Declined Remove Jb_complex (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Hello, I have a suggestion for a typically not played, open, and overall bland map. I think we should remove Complex from the JB map list. 1. Server info on HLStats proves that rarely, if ever do people play on complex, and often if you do see complex on this list of recently played maps, it does not play through it's timer, or even get close to doing so, without getting swapped to another map. 2. The map looks so bland in comparison to other maps, with it's similar textures, and lack of variation (except quake, quake is bland too, and lacks variation), and is open just like another removed map known as Bootcamp, although not to the same extent. 3. The map's minigames are unoriginal, and are often done more proficiently on other maps, or the minigames can be found on most other maps with a combination of better designed or unique minigames. 4. Along with this, the map seems to have been taken off of the site gamebannana and put to private, as to state that the owner either did not like it, does not want it to be found, or only wants a select number of people to use this below par map. You may find this map attached to this thread as a bsp file, and ready to launch in tf2, or if you so decide, you can decompile it and look at the map that way to make your decision.

Attachments

• jb_complex_b6.bsp
    33.6 MB · Views: 136
Reactions: Addster
What's to gain from removing maps from the map pool? It'd make sense if you needed to remove maps to make space for new ones. but considering the map isn't innately broken or has anything glaringly wrong with it, it'd seem weird to remove it.

Removing maps from the map pool is to stop getting maps that nobody likes playing on and to stop people from nominating it as a joke because of how bad, boring, or bland the map is.

Complex is a crappy map that gets insta-RTV'd everytime it's played on. It only ever gets played on because somebody wants to troll with the map vote. We removed bootcamp, so I don't see why we shouldn't remove complex.

What's to gain from removing maps from the map pool? It'd make sense if you needed to remove maps to make space for new ones. but considering the map isn't innately broken or has anything glaringly wrong with it, it'd seem weird to remove it.
Say you were born with a leg that serves absolutely no purpose. The decision would be to remove the leg to prevent it from being a detriment, and giving a prosthetic that actually functioned instead. Complex is a leg, that serves no purpose, with an exception of wasting people's time rocking the vote and waiting for a map switch. Removing Complex would eliminate this problem and then function as the prosthetic by resolving the issue of wasting time. Similarly, you would not be able to walk without a leg, so you would get a prosthetic to fix the problem at hand.

• Haha
Reactions: Roar
I mean the prosthetic metaphor kinda just nails the whole "removing a map to make way for a new one" doesn't it? I get your point but it seems far from an unwanted map judging by the votes

You do make a valid point, but just take into account that most of the people on the forums are either long time players or active players, about 3/4 of jb regulars I have seen recently on the servers have still not responded, or do not have a forum account created thus far. Although you may say that due to they not having a forum account, that they aren't invested in the server. To survey the public of jb who do not use the forums religiously would probably be a good idea, as that is what I have done before posting this. I can also get recordings of these interactions with the normal players made if you would like me to do so to improve my credibility. Jailbreak has far more than 18 players, often having more than that number online at one time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread