Declined Removal of No Steal Rule on DB TX. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That only really helps the reporter if they report regulars who keep on stealing.
What i'm trying to do here is prevent further banning of our loyal players.
are the 'loyal players' not regulars? idk? idc

and as far as for the removal of the rule, from what i've picked up, is that it should be removed because:
1. lack of admins to enforce the rule on the server
2. rule only benefits a few people
3. stealing is cool in texas
there might've been something i missed, but i'm not interested in reading more walls of text

now what i think about it:
1. just because there are no admins on the server does not mean you're allowed to break the rules. it shouldn't be a surprise if you got punished later on.
2. perhaps more people would be able to take advantage of the rule if there weren't so many stealers on the server (assuming there are in this case, since rules apparently don't matter there).
3. i'm not sure why it is so difficult to follow the rules and change your playstyle if necessary just so you're able to continue playing on the server.
if people really want the rule gone, it'd be nice to hear more from them. but then again, there's a possibility that stealers scared other people away who would've liked playing on a server with no stealing. but hey, i wouldn't know, after all, i'm just an EU player, right?

are the 'loyal players' not regulars? idk? idc

and as far as for the removal of the rule, from what i've picked up, is that it should be removed because:
1. lack of admins to enforce the rule on the server
2. rule only benefits a few people
3. stealing is cool in texas
there might've been something i missed, but i'm not interested in reading more walls of text

now what i think about it:
1. just because there are no admins on the server does not mean you're allowed to break the rules. it shouldn't be a surprise if you got punished later on.
2. perhaps more people would be able to take advantage of the rule if there weren't so many stealers on the server (assuming there are in this case, since rules apparently don't matter there).
3. i'm not sure why it is so difficult to follow the rules and change your playstyle if necessary just so you're able to continue playing on the server.
if people really want the rule gone, it'd be nice to hear more from them. but then again, there's a possibility that stealers scared other people away who would've liked playing on a server with no stealing. but hey, i wouldn't know, after all, i'm just an EU player, right?
To answer 1. There aren't any admins not only to enforce the rule but also to teach what the rule means and the severity of breaking the rule(When an admin IS present to administer a punishment), I have seen many players play for a weeks straight, sometimes two weeks straight without ever seeing an admin, so then when an admin is present they are slayed and explained the rule, and I know this is hard to believe but sometimes they don't get it the first time they're explained it, and i'm sure most admins on Panda TX can agree that often times when banning a player that is still new to the game they act a little dense and end up stealing the second and third time granting them a ban. Usually it's this point that I stop seeing them on the server even after the ban has been lifted. And for the regular players since the rule isn't enforced it basically doesn't exist cause why would we follow a rule we don't agree with when we know the server doesn't have the manpower to enforce it although they are willing to ban us if it is broken. It is nonsensical, I don't understand why it should even be an argument of whether it should be here or not. The rule isn't being enforced properly it just isn't. That means the players who agree with the rule, reap no benefits from it being in place. But regular players who disagree with the rule and steal rockets because like I said the rule isn't properly enforced get banned through either demos or the rare occasion that an admin gets on.
To Answer 2. If there are more people stealing then there are not stealing, shouldn't it be obvious to change the rule that favors the majority? Lets say we banned every player who stole rockets, then we'd have less than half the people who play on the server currently.
To answer 3. It's not difficult to change your play style? Really dude? Do you really believe that? And stealers didn't scare most of the other players away, most US players steal rockets it's not like we scared off all the people who don't like stealing that's such a silly thing to even say. Panda TX get's a lot of traffic as is and it could potentially get more traffic if we get rid of this rule. The reason why I think we can get rid of this rule without having much loss in our population is because the rule is already not being properly enforced it's really not helping anyone just hurting players who get banned. And yeah you are an EU player you don't play on this server you don't know what it's like here. Your EU servers are VERY different from Panda TX it just is. And the reason EU players don't like playing on Panda TX is cause we are a server that likes to steal, we steal a lot. Many EU players have already responded saying the same thing on this post. So it just doesn't make sense to continue having this rule on Panda TX, I'm not here to touch your EU servers so I don't understand why you have a problem with us changing our rules so that it can benefit us? We don't have to be a harsh community that has only one person calling the shots. And @Kevin I'm sorry to have to say this but I have never ever seen you play on Panda TX or even Dodgeball in general, and I feel it is unfair to have this rule pushed on us. I really enjoy the server and I want to continue playing on it but I feel that this rule is hindering us.

And @Kevin I'm sorry to have to say this but I have never ever seen you play on Panda TX or even Dodgeball in general, and I feel it is unfair to have this rule pushed on us. I really enjoy the server and I want to continue playing on it but I feel that this rule is hindering us.

So if Kevin doesn't play on a server, there shouldn't be any gamemode specific rules because it's "pushed" on you? Do you expect him to play on every 60 whatever servers he runs? I don't know panda history, but I doubt that kevin placed the rule there without the community agreeing to it. You can make a change if you community really wants it, but so far you're the only representative and I practically see no presence that's backing this suggestion. I only really see this thread as an impulse to change things to the way you like it.

@Silorak Since you're TX db admoon, maybe give some input?

I think Joo has restated the same point enough times here that we can all say this is going in circles. Joo also doesn't need his play style adjusted because he plays like a perfect little angel when I'm present. Which is the secondary issue to the topic, we need more active staff who play DB. We still have three applicants under review, hopefully they will be accepted or declined within the next week or so. . .

So if Kevin doesn't play on a server, there shouldn't be any gamemode specific rules because it's "pushed" on you? Do you expect him to play on every 60 whatever servers he runs? I don't know panda history, but I doubt that kevin placed the rule there without the community agreeing to it. You can make a change if you community really wants it, but so far you're the only representative and I practically see no presence that's backing this suggestion. I only really see this thread as an impulse to change things to the way you like it.
I've been trying to encourage the Panda TX players to come write a post with little effect, the reason why it seems that i'm in the minority here is because only EU players have responded, and they've all responded with the same thing and I don't understand why it's so important to them to keep this from happening it doesn't affect you at all and you have no idea what it's like on Panda TX.

@Silorak Since you're TX db admoon, maybe give some input?
Silorak is a TX admin but only recently and he's really still an EU admin, I like Silorak and he's a cool admin and all but the thing is we can't keep putting so much influence on what the admins have to say. They clearly are already accepting of the rule otherwise they wouldn't be admins, They're opinions her should be weighed the same as all other players.

I think Joo has restated the same point enough times here that we can all say this is going in circles. Joo also doesn't need his play style adjusted because he plays like a perfect little angel when I'm present. Which is the secondary issue to the topic, we need more active staff who play DB. We still have three applicants under review, hopefully they will be accepted or declined within the next week or so. . .
Prick you should know very well yourself that getting a couple new trial admins won't really help us. You are the admin who comes on the most and like i've said to you before I don't see you on very often and i'm on EVERY day. And you've been a trial admin for almost a year now. if it takes this long to become an admin then I can understand why getting a few more trials won't really help us since trials don't even have the power to permanently ban anyone.

Silorak is a TX admin but only recently and he's really still an EU admin, I like Silorak and he's a cool admin and all but the thing is we can't keep putting so much influence on what the admins have to say. They clearly are already accepting of the rule otherwise they wouldn't be admins, They're opinions her should be weighed the same as all other players.

In the end it's the admins that are enforcing the rules. Besides, noone is weighing anything yet and the scales are already tipped. As for not being able to perm as a trial, fulls are more than happy to extend bans for trials if asked. That is the least of issues.

The only players who ever actually need a perma ban are the hackers, and rarely a final ban due to priors. Full admin would certainly make my job more fun and flexible, but I havent been given any answer as to how I can even be promoted, nor am I that worried about it. I will try to make myself more active if the community is that desperate. I dont get on as much because Im either at work, too tired from being at work, or hiking over the weekend. Three more trial admins who are more active than myself would be a tremendous change. But youre right, nothing will deter a player who is hellbent on stealing. Only changing the rules to accomodate the said party and becoming just like every other DB server will fix that, right?

TBH I'm pretty neutral on this problem. I can see the pros and cons for both sides of the situation. On each side there will always be a group who is benefiting from it, and another group who is avoiding the server because of it. For example, stealers leaving panda because of the no stealing rule. Though if we removed the stealing rule some people who dislike the idea of stealing will leave. It is a win/win or a lose/lose in both situations. Just which one will have a more positive effect. Personally, I don't mind the stealing rule. People have debated it on TX for a while now, but it has always been there. EU DB is completely fine with the no stealing rule, so why can't TX?

Edit: If we become like all the other U.S servers won't we just be a boring, plain server. We would be like all the rest no difference. Some people come to Panda TX for the different no stealing environment. IDK tho I just wanted to stay neutral in this.

Also, about the not enough admin topic. We have 3 applicants currently who are under review I believe. Depending on if they get accepted or denied; it could change the situation of this topic. In addition, I'll be getting on TX DB a lot more now that my exams are done, so hopefully that helps as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pricholas
TBH I'm pretty neutral on this problem. I can see the pros and cons for both sides of the situation. On each side there will always be a group who is benefiting from it, and another group who is avoiding the server because of it. For example, stealers leaving panda because of the no stealing rule. Though if we removed the stealing rule some people who dislike the idea of stealing will leave. It is a win/win or a lose/lose in both situations. Just which one will have a more positive effect. Personally, I don't mind the stealing rule. People have debated it on TX for a while now, but it has always been there. EU DB is completely fine with the no stealing rule, so why can't TX?

Also, about the not enough admin topic. We have 3 applicants currently who are under review I believe. Depending on if they get accepted or denied; it could change the situation of this topic. In addition, I'll be getting on TX DB a lot more now that my exams are done, so hopefully that helps as well.
Well I feel the same. That's why I had a debate with myself. I'm slightly neutral. I'm more leaning on keeping the rule. Although you can't really pick a side on this. Especially when I enjoy someone stealing and directing it to me. I don't like stealing, but I like it when others try to steal to kill me. Happens when the server is sort of empty and early in the morning. Anyways. Sooner or later all of the judges in this community will come along. To throw down their final judgement on Joos suggestion.

•~• :vanilla2: This concludes my reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread