretty cool if it isn’t used every round there are freedays
- MOST of the king Ames aren’t garbage. (Tbh they’re mostly ok with boss fight being the obvious exception)
-the bugs aren’t too annoying (since I haven’t seen any of them)
-funny lol lava pit

ok time for the negatives
-“hey uh where is this game?”
-“DO BOSSFIGHT”
-Hns is literally a pain in the ass
-“darn it they got the secret that’s on the other side of the map oh boy and we can’t get it because the reds are already in the spot where we can’t kill them ohhh boy”
-if you have less than 5 blues good luck
-and everything else I forgot cause I’m dumb

Should we keep the map though? After now thinking about it...yeah. It’s not perfect but it just needs some polish is all. Ok there’s my take feel free to ignore

Wow I feel kind of dumb for suggesting this originally to make this happen. Do I enjoy the map? No. Is it bad though? That’s where it becomes subjective.

Let me start off with what I like about the map
-It’s in a volcano. That’s cool
-Its secret is pretty cool if it isn’t used every round there are freedays
- MOST of the king Ames aren’t garbage. (Tbh they’re mostly ok with boss fight being the obvious exception)
-the bugs aren’t too annoying (since I haven’t seen any of them)
-funny lol lava pit

ok time for the negatives
-“hey uh where is this game?”
-“DO BOSSFIGHT”
-Hns is literally a pain in the ass
-“darn it they got the secret that’s on the other side of the map oh boy and we can’t get it because the reds are already in the spot where we can’t kill them ohhh boy”
-if you have less than 5 blues good luck
-and everything else I forgot cause I’m dumb

Should we keep the map though? After now thinking about it...yeah. It’s not perfect but it just needs some polish is all. Ok there’s my take feel free to ignore
Totally agree, the map isn’t flawless but the cons aren’t worthy enough to remove it in my opinion. If maps are too big then let’s remove every big map then! Fun! The secret I am not a fan though. I’m in favor of just removing every map and having supermario, who agrees?

• Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: Solo, Ura and vinny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread